Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
lijapancarcrashrtr2uuvs.jpg

This is what happens when you don't follow the GTPlanet Rules of Racing!!​

http://www.cbc.ca/news/offbeat/story/2011/12/05/japan-pricey-car-crash.html

If I ever seen an epic fail this is for sure one of them :lol:.

Btw get this hat off me head its itchy! :banghead:

Also, probably home early today, so I can drop by the EU spot race if there's someone to accept FR request to the spec lounge.

I'll probably just log in as the spec lounge for the Surprise night. 'twould be good to see you there!

^^^^That's what I did on Friday and Saturday, probably a good idea until we know we have the majority added. Since you're running from the recommended garage for Surprise Night you don't have to worry about a lack of cars in your garage. :)

Btw get this hat off me head its itchy! :banghead:

Too Funny! :lol:

Can I just say that I love being off work during the week while SPEED is showing BTCC, DTM and V8SC races... So much better than the typical programming! đź‘Ť

Can I just say that I love being off work during the week while SPEED is showing BTCC, DTM and V8SC races... So much better than the typical programming! đź‘Ť

Certainly beats watching X-Factor and all that other reality show rubbish! You timed your holiday well!

Looks like I'll have to be setting my DVR. Winter is the best time for racing on SPEED..........NO NASCAR!!!!

Anybody else planning on coming to the late Surprise race tonight? We could certainly use a few more participants. If it proves to be popular these could be a regular event in the SpecRace lounges. đź‘Ť

Suprise Night

Anybody else planning on coming to the late Surprise race tonight? We could certainly use a few more participants. If it proves to be popular these could be a regular event in the SpecRace lounges. đź‘Ť

Suprise Night

I should be able to attend both, however I might need a breathalyzer or field sobriety test before I'm allowed entrance into the second session... :dopey:

I should be able to attend both, however I might need a breathalyzer or field sobriety test before I'm allowed entrance into the second session... :dopey:

I don't recall seeing anything in the rules stating that intoxicated racing was frowned upon. I certainly don't frown upon it, else I'd be a hypocrite. :)

I don't recall seeing anything in the rules stating that intoxicated racing was frowned upon. I certainly don't frown upon it, else I'd be a hypocrite. :)

And there's me thinking of making it compulsary to be three sheets to the wind.

I'd like to get a good group together tomorrow (Tuesday, Dec. 6) at our normal time (7:45pm EST) to try a mock race at Daytona so we can really test the draft. I still have my concerns that we may be hitting the rev limiter too much. We will do an actual qualifying session and two 8-10 lap races (second with reverse grid). Let me know if you'll be able to make it so I can plan accordingly. Ideally I'd like to have 8-10 of us.

Also, I just noticed that our :) have Santa hats for the holidays. :dopey: How festive!

I'll probably be there.

The smileys do that every year. They do something on April Fool's Day too.

I will do my best to make the surprise night tonight. Not sure about tomorrow's race. The 7:45 is tough with the kids, but will do my best.

Glad to see some people interested in Surprise Night. If you attended the EU then it will be less of a surprise, but still hope to see you all for some laid back racing. I might open it early if people are around and free at 8ish?

I'll try to make the race/test tomorrow. It is all up to the boss.

TrackBound7
I will do my best to make the surprise night tonight. Not sure about tomorrow's race. The 7:45 is tough with the kids, but will do my best.

We'll shoot for 8 then, no problem. Hope to see some of you at surprise night!

Thanks for showing up for the surprise night. I had fun despite forgetting to change to Sport Soft or turn TC off, so I ran all but one race on Sport Hard with TC5. Looks like everyone has work the next day so in the future I'll open it as soon as I'm able. So 7:30 - 8:30 window

Thank you. That was some much needed racing fun for me. I just finished a PM to Johnny (he sent me 4 bibles worth of tuning tips), explaining how much I thoroughly enjoy running with this group. The changes are just adding to the fun and more opportunity to run some different cars and different event set ups all with the same great group of drivers. Glad we ran Spa tonight. I have not logged many laps at all there, picked up a lot from you guys when I wasn't making more than the usual mistakes.

I should bug Yuri for those tips I don't know my toe out from my negative camber.

Thanks for coming out and for the encouragement. It is nice to have a race where you can just go for it.

I had a really great time with the Surprise racing last night, thanks to RDAardvark and Menown for putting it on. I was able to participate in a couple races for both sessions and had great fun, everyone in the same car with no tuning and no practice really made for some close racing! Great selection on the cars too, that M3 is a treat to drive! I even managed to score a victory. :)

@Menown, 8:30 would be a much better time for me, I'd be able to get a solid hour of racing in. đź‘Ť

This was a great example of how we picture these lounges to be used. A bunch of us getting together on non-points nights for some random racing in different cars, just having a good time. We even had a few non-Capp members (kindly recruited by Rdvark) show up and they seemed to be great guys and good drivers. With permission from the founder of the Surprise Night format I'd really like this to become a weekly thing for our group and hopefully we can get more of the Fun Racers as regular members. đź‘Ť

Rdvark seems happy for me to make this a regular Monday event. I'll try to start it at 8 in the future, but I might be a little late depending on family obligations. The lobby was empty before 10:30, so starting early seems a sensible thing to do.

I think there was some talk during the race of a 350pp Comfort Soft Spot Race, I'd be down for that.

I did some Shuffle Races, so I ended up with RX7, 90s Supra, S2000, all on Comfort Softs. Just had to be easy on the throttle. After a while I was able to hold it just before it gets out of shape, but it wasn't all in line either. I could feel the car starting to spin, but not going, so it was just pushing the back round quickly. Grabbed a lot of podiums that night. It was a pub lobby though, so a lot of clueless drivers.

Comfort softs aren't bad. If one needs to learn throttle control - take your yellowbird on comfort hards to the ring and try doing a lap w/o crashing, lol. Once you can do it, any other car on any tires won't scare you again ;)

While I do enjoy me some 'surprise night' racing, can't help but wonder if Monday nights are better left for practice races once the TZ2 league starts?

While I do enjoy me some 'surprise night' racing, can't help but wonder if Monday nights are better left for practice races once the TZ2 league starts?

Probably a good idea. I've recently been notified that my poker night is moving from Wednesday to Thursday, so maybe after December we can do Surprise Wednesdays. It would make for a nice mid-week relaxer, relieve some stress after the Tuesday points race.

We could make Monday a semi-official Alfa practice night, anybody that's around can hop in the lounge for some testing. Since it will be in a dedicated lounge it wouldn't be dependent on me or a steward to host it, we could just have a standing free-practice session every Monday.

Thanks for the input. đź‘Ť

Just a reminder, we're going to be doing a mock race event tonight with the Alfa's at Daytona road course. I'll have the ORCA_Champ lounge open around 7:30pm EST and we'll start a qualifying session around 8. We'll do a double-header with the second race reversed grid. Not sure on the lap count yet, probably around 8-10 laps each race.

If you haven't sent a friend request yet to ORCA_Champ, please do so. I'll be logged into that account for the race so I can accept FR's, so you won't see my BrandonW77 ID online.

See you tonight in sunny Florida!

How long do you think the races will last tonight, Im itchen for some good racing, but I have to cut out at 9 sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back