Capp Cup v3.0 - SEASON 3 COMPLETE! DSGERBC CHAMP!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 1,699 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thing I ever drove was a Chevy LUV Truck, drove it down my buddies driveway and back (it was a long, twisty driveway). I've driven some interesting things: forklifts, small tractors, big tractors, a big grain truck, 3-wheelers, 4-wheelers, dirt bikes, boats, Bobcats, large box truck, RV, a giant corn combine (in the field, harvesting corn), I even held the controls of a small helicopter (while in flight) for a minute. :)

LancerEvo7
I learned to drive in a '93 Mercury Sable GS. Mine's white.

That was just last week, wasn't it? :sly:

Only thing I've ever driven was Karts back in England. Always managed to land girlfriends with cars, so I never had to learn. Not that I could afford it. No one in my family has ever driven, not my brother or my parents or my grand parents. None of them. Raised in poverty sadly, fight for every penny. (Cue violins)

Now I live in North America looks like I'll have to get a licence.

My first vehicle was a '91 GMC Safari people carrier, and it sure carried a lot of people in my high school days... It had 4 captains chairs, a 3rd row bench seat and a sliding door that made inappropriate acts all the more fun... lol

After that was stolen (can't imagine why), I had a Dodge Neon for a while, and the I bought my 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS, the first and only brand new car I've ever bought... 10 years and 184,000+ miles later, it still runs like a champ. I don't think I'll ever be able to part with it.

However, I spend the majority of my time these days either driving, or riding in the back of ambulances. Lights & Sirens is definitely the best way to go anywhere! :sly:

My first car was a lada samara (the one that looked a wee bit like a car)

went reasonably fast...downhill!

My first car was a lada samara
Many comrades from Togliatti gave their lives to produce that car for you...
:)
Seriously though, horrible as they were, Ladas back in mother Russia were even worse. Re-exports had a serious price premium.

Last edited:
Haha Jack explains why your so slow :sly:. If you learn in a crappy slow russian box and never, no matter how hard you try, go fast anywhere youll never learn what speed is :P. Also you being from Fife I cant imagine how it made it up any of those hills :lol:.

My Swift was the 2007 1.5 version and there is this nice uphill strech of 60 mph road which my instructor let me or rather told me to basicly rev the hell out of it and the noise was epic :drool:.

My car now a trusty little 1.25 Zetec Fiesta :D.

Edit: My car :D
012-2.jpg

What I hope to try in a couple years time :D ... So watch out Jack ill be tearing up Fife and Knockhill soon enough :P
Scottish-XR2--STs-2010-DVD.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly none of us are likely to ever drive an Alfa TZ2 since there were only about a dozen ever made. :(

But, we can "drive" one in our living rooms! I'll have the ORCA_Champ lounge open shortly, just waiting in Bob to finish putting some miles in my 54 Merc. It's lap 4 of 6 and he's 11 out of 12........I think he's been drinking.

StigsHero
Sadly none of us are likely to ever drive an Alfa TZ2 since there were only about a dozen ever made. :(

But, we can "drive" one in our living rooms! I'll have the ORCA_Champ lounge open shortly, just waiting in Bob to finish putting some miles in my 54 Merc. It's lap 4 of 6 and he's 11 out of 12........I think he's been drinking.

Edit: If anybody wants to they can go ahead and open the lounge up, presuming they're "friends”

Double Edit: D'oh!!

Lol Brandon I think it is you who is drunk :lol:.

Edit: Typical I just put my wheel away :lol:.

Yeah, yeah. :dunce:

The ORCA_Champ lounge is open for its first Alfa run! Let's see how this thing works out. I am logged in under the ORCA ID so I can accept your Friend Requests if you haven't added it.

I just accepted about a half dozen, I'll keep monitoring this thread in case there are any questions. 👍

Last edited:
Had a ball coming in last place tonight. Thanks for the laughs. Breaking in the car with Bob right now... I doubt it'll do much good, but it will help some at least with the top end. I'll have to work on the random spin outs later... :D

Couple of pics of tonights action from the final lap at Spa:

circuitdespafrancorchamea.jpg
Near the end of Kemmel Straight last lap​

circuitdespafrancorchamr.jpg
Entering Les Combes last lap​

circuitdespafrancorchamo.jpg

I'm probably the last person to find the kart track hidden in the infield at Spa

Johnnypenso
Couple of pics of tonights action from the final lap at Spa:

Near the end of Kemmel Straight last lap

Entering Les Combes last lap

The only time I was up front the entire evening... :dopey:

I saved the replay from Monza, three wide all the way down the start/finish straight. Should make a good picture.

Monza without chicanes was interesting. You really have to nail the corners to keep the speed up on the straights. With the grass and sand traps lurking to suck in any wayward drivers accuracy will be at a premium as of course will the draft. Boo chicanes..:yuck:

Johnnypenso
Monza without chicanes was interesting. You really have to nail the corners to keep the speed up on the straights. With the grass and sand traps lurking to suck in any wayward drivers accuracy will be at a premium as of course will the draft. Boo chicanes..:yuck:

We're you hitting the limiter in the draft?

Yeah we were bouncing off the limiter before turn 1. I put a wheel on the grass there and collected JP in the inevitable mega spin at 120 mph :)

How to make Santa swear:

Dear Santa,
Please can I have one of these for Xmas?
But can you make it PS3 compatible?
Thank-you.

I bet you either swore or said 'how much'?

The ORCA_Champ lounge is open for Alfa practice. I am logged into the account so if you send a friend request I can accept it. If we get a good number of people I'd like to do a decent length race at Daytona Road for more draft testing.

*CLOSED*

Man, that was FUN!!!

Last edited:
Crap I missed it and now I have to head out. I do recall from our weeknight session at Daytona that DSG and I did draft several times in the two sectors on the big track and I don't believe we ever hit the rev limiter. Hopefully you had a chance to test it today.

StigsHero
Man, that was FUN!!!

Definitely some great racing today! I can't wait to run the Alfa with a full field on the track, it's gonna be crazy!!!

Today was my first day in the infamous Alfa, very enjoyable car. After the gathering I turned Bob loose on it to break it in good and then picked our some new wheels and colors...

picture.php

Blind829
Today was my first day in the infamous Alfa, very enjoyable car. After the gathering I turned Bob loose on it to break it in good and then picked our some new wheels and colors...

So did it live up to the hype? :)

I'd like to get a good group together tomorrow (Tuesday, Dec. 6) at our normal time (7:45pm EST) to try a mock race at Daytona so we can really test the draft. I still have my concerns that we may be hitting the rev limiter too much. We will do an actual qualifying session and two 8-10 lap races (second with reverse grid). Let me know if you'll be able to make it so I can plan accordingly. Ideally I'd like to have 8-10 of us.

Also, I just noticed that our :) have Santa hats for the holidays. :dopey: How festive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back