Cars You're Tired of Seeing

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 243 comments
Smart Fortwos here are everywhere and I'm really tired of seeing them; it doesn't help the fact that I hate them with a passion.

2013- Volkswagen Golf GTI

Can't believe I'm putting a sporty car in this thread, but I am. The Mk. VII Golf (in USA, at least) must be the only car in history in which the performance variant is a much more common sight than the regular car! Where I live, these are everywhere, definitely the most common sporty car, and sadly driven by the worst type of drivers: people who drive these often cut you off, not use their turn signals, and go far above the speed limit, many of which are "bros". That being said, I don't dislike the new GTI, it certainly isn't a bad car by any means and rather good looking, but I see so many that they become stale.
GTIs and Subaru WRXs are all over the place, for sure. They have become so common that they are no longer special. I like the cars (I want a WRX, my brother has a new GTI), but they are definitely common.

However, the top of the line models, the VW Golf R and Subaru STI are still quite rare to see.

The problem is not the car; it's the toxic, borderline cultists, self-entitled douches behind the wheel.
I could be wrong, but I think most people driving a tesla are driving them because of the subsidies. Add the competition being behind on the battery tech and what you get is almost every car you see being a model 3.

aabxfols9hg51.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2009b523-c44f-4b4e-8e18-b83170ae96dd-jpeg.88095

Strangely, tricked-out pickups like those seem to be relatively common in NJ.
I don't mind modified trucks in general but its always the lifted and widely spaced trucks with rubberband tires and gaudy 20" rims that always tailgate you. Those tend to be really common here.

Last edited:
However, the top of the line models, the VW Golf R and Subaru STI are still quite rare to see.

That's because Colorado has a near monopoly on the STI. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the Pacific Northwest has half of that monopoly. Not even exaggerating, I see at least a couple a day, as much as I drive. I've seen a fair amount of Rs here as well, though nowhere near as much. I actually almost bought a WRX wagon back when I got my RSX, but the dealership I went to wouldn't let me test drive because I didn't first go get pre-approved for the loan. I'm glad it worked out that way, because as much as I love them these are the cars I'm most annoyed at seeing... and hearing.

WRXs/STIs, and the obligatory crossover & SUV crowd. The lifted truck guys I just feel sad for because I know they don't get used off road unless to splash through a muddy field. They're too big to fit on the trails. Don't get me started on those pictured above with the low-profile tires.

Last edited:
Ugh...bro dozers. I work a couple of doors down from a gym. I would say, on average, 75% of the vehicles I see pull into and out of the parking lot there are massive, lifted, loud, smelly pickups.

Nissan Juke. Most hideous-looking abomination ever foisted onto the roads!

And regarding those lifted pickup trucks... what percentage of those morons actually think about getting the headlights fixed so they're properly aimed? Oh, wait, they don't care. These are the same guys who run the offroad trillion-candlepower LED bars on the street!

The Brodozer epidemic is so bad where I live I am beginning to pretend they are NPC trucks spawning in just to annoy everyone else.

Remember when compacts had those wheels that stick out like those on the trucks above, but they were tiny little wheels? Those sucked, too, just as bad as the stick-way-out wheels on these pickups. At least the pickups don't run 12-inch wheels...

Remember when compacts had those wheels that stick out like those on the trucks above, but they were tiny little wheels? Those sucked, too, just as bad as the stick-way-out wheels on these pickups. At least the pickups don't run 12-inch wheels...
Do you mean something like this?
upload_2021-5-8_21-59-38.jpeg

Not quite. Make the wheels smaller, with very low-profile tires, and stick them out at least far enough to put the center of the tread at the outside of that fender flare.

I don't know what they called that, and I can't find any pictures, but they were EVERYWHERE in the late 80s early 90s. Basically, find wheels slightly smaller than stock, put 30s or 40s on them, and THICK spacers, like 6 inches or more, to put those wheels nearly outboard of the body. The fender had to be along the inner half of the tread, like those trucks above. Imagine those trucks as not lifted, riding on 13s positioned the way those 22s are.

It was most frequently a VW scene thing. You mean like this?

IMG_6311-2.jpg

That makes more sense. I was confused wondering what was offensive about OEM 12-14 inch wheels + tires.

I'm getting tired of seeing the newer Muscle car generation in general. I used to enjoy driving my GTO around, now I rarely take it out. It always seems some wild Mustang etc... has to appear and try to goad me into a race. I tend to be driving my pickup more and more just to avoid it. Maybe it's me getting older, I never was one to actively look for races on public streets even in my younger years though. I have just about decided I'm going to sell the car, or use the LS1 and T56 in something else, because the Car is not exactly pristine anyway.

That's pretty close, but the cars weren't lowered. Just take a stock car, put tiny, wide wheels on it, set them way out with huge spacers, and do nothing else. Take those bro-dozers and scale it down to a Civic, and that's close to the look.

What, am I the only old guy here? :lol:

Last edited:
That's pretty close, but the cars weren't lowered. Just take a stock car, put tiny, wide wheels on it, set them way out with huge spacers, and do nothing else. Take those bro-dozers and scale it down to a Civic, and that's close to the look.

What, am I the only old guy here? :lol:

The one trend I vaguely remember that reminds me of what you're talking were these "mini-lowriders" that were around California in the early 90s

Not quite. Make the wheels smaller, with very low-profile tires, and stick them out at least far enough to put the center of the tread at the outside of that fender flare.

Ahh, Mexiflush.

iOyLQR4.jpg

ricer2qk.jpg

5kwc6f13x3221.jpg

Latest Posts

Back