Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I didn't quite get the finish I was hoping for, but I had a blast racing today. I think alot of the aftermath drama is just a result of an extremely long and exhausting race. This is exactly the kind of stuff that happens week to week in IRL Nascar. Each week those guys get upset over some bad decisions or just plain bad luck, we really gotta let it go and try to learn from mistakes, and hope that next race works out better. All in all, great racing tonight, looking forward to Indy.

Those that got disconnected or parked still get points, with their position determined by total laps completed. Dowhat13 will be awarded 12th place, since he showed up to race, but disconnected from the lobby right before the start. I don't know if Chqr or MÜLE_9242 got 9th or 10th, but I'm pretty sure Furinkazen quit early enough to fall down to 11th. I'll have final results and championship standings updated tomorrow, after I count all the laps led for the race.

MÜLE_9242;6156180
Well, I didn't have the best race, but oh well. Nothing I could do about it.

Got caught up in the lap 6 crash, which made me lose the draft. Then I spun out around lap 20 while drafted with DBuck and someone else. Decided to hop into the pits, but didn't get slowed down enough and was slapped with a drive through. Thet pretty much ended my race right there.

I'll see if I can come next week, too.

Lap 6 was my bad, sorry mule and everyone else.

Nice run drop, acdc. They were only ones who made it on just 3 stops, thats why they finished 1-2. Not really any fancy teamwork there.

homeslice, I want to thank you for setting an example in how it's possible to help other drivers without impeding the rest of the guys. You never once helped me or ACDC with a draft or a push, but you also never ran us off of our line or crowded us into the wall. You repeatedly dropped back and picked up a driver that was racing alone, helping them and hurting no one else. Thank you for doing it the right way.

Chqr defenetly finished ahead of Mule cause when I came in to have a look mule was out and Chqr was in.:)

An interesting race to say the least, a couple of people were driving like John Wes Townley but otherwise it was a clean and fun event. I certainly had a better car than 4th but luck bites you sometimes at Daytona. Had fun drafting with Mudd and Knelly and the opening laps working with Droptop were a blast as well. Lets try to keep the pack together next time we head down to the 2.5 mile Beast of East Florida :D

Chqr defenetly finished ahead of Mule cause when I came in to have a look mule was out and Chqr was in.:)

So that means the race should have finished as so:

Droptop2001gt - #88 Chevy (+20 points for Hendrick, +9 points for Chevy)
ACDCROCKS123 - #48 Chevy (+18 points for Hendrick)
DBUCKEYES - #99 Ford (+16 points for Ford Racing, +6 points for Ford)
M-Stall41 - #24 Chevy
Knelly - #18 Toyota (+12 points for Joe Gibbs, +4 points for Toyota)
Mudd - #14 Chevy (+11 points for Stewart-Ganassi)
CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - #83 Toyota (+10 points for Red Bull)
homeslice47 - #43 Ford (+9 points for Ford Racing)
Chqr - #83 Toyota (+8 points for Red Bull)
MÜLE_9242 - #42 Chevy (+7 points for Stewart-Ganassi)
Furinkazen - #20 Toyota (+6 points for Joe Gibbs)
dowhat13 - #83 Toyota

Manufacturer's Championship:

Chevy - 9 points
Ford - 6 points
Toyota - 4 points

Owner's Championship:

Hendrick Motorsports - 38 points
Ford Racing - 25 points
Joe Gibbs Racing - 18 points
Stewart-Ganassi Racing - 18 points
Red Bull Racing - 18 points

That was some real fun racing. After last week in the shootout I decided to hang back a little in the draft and ended up in trouble anyway. Made some mistakes and got caught up in a few. But after three spins and a couple of good saves, I managed a third place finish.

Thanks to my team mate homeslice whose help made it possible to get back on the lead lap for a good finish.

Well done everyone!

My race was ruined early on, I got through the early wreck and was hanging off the lead pack, but decided to drop back for Crazy who I had plans on working with with, and I never managed to catch back up to the lead pack for the entire race.

I was the only other person I think (other than Drop and ACDC) who managed a three stop strategy. If I decided to run up front with them after the big one there would have been three of us at the line.

I got up into the wall once about two thirds in but saved it and kept the draft of Mudd.

I had a spin early in the last segment with Mudd (no ones fault, just one of those things) and that ruined my tyres but I could have nursed them home for third. However, after warning someone four or five times to stop pushing me me, they continued to do so, even though being a number of laps down, while I was fighting for places with M-Stall and DBuck, and finally spun me by pushing me into the corner with 4 laps to go. That sickened me to be honest and ruined my chance for third.

Some great work by Chqr (and we were 3 seconds of the leaders - closest I got - till he got disconnected), thanks mate but was so gutted when you dropped off, you almost got me back there.

Mudd and M-Stall, some fantastic three pushing into and out the corners to make up time (killing my tyres though).

Homeslice, nice work with others to get them back up to cars in front.

Well done to Drop and ACDC, should have been running with you.

Always great to run a 500 but with both getting unlucky, and strategies not working, I got quite frustrated at times.

Roll on Indy 👍

FYI, we need to keep a good eye on qualifying until the rolling start bug is fixed. I put up the fastest time at 48.921, and still started last on the grid, despite never leaving the track. I know homeslice47 and acdcrocks123 both got in the 48's, and their starting positions were also seemingly random.

Very good point, but is it just an excuse to remind everyone that you got pole :sly:

I was 3 tenths off with a full tank and 4 laps.

Not one extra point for me last night :grumpy:

Also, another reminder, daylight savings time has ended here in the US as of this morning. So, the races again start at 5pm EST/10pm GMT on Saturdays, with qualifying opening no later than 4pm/9pm.

Start times have been updated in the original post.

I also had the 'three-pit' strategy working, but a little bit of sideways sliding wore my rears out about four laps too soon. I did manage to squeeze 52 laps off the last run, but the right rear turned into a red sliver so I was forced to pit with four to go. At least Knelly shared the same tire wear luck, and we were able to battle it out for the last few laps.

I felt kinda bad as wrecks always seemed to happen about 5 metres behind me... I didn't ruin anyone's race did I?

Except for the fact that the only car that knew he wasn't finishing the race was the only car that was able to keep his fenders clean...no, you didn't bother anyone.:sly:

No u didn't furi but I did, so i dk if ill race with u guys anymore as it seems like no one probably wants me here. In my defense I had a 3 stop strategy that turned into 4 because of DBuckeyes. I was only pushin so I could get a lap back but noone wanted any. And I was pissn drop n acdc off to help my allies gain ground but they didn't even take advantage of it. IMO its daytona, **** happens n now everyone is acting like its not NASCAR. And btw with all these championships embedded into this series, u didn't think it would get a little dirty when it came down to it. Well sorry to all n I'm pist off too so maybe I c u next week or not. Also in my defense I never pitted the leaders even with all the opportunity I still held back. And it doesn't show I suck, it shows that I'm good with messin with others on track at about 2 hours into a race.

I decided early on to run with the 88 and 24, thought I'd stretch them a little bit.

kenkwilinski
No u didn't furi but I did, so i dk if ill race with u guys anymore as it seems like no one probably wants me here. In my defense I had a 3 stop strategy that turned into 4 because of DBuckeyes. I was only pushin so I could get a lap back but noone wanted any. And I was pissn drop n acdc off to help my allies gain ground but they didn't even take advantage of it. IMO its daytona, **** happens n now everyone is acting like its not NASCAR. And btw with all these championships embedded into this series, u didn't think it would get a little dirty when it came down to it. Well sorry to all n I'm pist off too so maybe I c u next week or not. Also in my defense I never pitted the leaders even with all the opportunity I still held back. And it doesn't show I suck, it shows that I'm good with messin with others on track at about 2 hours into a race.

I would be glad to have you back for the rest of the season, as long as you are willing to race clean again, like you have in every other race I've seen you in before yesterday. You and I worked great together in the first season of the truck series, frequently pairing up to gap the field at Daytona and Indy. I know you're easily more capable than what I saw last night.

I have no problem with any driver trying to help a fellow team member, another guy in the same car make, or just a friend on track. This is what you're supposed to do, especially at Daytona.

I have no problem with any driver refusing to help another driver because of his team or manufacturer affiliation. That's just part of team racing.

I just need everyone to understand that you have to help guys (bump or provide a trail draft), or not help guys (don't push them, don't let them have your draft).

It's simply not acceptable to intentionally hinder other cars (brake-checking, swerving around in front of, or forcing in to the wall or apron). This is still a league based at GTPlanet, after all.

MrMulsanne
I got a pt or two for leading a few laps did I not?

I haven't counted the laps led yet. You'll see the final drivers standings posted once I have done so. Thank you PD for adding rewind and fast forward to replays.

MrMulsanne
wrecks always seemed to happen about 5 metres behind me...

Can't think of a better place for wrecks to occur at Daytona...

Last edited:
Ok ill play nice again like usual, I just had my race ruined somewhere after lap 80 and still thought I had a shot at lead lap again but it wasn't till after lap 150 something that I decided to get funky with drop n acdc bc they were going to make a third lap on me n I was tryin to save my race at that point since I was behind no one. Frustration got the best of me. And I was doin that lap after lap bc I thought they other drivers would eventually caught u n then b able to keep a pack behind u forcin u two to pit again giving them n I an advanatge to get back on lead lap but that didn't work n itws dirty, my bad. Ill behave. And knelly on lap 190 something we weren't even touching seconds before your spin out. I do agree I was pushin u bc I thought I could help u take off n gain some time for the remainder. But I will say I prob wore ur tires out which is all the reason y u should have let me push u past them bc u had to pit anyways at the end with mudd. Overall this race left a bad taste in my mouth n I don't feel like I can help anyone on track other than myself. Either I need a real teammate that can push hard n roll with the punches or maybe just a better internet connection. I don't think I lag but occassionally something drastic happens under lag conditions.

Holding anyone up when you're a lap or more down is just simply classless and inexcusable.

Also:

AUP
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Crazy, if you can get chqr and dowhat13 together for the next daytona race, you should be fine. You can't really rely on just one guy at daytona anyway. M-Stall41 and I worked well together early in the race, while acdcrocks123 was caught up in the early accident. At another point, I was drafting with furinkazen, then later buckeyes. It took probably 100 laps before acdcrocks123 and I finally found each other on track. Sometimes, you just have to make a friend, team member or not, to get back up with your originally planned partner.

Crazy, if you can get chqr and dowhat13 together for the next daytona race, you should be fine. You can't really rely on just one guy at daytona anyway. M-Stall41 and I worked well together early in the race, while acdcrocks123 was caught up in the early accident. At another point, I was drafting with furinkazen, then later buckeyes. It took probably 100 laps before acdcrocks123 and I finally found each other on track. Sometimes, you just have to make a friend, team member or not, to get back up with your originally planned partner.

Actually from I think you were trying to test how tough my #20 was before it would spin out.... :odd:

MrMulsanne
Actually from I think you were trying to test how tough my #20 was before it would spin out.... :odd:

I was just trying to lead as many laps as possible, in hopes of scoring one extra bonus point. When I would slingshot to the high line (the most polite way to pass) coming out of turn four and get squeezed up to the wall, I would just put a little scuff on your door to let you know I was up there. Had you stayed in any of the bottom three lanes, you would have never been touched.

I was just trying to lead as many laps as possible, in hopes of scoring one extra bonus point. When I would slingshot to the high line coming out of turn four and get squeezed up to the wall, I would just put a little scuff on your door to let you know I was up there. Had you stayed in any of the bottom three lanes, you would have never been touched.

So was I, and also.... well I was breaking you Hendrick boys up wasn't I? And I think it was more a case of Hendrick think they own the place :lol: .

And thanks to Buckeyes #99, he's a good pusher as well.

MrMulsanne
So was I, and also.... well I was breaking you Hendrick boys up wasn't I? And I think it was more a case of Hendrick think they own the place :lol: .

And thanks to Buckeyes #99, he's a good pusher as well.

I didn't really understand why you kept trying to get between us instead of following (saving fuel/tires), pushing (increasing our lead), or passing (increasing your points), but I figured you must have had a reason to want in the middle of a Hendrick sandwich.

I didn't really understand why you kept trying to get between us instead of following (saving fuel/tires), pushing (increasing our lead), or passing (increasing your points), but I figured you must have had a reason to want in the middle of a Hendrick sandwich.

Needed to see who I could run with and who I could not for later races didn't I?

Also why save fuel and tyres when you know your parking it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back