Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
JakobNascar88
:( :( I MISS THE DAYTONA 500!!! :( :(

is there going to be a nascar season 3?

Sure, but there are still 720 more laps to be run this season. Just be ready for the next race. Missing only one race doesn't have to keep you out of the Chase. Show up to the rest of the races and run strong, and you can still make the Chase and compete for the championship in the last five races.

EDIT - I'm also considering adding up to two wild card slots to the Chase field, meaning the field could be anywhere from 8 to 10 drivers deep.

Getting a wild card slot would require winning a race in the first seven events, and require starting five events or more. Like the real Sprint Cup series, wild card drivers would not get the three bonus points for their win, but they would still have a chance at the driver's championship.

Last edited:
MustangRyan
Sure, but there are still 720 more laps to be run this season. Just be ready for the next race. Missing only one race doesn't have to keep you out of the Chase. Show up to the rest of the races and run strong, and you can still make the Chase and compete for the championship in the last five races.

EDIT - I'm also considering adding up to two wild card slots to the Chase field, meaning the field could be anywhere from 8 to 10 drivers deep.

Getting a wild card slot would require winning a race in the first seven events, and require starting five events or more. Like the real Sprint Cup series, wild card drivers would not get the three bonus points for their win, but they would still have a chance at the driver's championship.

Sounds fair.

Couple of general questions about league procedure since I'm still a bit new to this league.

-Is there any method of qualifying ot knockouts if more than 16 drivers show up?

-If I invite a few of my buddies to join, will they be shut out if 16 show up since they are non team-affiliated?

Drop, I would like to apply to run the 2011 Joe Gibbs Racing #20 HOME DEPOT Toyota Camry full time for the rest of the season. I believe I can do it.

Last edited:
SUfan21
Couple of general questions about league procedure since I'm still a bit new to this league.

-Is there any method of qualifying ot knockouts if more than 16 drivers show up?

-If I invite a few of my buddies to join, will they be shut out if 16 show up since they are non team-affiliated?

While having 16+ has not yet been an issue, I think I would start by politely asking anyone that was planning to start-and-park to leave, so that someone trying to compete for the whole race could enter. I would be willing to grant the exiting driver one point for last place, and credit them for a start, should they try to qualify for a wild card slot.

After that, if we still had more people trying to enter, I would probably grant entrance to the sixteen drivers with the most points, without removing a committed full time driver from his own seat. Once again, exiting drivers are credited with one point and a start.

If your friends show up, they race as reserve drivers, filling in for a full-time driver's team seat that missed a race. Full time drivers that continue to miss races can be removed, and replaced by reserve drivers that are more willing to show up on race day.
Just because you don't have a guaranteed seat this week doesn't mean that you won't have one two weeks from now. Seats will open as drivers continue to no-show.

I'm currently toying with the idea to give each team an individual owner, to be assigned to the highest finisher in last season's point standings from each team. That would make RFLX, Knelly, Homeslice47, Crazybassist83, and Mudd the five team owners for this season. They would have more say over recruiting new drivers to their team, and replacing drivers that are missing races.

Thoughts?

If everyone goes to bed early enough, I'll come a run some laps. Probably won't happen though.

MrMulsanne
Drop, I would like to apply to run the 2011 Joe Gibbs Racing #20 HOME DEPOT Toyota Camry full time for the rest of the season. I believe I can do it.

You might need to check with the new team owner. Word is he's trying to recruit a few drivers for a full time seat in the 20, and maybe have a backup ready in case mrredsox2542 doesn't reappear soon for the 11 car.

I am happy to announce that I am on the verge of a deal to drive for Joe Gibbs Racing full time this season in the #11 or #20.

I am happy to announce that I am on the verge of a deal to drive for Joe Gibbs Racing full time this season in the #11 or #20.

Can we expect a press release from Coach Knelly Gibbs?

I definitly like the team owner idea. I will be promoting dowhat for indy next week. Officially n chqr is still welcome to race with red bull!

kenkwilinski
I definitly like the team owner idea. I will be promoting dowhat for indy next week. Officially n chqr is still welcome to race with red bull!

I'm not in favor of removing drivers that are showing up every week from their seats. Dowhat13 is welcome to run a third red bull car as long as the other four teams have at least two drivers in the race.

At the end of the season, the points champion will get first pick of which team he would like to own for season three. If the driver wishes to simply drive for a team and not own it, he can select another willing full-time driver to be the team owner for whom he will drive.
Example: If Knelly wins the season two title and wants to drive for team Hendrick, but doesn't want to be the team owner, he can claim the rights to the Hendrick team, but name another willing full-time driver as the new owner for season three.

The points runner-up can then elect to take ownership of a different team, or apply to drive for the team that is already owned.

We will go down through the final points standings until all five teams are owned by full time drivers. The five new owners will be responsible for filling the rest of the empty full time seats on their team starting in season three.

Team ownership will then be transferred in the same manner at the end of each subsequent season.

Remember that when we get enough full time drivers, there are only 15 different cars available across the five teams, with 4 each at Hendrick and Gibbs, 3 at Ford Racing and 2 each at Red Bull and Stewart-Ganassi. A 16th entry would have to drive a duplicate car for one of the two-car teams.

If we have too hard of a time filling the seat of the Gamestop #20 car, Gibbs might be lowered to a three car team, with Red Bull and Stewart-Ganassi both picking up a third seat for each race using duplicate cars. That would give us one four car team, and four three car teams, for a total of 16 seats per race.

At the end of the season, the points champion will get first pick of which team he would like to own for season three. If the driver wishes to simply drive for a team and not own it, he can select another willing full-time driver to be the team owner for whom he will drive.
Reality: When Knelly wins the season two title and wants to drive for team Hendrick, but doesn't want to be the team owner, he can claim the rights to the Hendrick team, but name another willing full-time driver as the new owner for season three.

The points runner-up can then elect to take ownership of a different team, or apply to drive for the team that is already owned.

We will go down through the final points standings until all five teams are owned by full time drivers. The five new owners will be responsible for filling the rest of the empty full time seats on their team starting in season three.

Team ownership will then be transferred in the same manner at the end of each subsequent season.

Remember that when we get enough full time drivers, there are only 15 different cars available across the five teams, with 4 each at Hendrick and Gibbs, 3 at Ford Racing and 2 each at Red Bull and Stewart-Ganassi. A 16th entry would have to drive a duplicate car for one of the two-car teams.

If we have too hard of a time filling the seat of the Gamestop #20 car, Gibbs might be lowered to a three car team, with Red Bull and Stewart-Ganassi both picking up a third seat for each race using duplicate cars. That would give us one four car team, and four three car teams, for a total of 16 seats per race.

Fixed ^

On a serious note, other than Drop, does anybody actually possess a #20 Gamestop car?

Fixed ^

On a serious note, other than Drop, does anybody actually possess a #20 Gamestop car?

It was some US promotion car right? I've never come across one online or otherwise :rolleyes:

It was a USA DLC promotion that required preordering your copy of GT5 at a GameStop store. I "preordered" my copy the night before the game launch, just to get the car.

Ok , I understand how team owners will be picked for next season. But are there still owners in this season, being me, mudd, knelly and rflx?

JakobNascar88
You didn't update the standings.

Correct. I haven't finished counting all of the laps led yet. Watching back 200 laps and scoring the leader each time by takes a little while. I'm going to try to finish tonight. I am done with the first 85 laps so far.

kenkwilinski
Ok , I understand how team owners will be picked for next season. But are there still owners in this season, being me, mudd, knelly and rflx?

And homeslice47, yes. You are the current team owners for this season.

It is with deep regret I will have to pull out this year's Nascar Season. Thank you Ryan for offering me a full-time ride and I apologise to let you down on this one. For a variety of personal reasons, there will be no chance of me participating in any race this season. Its not just a NASCAR thing but for all the series I run in. Things have caught up with me and I have to sadly give up GTP online racing just for 2011 with a comeback hopefully for Season 3.

I can't wait for Season 3 and I like this idea of writing applications to team owners if indeed we are overbooked for full-time rides like this season.

Sorry, crazy but looking down that list of reserve drivers, I'm sure I won't be missed as the field is really competitive anyway.

Thank you guys, see you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back