Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, HSR is mine and I plan on getting that win after losing it cause of 2 spins last season, also, as I just love spreading this video around the forum, I'm going to put it here aswell.

:sly:

Can't remember if I mentioned it the other day, but Akmuq is filling in as replacement driver for the #18 at HSR. We have been in discussions and Akmuq has willingly accepted that he will be driving on behalf of myself that weekend.

Many thanks mate, and good luck 👍

What was the qualifying pole time at daytona? The record for fastest in-race lap at the Daytona 250 goes to DoWhat13 for pulling a 46.325! This time was very close by a few hundreths between 3 drivers. But by lap 100 DoWhat13 held his record over all others!

I have the replays of every race for this season, if you want me to go back and dig out every race's fastest lap. All of last season's replays were lost when my 60GB PS3 crapped out a few months ago.

I have the replays of every race for this season, if you want me to go back and dig out every race's fastest lap. All of last season's replays were lost when my 60GB PS3 crapped out a few months ago.

I have S1's that I was in and all S2's. I even have some S1 Pole times, whether my own or not. Gimme some time to sort out.

Yea go back to each replay. Go to last lap of the race and pause it. Then go to watch race and look at all the times. Remember to check out drivers who dropped out after a few laps or got disconnected. You will need to figure out their last lap. So you won't disclude anyone.

Also, if someone could take a snapshot of the qualifying times before race in watch race menu. And then post that pic in this thread. This way we have a record of qualifying times.

Last edited:
Here are the fastest laps from each of the 8 points races this season:

1. CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - 46.300 - Lap 170/200 - Running 7th

2. Knelly - 49.754 - Lap 39/60 - Running 8th

3. M-Stall41 - 1:40.537 - Lap 22/30 - Running 2nd

4. Jakob_Nascar88 - 46.440 - Lap 3/50 - Running 7th

5. mustardaddict - 3:45.745 - Lap 10/10 - Running 2nd

6. Furinkazen - 49.755 - Lap 6/40 - Running 3rd

7. JoeOfTheFire - 49.683 - Lap 2/40 - Running 1st

8. dowhat13 - 46.325 - Lap 52/100 - Running 10th

No records from season one will be needed, as season one ran with strong slipstream, the only option available at the time. Since all races this season and going forward will use weak slipstream, only these race records should count.

Personally, I would rather see us use qualifying times as official track records. Most all of these records were simply set by the person that got the biggest draft off of people bump-drafting about 10-20 car lengths in front of them. The only non-draft-assisted fastest laps were set in race 5 and 7.

Personally, I would rather see us use qualifying times as official track records. Most all of these records were simply set by the person that got the biggest draft off of people bump-drafting about 10-20 car lengths in front of them. The only non-draft-assisted fastest laps were set in race 5 and 7.

Well IRL they use both times but Qualifying Record is the most talked about one. We will use both, but Qualifying Records will be the most prestigious to beat and the most talked about as it will be a benchmark in everyone's practice/testing.

Just keep track of both from now on. Anyone who remembers to grab the times in qualifying, just do it and post them here please. As I said before a snapshot from "Watch Race" is the best way, as there is no biased(cheating). Yes I know the qualifying system is broken in the game as of now, but it does list the correct times for each driver.

If anyone has the pole times written down somewhere, we really only need the times from week 3 to week 8 of this season, when the new qualification rules went into effect. We're not going to compare someone's 48th lap in a 60-minute session to someone else's 7th lap in a 15 minute session.

If anyone has the pole times written down somewhere, we really only need the times from week 3 to week 8 of this season, when the new qualification rules went into effect. We're not going to compare someone's 48th lap in a 60-minute session to someone else's 7th lap in a 15 minute session.

If we can't get these times down. Do we go with Niop's Pole From Chase Race #1 and start from there with this? At least we can be somewhat consistant and get all the times from the Chase.

Oh Yea, I have bragging rights now. I have the Record for Fastest Lap In-Race at Daytona with a 46.300!!

Knelly
Ouch :eek:

Damm, wish there was room in my Sig to say All Time Career Chase Win Leader :sly:

I noticed its already in your PSN sig. Let's see if you be first to be called '5-time'. :D

Ouch :eek:

Damm, wish there was room in my Sig to say All Time Career Chase Win Leader :sly:

I have a feeling you're going to have some company really soon in the two-wins-in-the-Chase department if Joe, homeslice, RFLX and ACDC all show up to Indy ready to go.

In fact, I'm going to go ahead and predict that after the next four races are over, someone will have at least three career Chase race victories.

Me and Homeslice seem pretty much identical for Indy. We got the exact same numbers and results from testing.

I'm also looking to continue being the only person to win at HSR.

Knelly: can you send the IndyCar SSRX settings that you said you would? >_>

Would everyone that has created an oval track to be considered for use in next season's Southern 500 please set the track to shared online, so I can check it out ASAP?

Ideally, it would be best if you also sent me a PM here with the track's name after it's set to shared, so I can go look for it and test it out.

Submissions:
M-Stall41 - Reno Intl Speedway
JoeOfTheFire - (Track name TBD)

EDIT - Here's the tentative season 3 schedule as of right now:

Preseason Exhibition: - Bud Shootout @ Daytona Superspeedway (40 laps)

01: Daytona 500 @ Daytona Superspeedway (200 laps)
02: Indianapolis Superspeedway (60 laps)
03: Monza - No Chicanes (30 laps)
04: Coca Cola 600 @ SS Route X (32 laps)*
05: Autumn Ring Mini/Cape Ring Inside/Madrid Mini/Created Short Track (# of Laps TBD)

GTP Sprint All-Star Weekend @ Daytona Superspeedway (20 lap open qualifier, 30 lap main, 10 lap finale)

06: Indianapolis Superspeedway (50 Laps)
07: Southern 300 @ Created Darlington (180 laps)
08: High Speed Ring (50 Laps)
09: SS Route X (10 laps)*
10: Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (160 Laps)

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------

11: Daytona 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway (100 laps)
12: Suzuka East (60 laps)
13: Coca Cola 300 @ SS Route X (16 laps)*
14: Daytona Superspeedway (80 Laps)
15: Brickyard 200 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (80 Laps)

*Note, you will have to purchase SS Route X to participate in these 3 races next season.

Last edited:
Would everyone that has created an oval track to be considered for use in next season's Southern 500 please set the track to shared online, so I can check it out ASAP?

Ideally, it would be best if you also sent me a PM here with the track's name after it's set to shared, so I can go look for it and test it out.

I have 2, but my preferred one has been online for a while now (Use full aero). If we go for it, I'll rename it. It's currently "Nascana 4" from when I made 4 or 5 tracks one night.

I just shared up a created 1.67 mile egg-shaped oval that could create a reasonable pseudo-replica of Darlington for our purposes. Check it out and see what you think (I know someone is going to love turns three and four).

We obviously can't do 500 miles at any track under 2.5 miles, but at 180 laps, a Southern 300 could still be a blast.

Yeah, I've got everyone's downloaded that told me about them. The Toscana tracks make me nervous because I'm afraid they will get very dark at night.

Yeah, I've got everyone's downloaded that told me about them. The Toscana tracks make me nervous because I'm afraid they will get very dark at night.

Just start them as early as possible with time change set to 1. With it on 1 it follows real time, so 1 minute at the track = 1 minute in real life.

I tried your track and it's good. The only thing I don't like is that turn 2 is tighter than turn 1 and you have to brake or lift off for it. (and it's clockwise rather than anticlockwise)

Nascana 3 is now online for you.

DrifterJoe
Just start them as early as possible with time change set to 1. With it on 1 it follows real time, so 1 minute at the track = 1 minute in real life.

I tried your track and it's good. The only thing I don't like is that turn 2 is tighter than turn 1 and you have to brake or lift off for it.

Nascana 3 is now online for you.

That is what I like about it. :) We have enough wide open courses already.

EDIT - Here's the tentative season 3 schedule as of right now:

Preseason Exhibition: - Bud Shootout @ Daytona Superspeedway (40 laps)

01: Daytona 500 @ Daytona Superspeedway (200 laps)
02: Indianapolis Superspeedway (60 laps x 2.5mi/lap = 150mi aka "Indy 150")
03: Monza - No Chicanes (30 laps)
04: Coca Cola 600 @ SS Route X (32 laps)*
05: Autumn Ring Mini/Cape Ring Inside/Madrid Mini/Created Short Track (# of Laps TBD)

GTP Sprint All-Star Weekend @ Daytona Superspeedway (20 lap open qualifier, 30 lap main, 10 lap finale)

06: Indianapolis Superspeedway (50 Laps x 2.5mi/lap = 125mi aka "Indy 125")
07: Southern 500 @ Custom Toscana Track (# of Laps TBD)
08: High Speed Ring (50 Laps x 2.5mi/lap = 125mi aka "HSR 125")
09: SS Route X (10 laps)*
10: Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (160 Laps)

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------

11: Daytona 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway (100 laps)
12: Suzuka East (60 laps)
13: Coca Cola 300 @ SS Route X (16 laps)*
14: Daytona Superspeedway (80 Laps x 2.5mi/lap = 200mi aka "Daytona 200"
15: Brickyard 200 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (80 Laps)

*Note, you will have to purchase SS Route X to participate in these 3 races next season.

I made some name changes you might want to consider.

If we can't get these times down. Do we go with Niop's Pole From Chase Race #1 and start from there with this? At least we can be somewhat consistant and get all the times from the Chase.

Oh Yea, I have bragging rights now. I have the Record for Fastest Lap In-Race at Daytona with a 46.300!!

Since there are bragging rights involved, i ran a 49.703 for the pole @ suzuka, but joe beat that during the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back