Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best finish this season for Stewart Ganassi, I like to think I'm somehow responsible :sly:

I think it'll be a lot closer next season when the owners can pick the drivers they really want to be team mates with.

Morning Drop, can you just make clear the scoring rules for drivers on the same points, just so all are clear. Is it Laps Lead, Chase Wins, Races Led, etc.

Nice.

We're going to use the same rule that the Sprint Cup employs. For any ties in points, the tie-breaker belongs to the driver with the most overall wins. If the drivers have the same number of wins, it then goes to the driver with the most runner-up finishes, then the most third-place finishes, etc, until a champion is crowned.

Link

As of right now, I would hold the tiebreaker over Knelly with both of us having a single win, and me holding a 1-0 advantage in 2nd place finishes. M-Stall41 holds the tiebreaker over homeslice47 with a 2-0 advantage in race victories.

Not a complaint, more of an observation, but is there a particular reason that the Brickyard race is 500 instead of 400? Just curious, really.

Only reason I noticed was because 'Brickyard 500' sounds funny when I say it out loud.

Last edited:
I just wanted to have two different 500 mile races, one to kick off the season, and the other to cap it off. It sounded more fun before the new tire wear model came around.

Tire wear will definately be tricky at Indy for both races there. I made great lap time improvements in the last two evenings, last night I ran first tire test and I literally spun at turn 2 of lap 25. That's cutting it a little close, gonna have to go back to work on it. That reminds me, the #42 car has an open seat for Indy this weekend if anyone's interested. It would be nice to do a couple laps together before the weekend.

Speaking of the Brickyard 500 I just noticed the date and I'll be out of town working at the Race and Performance Expo February 25 & 26. Kenny we'll talk tonight about a replacement driver.

Speaking of the Brickyard 500 I just noticed the date and I'll be out of town working at the Race and Performance Expo February 25 & 26. Kenny we'll talk tonight about a replacement driver.

Ok, I'll message a few guys to see if they can fill-in for you.

images

Here's your dessert :D

The humble pie worked. I will have to try some.

Tire wear will definately be tricky at Indy for both races there. I made great lap time improvements in the last two evenings, last night I ran first tire test and I literally spun at turn 2 of lap 25. That's cutting it a little close, gonna have to go back to work on it. That reminds me, the #42 car has an open seat for Indy this weekend if anyone's interested. It would be nice to do a couple laps together before the weekend.

Don't worry, I'm sure Furi will pit twice more than everyone :sly:.

homeslice47
The humble pie worked. I will have to try some.

I'll split it with ya....better yet, stick it in the fridge and maybe we can give it back after Indy. :D

Doubt I'll need it. My Chase Season 1 winning Indy setup, seems redundant now. I have lots of work to do, and no time to do it this week.

Updated with a fix to spot #3 of Chase Race #1. Also includes Race #2 & #3 Preview. Next week, I will have Race #4 Preview along with a new line of stats to incorporate into it.

Also, Droptop just surpassed RFLX_Niop with the most Career Top 3's. They were tied before going into the Chase Race #1. Droptop now has (11) Top 3's Overall Career!! And Droptop hit a career milestone of 304 Laps Led!!

Last edited:
Updated with a fix to spot #3 of Chase Race #1. Also includes Race #2 & #3 Preview. Next week, I will have Race #4 Preview along with a new line of stats to incorporate into it.

Also, Droptop just surpassed RFLX_Niop with the most Career Top 3's. They were tied before going into the Chase Race #1. Droptop now has (11) Top 3's Overall Career!! And Droptop hit a career milestone of 304 Laps Led!!

I have unfinished business at Indy.... going for a good finish and incident free race before I destroy you at HSR...

I have unfinished business at Indy.... going for a good finish and incident free race before I destroy you at HSR...

I have unfinished business at Indy too. I've only had one finish there, I was disconnected in the other races there. I also plan to destroy all at HSR just like last season.

As long as your not going three wide, or leaning into me in the corners or not punting me in the S-turns. Then please destroy us!!!......I can't think of any other way Furi can destroy us without literally doing it!

^:ouch:

Sounds like HSR is gonna be a good race, I feel that I may have something to offer the highlight reel for that track as well. :mischievous:

I'll leave the HSR talk till next week. As for this week, I plan on starting up front, leading the most laps, and winning. :-)

I'm good to go racing this weekend. Whether it be a replacement for the 42 or a supplementary driver to Red Bull or Stewart-Ganassi, I'd love to give it a go and add another race to my poor experience level.

My only ever GTP win came at Indy Speedway in the IndyCar Series where believe it or not, I used my 892 BHP Nascar Indy setup. :scared:

I'd would be great to race alongside you Mudd but I'm only free from 5.30pm to 7pm GMT Saturday to test. If you'd like to me to fill in, I'm game.

That reminds me, I've recently bought a 2010 #42 Nascar at 864 BHP and gave it an oil change. Now, would the car yield more BHP if I break in the Nascar to 892 BHP and reduce the power to 502 BHP for the event or would the car yield more BHP if I leave it and reduce the power to 502 BHP?

With the amount of limiter we are using, I don't think the break in HP really makes a difference. Your welcome to drive the #42 this weekend, if fact, that would be great just because I've raced with you before so the practice time isn't as big a deal as it would be with an unfamiliar driver. I will try to be on during the times you mentioned though.

I'll leave the HSR talk till next week. As for this week, I plan on starting up front, leading the most laps, and winning. :-)

Well you do have 2 poles at Indy(S1&S2) and the most career poles(8)!!! So chances are good for you!! And Knelly has one pole at Indy (S1) and he did win the Brickyard 200 in the Chase (S1). Can he carry this momentum or will Niop's reigning title be in jeopardy?

So I would like to see who wins this battle for pole and leading laps from both of you!!

I am back!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I was busy on school. Mudd you are doing great!!!!! I WISH I can help you!! But I can't.

Great win Knelly!

With the amount of limiter we are using, I don't think the break in HP really makes a difference. Your welcome to drive the #42 this weekend, if fact, that would be great just because I've raced with you before so the practice time isn't as big a deal as it would be with an unfamiliar driver. I will try to be on during the times you mentioned though.

Alrighty. Lovely jubbly. I've been clocking a few miles on my 2010 Nascars in various American lobbies at 892 BHP so I shouldn't be too rusty. I hope I can try and do Stewart-Ganassi and Jakob proud.

Listen, HSR is mine and I plan on getting that win after losing it cause of 2 spins last season, also, as I just love spreading this video around the forum, I'm going to put it here aswell.

:sly:

If I had to guess, I'd bet it was a headset microphone overload that started the fire. :P

Maybe they were three wide on the dyno :lol:

Listen, HSR is mine and I plan on getting that win after losing it cause of 2 spins last season, also, as I just love spreading this video around the forum, I'm going to put it here aswell.
:sly:

Yes another ringer, I love it! I was wondering when you would step from the shadows and onto the track!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back