Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your stuck for a driver I'll hop in (I know I haven't signed up or anything but it's just really if you need someone).. Can get whatever car I'd need and set it up decently 👍

I've got a card game tonight at 7pm. We need to start as absolutely close to 5pm as possible.

The race should take no longer than 80 minutes. 0.47s laps plus pits. Starting at 5:15 should see 6:35 finish?

Have I worked that out right?

The race will start at 5:15 on the dot.

I still have to put up the seat and wheel, then get out the card table, chairs, and chips. Plus, the game starts at 7pm, meaning most will be here by 6:45 or so.

I'll try make tonight, am I good to use #42 2010?

Edit: Won't make it.

Last edited:
Way to go Knelly! I'd much rather loose to you then some of these other hooligans! :D Two large lag-wrecks took a toll on the day, I managed to find both of them, but kept composure and rally'd back into the top 10. I can live with that. I also wanna thank TomMcD for filling in with the #42, nice job.

Way to go Knelly! I'd much rather loose to you then some of these other hooligans! :D Two large lag-wrecks took a toll on the day, I managed to find both of them, but kept composure and rally'd back into the top 10. I can live with that. I also wanna thank TomMcD for filling in with the #42, nice job.

You are the unluckiest guy on GTP fella! Well done pulling it back to a decent finish. And no worries mate, I'll fill in for you in the #42 at Daytona but unfortunately I've got other commitments for the other 3 chase dates.

Ford salvaged a nice 4th and 5th in the race.

The lag bump a lap before 1/3 distance affected most of the field, and I probably should have pitted with everyone else then, but I stayed out with 3 other guys before pitting the next time round. I can't really remember what happened around my stop, but I was somehow in last place after it.

Mid-race, M-stall was lagging like mad and this caused at least 2 lots of wrecks, one that took out me and 2 Red Bulls, and one with Niop and Homeslice ahead of me. After the second set of stops I was 8th and behind Niop, so I began pushing him. We caught Tom and then Homeslice to make a train of cars from 4th back to 8th. We then came upon Knelly and he joined our train, staying in the middle of the pack at first before I went to the front of the pack, and told him to go round me to let me push him. Me and knelly always go well with me pushing him round. After 7 or 8 laps he dropped behind the pack and lost our draft with a couple of laps to go, presumably saving fuel or tyres. This left me, homeslice, niop, and tom to battle for 4th to 8th place. With 2 laps to go, I managed to slot in behind Homeslice to push him. I continued pushing him all the way to the finish line and we managed to block tom and niop from passing at the end.

Perfect :D

The plan for the first stint was to sit at the back of the pack and conserve tyres and fuel. I did try a couple of times to lead a lap with Stall pushing me in the high line but we couldn't get around Niop and Drop, so decided to get to the back and pit last. That worked and was helped by the incident before the pits. 6 pitted (I think) leaving three in front and myself and Stall behind. The other three pitted and we stayed out and I led a lap and pitted.

Came out and met up with #11 where we pushed quite hard. Another incident and I found myself with a clear lead with Drop. We both hooked up with team mates and I won the battle over Drop for lap leading there. I then faked a pit which went to perfection leaving Drop to pit.

I came out all alone in the lead and was quickly caught by Niop, Tom and Joe with a 30s lead. I felt that I needed to control my own race after a while and wanted to be in front of that pack and control my own pace. I figured Niop wouldn't push me, and didn't have enough confidence in Tom (no offence mate - just not ran much with you yet). Joe is the one I wanted pushing me, as he said above we run well together with him pushing me. After Niop and Tom went high I got my chance, drafted around Joe, and controlled the race as I wanted, extending my lead back from 29s to 32s.

As Niop, Tom, Joe and Home (who joined up) were all battling for a position, and I was then comfortable that the race was mine, I decided to get out the way and not cause anything contentious (to myself or them), moved out of the lead and held at the back (not meaning to lose the draft by the way - I had plenty of tyres and fuel).

All in all, everything happened exactly as I wanted it (other than Gibbs suffering in other positions), and couldn't be happier with the result. The perfect start.

Thanks again to all those who helped out throughout the race.

And again,

That's Chase Pace Boys :sly: :D

Great race, guys. Knelly should get double points for delivering the fake of the year, causing me to wreck myself. : lol:

Guys, I feel awful about the midrace lag incidents. At the time I thought the whole room was lagging. My lag ruined mine and others races, and I'm terribly sorry. I have no clue why it happened. Its a shame because we had an excellent and highly realistic race going before then.

Also, I know given what happened today I probably should not be the one to bring this up, but when massive lag incidents occur like that I really do think a competition caution should be thrown until the lag settles down. I understand we weren't expecting such lag, but in the future it could really save some folks' races if we regrouped after a massive accident like that occurs, simply because it was no ones fault.

Overall, good effort by everyone, and big congrats to Knellly on the win. I intend to make sure my periodic lag issue is remedied before Indy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back