Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carbonox
Is there any team doing recruitment for the next season? :mischievous:

We won't know who the five new team owners are going to be until after this season is over.

I would think recruitment really won't start until the last couple of races, as nobody knows who the team owners are gonna be yet. I know some alliances are definately forming, and I imagine that will lead to some team-ups for next season.

Oops, got tree'd there...

I can't wait for next season, just got to hope that one of the team owners feels like taking a punt on me :lol:

I can see this being quite tricky, there's already an established group of drivers here and picking somebody who's only run a couple of races is always gonna be a gamble when you could have a safe pick in a 'regular' driver.

TomMcD
I can't wait for next season, just got to hope that one of the team owners feels like taking a punt on me :lol:

I can see this being quite tricky, there's already an established group of drivers here and picking somebody who's only run a couple of races is always gonna be a gamble when you could have a safe pick in a 'regular' driver.

Right now, we don't have 16 regular drivers. Show that you can be there every weekend, and you'll almost certainly get a seat.

MustangRyan
Right now, we don't have 16 regular drivers. Show that you can be there every weekend, and you'll almost certainly get a seat.

Well I can guarantee that so it's looking good for S3.

Race for respect and a full time seat. Plus the way things are going there may even be a season 3 nationwide league fir those trying to win a seat in the sprint.

Knelly nothing personal bro

I would rather use a replacement driver and count all five.

Many of the leagues on gt5 drop your worst race, many of us have real lives and can't make every race.

Plus, I don't like thinking that a driver could just no-show the last race because he could drop that result and still win the title.

So what happens if the title winner has a replacement driver in the last race or any race? Whats the difference? Are we going to put 2 names in the standings? Is it going to be fair if the title winner has a replacement driver win a race?

Every race should count.

It really won't because the driver won't be there.

Idk, its very complicated. But I've seen it done before n I was never upset with it. I think it should be a known teammate that subs though. Like furis points go to knelly, acdc's points go to drop, mustardaddicts points go to crazy, jakob or smuffys to mudd, funky ducks to homeslice. I tried to list regular third seaters. It'd be better if they weren't in the chase.

Many of the leagues on gt5 drop your worst race, many of us have real lives and can't make every race.

Every other league has one long season with lots of events, and no resetting of points. It's more fair for them to drop your worst event or two, because of the sheer number of events.
Here, you can miss races in the regular season, easily still make the Chase, and realistically compete for the championship after the points are reset. Of the top 11 drivers in this Chase, 4 drivers missed a total of 8 races, and are facing no adverse effects whatsoever with just 5 races to go. If you have to miss a race in the Chase, you can miss a single race, and have a non-Chase driver fill in for you. I don't think asking people to make it to at least 4 out of 5 Chase events, and make arrangements for a 5th race in an unusual situation is asking too much.

So what happens if the title winner has a replacement driver in the last race or any race? Whats the difference? Are we going to put 2 names in the standings? Is it going to be fair if the title winner has a replacement driver win a race?

Then they are depending on someone else to accumulate points for them, and taking a giant risk and a huge leap of faith. I honestly don't think Chase drivers would be better served having non-Chase drivers filling in for them, even for a single race. The reason you guys are in the Chase is because you're the best in the series. If you're one of the few drivers with the very realistic chance at winning the title, you definitely are better off running your own races, unless you really just absolutely can't be there, and need to get some points instead of none.

It really won't because the driver won't be there.

Yes, the race does count, because the driver can't just blow it off and not participate with no consequences, like you could do if you got to drop a race. Someone else has to fill in, or the driver gets no points, and loses the title 99.9% of the time.

Idk, its very complicated. But I've seen it done before n I was never upset with it. I think it should be a known teammate that subs though. Like furis points go to knelly, acdc's points go to drop, mustardaddicts points go to crazy, jakob or smuffys to mudd, funky ducks to homeslice. I tried to list regular third seaters. It'd be better if they weren't in the chase.

It HAS to be a non-Chase driver. I can't use ACDC to make points for me, because he is also running for the Championship.

I want to be on 42 car with mudd

You're parked for the rest of the season. Once the season is over, and the five new owners are in place, you can lobby those 5 owners for a seat in a car.

Last edited:
Hmm... Maybe we could put in place a small penalty for the 'sub race'? Would that make it a little more fair? As in, a substitute driver cannot earn maximum points on the day. Not really sure, just searching for a medium here. :P

Edit: I wrote that in response to Homeslice. I hadn't read Ryan's post, he put a pretty good perspective on it, I think.

Hmm... Maybe we could put in place a small penalty for the 'sub race'? Would that make it a little more fair? As in, a substitute driver cannot earn maximum points on the day. Not really sure, just searching for a medium here. :P

Edit: I wrote that in response to Homeslice. I hadn't read Ryan's post, he put a pretty good perspective on it, I think.

That's an interesting idea, for certain. Maybe the sub driver can only earn half-points? That definitely prevents hiring a ringer, as the best he could earn would be 11.5 points if he had the pole, the win, and the most laps led. It would definitely keep people from using a replacement driver unless it was absolutely necessary. Once again, "some points" beats "no points" every single time.

I think the sub driver should earn half points on behalf of the first driver, thus Knelly would get half points. On top of this, the sub driver himself would earn FULL points. This at least gives the sub driver a little extra something to race for.

I think the sub driver should earn half points on behalf of the first driver, thus Knelly would get half points. On top of this, the sub driver himself would earn FULL points. This at least gives the sub driver a little extra something to race for.

That's cool idea

Sorry to stir up such a mess but it really cant be helped. You know would be there and race myself if I could. There really is no way around it.

How about three quarter points, rounded down if need be :nervous:

Appreciate where you are coming from Home, but if it wasn't me, i believe I would still agree with drop. A one off replacement driver in extreme circs.

75% points seems pretty fair to me. Chances are, the sub-driver wont be dominating the race anyways. I'm also assuming that the sub-driver would be selected from our reserve list.

I'm pleased to advise that Akmuq will be filling the #18 at High Speed Ring, on my behalf.

Thanks to you all for your understanding and happy to accept two thirds of the points accumulated by Akmuq.

I of course will have my phone close by on that weekend looking for the results after my back to back wins at Daytona and Indy.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Let the mayhem begin!

Sorry knelly hope i wasnt a jerk. I don't mind if you get full points. Lets put this in the mirror and get racing!

homeslice47
Sorry knelly hope i wasnt a jerk. I don't mind if you get full points. Lets put this in the mirror and get racing!

I actually think partial points is a great idea, as it does prevent someone from hiring a much better road course driver for the Chase road course race. It also means that every driver will try a little bit harder to make every race, if possible. I definitely want to discourage substituting, unless it is absolutely necessary.

homeslice47

Home, I have no problem with you putting your view across mate. If you have an issue, say it. This is why I mentioned it two+ weeks in advance and before the chase started, so we could tackle concerns and get to a sensible conclusion, which is exactly where we got to.

It would have been arsy of me if I mentioned it two days before the race.

Jerk :sly:

Drop for info, Stall, Crazy, Mudd, Chad and myself did about an hours testing last night.

We were looking for an accurate solo speed in line with 2011 quali pace IRL, and then looking for an accurate draft speed by fiddling with the Final Gear. This is due to the success if this format displayed in the Indycar series for Indy and Daytona.

I have some data put together if you want to go down this route but will need further testing. It will mean increasing the 502 BHP a click or two though. Let me know if you want to chat further about it.

PS, doesn't something important and exciting start tonight??????

Today is Chase race one.

I'm hesitant to mandate a final gear, as some guys prefer to run a three speed.

Was just about to say, is this the calm before the storm. All's quiet on the western front ...... Wait till those engines start roaring though.

TomMcD has agreed to run the #42 car for today. I know there was another driver interested in filling the seat, but he has not responded, so I've gone ahead and briefed Tom on my race strategy for today. Looking foward to a good, clean race today fella's. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back