Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often see unfamiliar names following the thread, we may have to have a 'Shootout' just to decide which reserve drivers get to race the season opener. That would actually be kinda cool if the last couple entries into the race have to 'race their way in'.

I love this idea for drivers on the fringes like myself who may not have a full-time ride next season because of not being selected.

Imagine the current full time line-up along with Tom, Jakob, Chad, Drift, mustard, smuffy, Carbonox and myself along with at least 3 or 4 newcomers. That's some serious competition for places.

However, putting a chance to race in the 500 on one race is quite risky as you may have one driver who may qualify for the 500 and not do half the distance and another who didn't qualify but has a known history of completing every race.

It would be nice to run reserve races at the same time of the full-time races if there were a big enough attendance. Like a 'Nationwide' or League 2. This all depends on S3 attendance.

Nice work Crazy, we all love stats 👍

EDIT : Of course, when you say no wins, that only is in relation to this Series (and rightfully so). The stats don't show the whole story, with the two back to back Daytona Wins in the IROC series (One which you pushed me to victory).

Just saying :D

Nice work Crazy, we all love stats 👍

EDIT : Of course, when you say no wins, that only is in relation to this Series (and rightfully so). The stats don't show the whole story, with the two back to back Daytona Wins in the IROC series (One which you pushed me to victory).

Just saying :D

Sorry it's just GTP SprintCup Stats. Now if every series' did this, then we could accumulate all stats. Or better yet if GT5 just had leaderboards, etc....

kenkwilinski
Sorry it's just GTP SprintCup Stats. Now if every series' did this, then we could accumulate all stats. Or better yet if GT5 just had leaderboards, etc....

Looks like I have to up my game a little then. I feel I'm stronger than the stats suggest. Again just demonstrates how tough this league is and the quality it has within it.

Looks like I have to up my game a little then. I feel I'm stronger than the stats suggest. Again just demonstrates how tough this league is and the quality it has within it.

Don't feel bad you have got in the top ten every race you have started in! And my stats are far worse than yours. But its a start and as we progress season to season the numbers will only grow and tell a bigger n better story for each driver.

I feel the same way whenever I look at stats related to this series, but I'm not too worried about it at this point. I have a feeling there will be some lines added to a few of those names very soon as we enter the chase.

:lol: I don't feel bad at all, I'm honoured to be in great company and it all gives us something to strive towards.

This racing series has really grown in so many ways this season. It's amazing.

Sorry, I wanted to display this as a pic but it wasn't formatting right to the non-paid subscriber's alloted pic dimensions of 600x800.

So here y'all go, I hope you all have Adobe Acrobat.

I added in the preview for Race#2 of the Chase at Indy!!

I love this idea for drivers on the fringes like myself who may not have a full-time ride next season because of not being selected.

Imagine the current full time line-up along with Tom, Jakob, Chad, Drift, mustard, smuffy, Carbonox and myself along with at least 3 or 4 newcomers. That's some serious competition for places.

However, putting a chance to race in the 500 on one race is quite risky as you may have one driver who may qualify for the 500 and not do half the distance and another who didn't qualify but has a known history of completing every race.

It would be nice to run reserve races at the same time of the full-time races if there were a big enough attendance. Like a 'Nationwide' or League 2. This all depends on S3 attendance.

Cool, Chequer named me as well! :gtpflag:

I'm not sure if I can do every race of the next season - the longest ones in particular can cause me problems if there are any particularly - but whenever my sleeping time isn't badly cut, you can count on me to challenge you Americans (and some others) in your own game.

*throws gloves off*

:mischievous:

Cool, Chequer named me as well! :gtpflag:

I'm not sure if I can do every race of the next season - the longest ones in particular can cause me problems if there are any particularly - but whenever my sleeping time isn't badly cut, you can count on me to challenge you Americans (and some others) in your own game.

*throws gloves off*

:mischievous:

Haha, I remembered your interest after visualising that silly looking penguin lingering around in one of the pages of this thread.

120124045225-2013-fusion-nosyn-story-top.jpg

Didn't know Aston Martin were entering Nascar in 2013? :sly:

Crazy, massive props dude. Those are some seriously cool previews. I cant say enough about the dedication and effort you guys put into this. The people in this league make this whole thing worthwhile.

Stealth driver, I was not mentioned in any of the previews :sly:

In due time you will earn a spot in the preview. You prob will be in the race #3 preview as you do have some impressive road course stats. But the indy n daytona previews are tough to call with soooo many drivers already with high accolades at those tracks. Really #7 to #10 in my previews were tough to call and are almost any drivers spot.

In due time you will earn a spot in the preview. You prob will be in the race #3 preview as you do have some impressive road course stats. But the indy n daytona previews are tough to call with soooo many drivers already with high accolades at those tracks. Really #7 to #10 in my previews were tough to call and are almost any drivers spot.

It is too close to call, there are some guys out there who are on another level...

I was actually thinking that I feel a little bit out of place in the preview when you consider the ones that are not in there. I'm honored to share the page.

I was actually thinking that I feel a little bit out of place in the preview when you consider the ones that are not in there. I'm honored to share the page.

Well I could only list ten drivers that have rankings in most categories. For example (in due time you will see all stats) jakob couldn't be officially ranked until he received a top ten. His top ten came at suzuka east. Like funky ducks, furi n mustard I believe will make an appearance for HSR R#3 preview as they have numbers in qualifying categories. Then the rating # has a strong influence. Overall track record holders get up top and other cumulation of stats tweak the details n positions in my previews. So Mudd u earned a spot on those lists. Hard work, lots of tuning n testing pays off.

Indy is the track I've had the worst luck at for disconnections. Even in my first Indy race in S1 I had a disconnection, and that was before I developed any connection issues.

Stealth driver, I was not mentioned in any of the previews :sly:

I think it's a simple oversight caused by looking at only end results.

You ran very well early at the Daytona 500 (and somehow missed every single early accident :crazy:), but you didn't stay to finish the race. Had you ran the whole event, you likely would have finished in the top 4-7 spots, good luck willing. In the second race, you ran out of tires 5 laps from the end, costing you several positions.

At Indy this season, you finished 9th and 13th. The 9th was the result of stopping twice, when everyone in front of you stopped only once, if I recall correctly. The 13th was the result of a disconnect. I don't remember where you were running when it happened, or how early it was, but you led 3 laps, so you must have been running pretty decent that day.

Basically, if you can just manage to stay on track until the end (not parking or disconnecting), and if you can find a way to extend your tire life by just a little, you have a great chance to run strong in both events. It might help to bring some of that luck from the first Daytona race, too. :sly:

All Gibbs cars are looking for that luck this week. Somehow we'll get all four on the podium :nervous:

MORNING - Only two more sleeps till 'Tona :D

EDIT : If Drop manages to lead 27 laps or more at Daytona this weekend, he will be the first to have reached a Career Laps Led of 300.

Good luck with that :sly:

Last edited:
The goal for this weekend is to get closer to the career total of 373 laps led. ;)

Technically, leading even just a single lap is still getting closer, so I like my chances. ;)

I now have 3 potential Toscana tracks, which I'll reduce to 1 for submission once some people here try them out with me in my lounge at some point.

Only one of these tracks turns left, and luckily the racing line does/should not block the pit entry. The track is near flat out with full downforce offline, though I've not tried any of the 3 tracks online yet. I think this track is closest to what you asked for, Drop.

Last edited:
DrifterJoe
I now have 3 potential Toscana tracks, which I'll reduce to 1 for submission once some people here try them out with me in my lounge at some point.

Only one of these tracks turns left, and luckily the racing line does/should not block the pit entry. The track is near flat out with full downforce offline, though I've not tried any of the 3 tracks online yet. I think this track is closest to what you asked for, Drop.

Great, can't wait to see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back