Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll just add in the no-points races as PD releases their new 'bugs' throughout the season. :D

My first Toscana attempt is up for download. If I make something better I'll replace it. I tested it with max downforce/aero.

Furinkazen
No Bud Shootout plans? Or All-Star?

I often see unfamiliar names following the thread, we may have to have a 'Shootout' just to decide which reserve drivers get to race the season opener. That would actually be kinda cool if the last couple entries into the race have to 'race their way in'.

Does the custom track have to be toscana along as it has a pit road and turns left? I may have a track or 2 we can have a test on.

homeslice47
Does the custom track have to be toscana along as it has a pit road and turns left? I may have a track or 2 we can have a test on.

Turning left is preferred, but not absolutely required. Pits are required.

S3 Schedule looks great. I'd like to see one of the Daytona's get dropped in favor of 1 more road course (Eifel perhaps? Maybe Tsukuba?), but then again the roadies that are on there are the best ones. Love the idea of "crown jewel events" 👍 👍

No Bud Shootout plans? Or All-Star?

The first race on the schedule is our version of the Bud Shootout. It's a 40-lap preseason non-points race at Daytona.

I'm strongly considering hosting an All-Star race. I want an All-Star race to only include race winners for the current and previous season, just like the real thing.

Right now, an invite-only All-Star Race would include RFLX_Niop, ACDCROCKS123, The_Boyce, Droptop2001gt, Knelly, JoeOfTheFire, homeslice47, M-Stall41, and two guys that won races last year as a one-time-only entry, back when our races were still open to the public (hey6541 and ONENOSTYCAMARO).

If we hosted it in season 3 and followed the strict entry requirement rules, it would include only race winners from Season 2 and Season 3, which would eliminate Knelly, homeslice47, The_Boyce, hey6541 and ONENOSTYCAMARO if they hadn't yet won in the Season 2 Chase or Season 3 Regular Season to regain eligibility.

For our very first All-Star race, would we allow Season 1 winners a one-time exemption, since there was no Season 2 event to include them, then put the current-and-previous-season-only restriction in place for all further events? I would assume so.

Also, would you guys want previous All-Star race winners and series champions to get a free entry into All-Star races, just like in the Sprint Cup? I think the Sprint Cup rule is any All-Star winner or points champion from the past 10 seasons gets a free entry. I would limit ours to the past 5 seasons.

We could also hold an open heat race before the main event for everyone else, allowing the top 2 finishers to move up to the main race.

Do you think if we held the All-Star race between the end of the Regular Season and the beginning of the Chase for Season 3, we would have enough different winners to have a good field?

Love the idea of "crown jewel events" 👍 👍

Who's going to be the first to collect a career grand slam?

Last edited:
S3 Schedule looks great. I'd like to see one of the Daytona's get dropped in favor of 1 more road course (Eifel perhaps? Maybe Tsukuba?), but then again the roadies that are on there are the best ones.

Oh man...An Open race would be awesome! Where would this All-Star be held Drop?

We could split the Regular Season between race 5 and 6, hold the All-Star Race at Daytona during the break, and replace race #5 (Daytona) with a race at Autumn Ring Mini Reverse/Cape Ring Inside/Madrid Mini/Created Short Track for a short track race.

That would give us 5 Daytona races in 17 events, 2 of which won't count for points. That means we can have our normal Daytona "excitement" without as much frustration. Plus, it would give us a short track/road course event.

Last edited:
We could split the Regular Season between race 5 and 6, hold the All-Star Race at Daytona during the break, and replace race #5 (Daytona) with a race at Autumn Ring Mini Reverse/Cape Ring Inside/Madrid Mini/Created Short Track for a short track race.

That would give us 5 Daytona races in 17 events, 2 of which won't count for points. That means we can have our normal Daytona "excitement" without as much frustration. Plus, it would give us a short track/road course event.

I like this idea. And would vote for Madrid Mini.

So, let's try this as a first revision:

This is the tentative Season 3 race schedule. You might notice the new inclusion of some very prestigious events from the actual NASCAR schedule.

Preseason Exhibition: - Bud Shootout @ Daytona Superspeedway (40 laps)

01: Daytona 500 @ Daytona Superspeedway (200 laps)
02: Indianapolis Superspeedway (60 laps)
03: Monza - No Chicanes (30 laps)
04: Coca Cola 600 @ SS Route X (32 laps)*
05: Autumn Ring Mini/Cape Ring Inside/Madrid Mini/Created Short Track (# of Laps TBD)

GTP Sprint All-Star Weekend @ Daytona Superspeedway (20 lap qualifier, 30 lap main, 10 lap finale)

06: Indianapolis Superspeedway (40 Laps)
07: Southern 500 @ Custom Toscana Track (# of Laps TBD)
08: Suzuka East (60 laps)
09: SS Route X (10 laps)*
10: Brickyard 400 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (160 Laps)

-------BEGIN CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP-------

11: Daytona 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway (100 laps)
12: High Speed Ring (50 Laps)
13: Coca Cola 300 @ SS Route X (16 laps)*
14: Daytona Superspeedway (75 Laps)
15: Brickyard 200 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (80 Laps)

*Note, you will have to purchase SS Route X to participate in these 3 races next season.

Last edited:
Great work, but my opinion, one Daytona and three Indy's Pre Chase, doesn't seem right.

That count for points I mean.

Great work, but my opinion, one Daytona and three Indy's Pre Chase, doesn't seem right.

That count for points I mean.

I look at SS Route X as a better version of Daytona, all the benefits of bump-drafting restrictor plate-style racing, but with a wider track and smoother corners. It's basically just a grossly-oversized Talladega. I think there will be a lot less frustration after most races at SSRX vs Daytona as well.

I think that having three Daytona/SSRX races, three Indy races, 2 road courses, one short track, and one "other" oval should make for a great balance in the regular season as a whole, and should ensure that the 10 best drivers make the Chase next season.

I'd like to make a suggestion for the Oval Chase races. I was asked by another driver for my opinion on some lag concerns, and how to make sure it doesn't affect race starts, potentially ruining drivers chances from the offset.

Instead of normal qualifying, how about a 5 lap qualifying sprint race to determine starting grid. This way, if anyone is seriously lagging then it will be evident straight away and would only ruin potential pole rather than main race. We can then make the decision if we need to ask anyone to politely leave so as not to ruin the main event.

Alternatively, in the main race we could have a competition caution after 5 laps, for the very same reason.

Thoughts, comments, excuses?

I would be willing to throw one competition caution in the first lap or two if a severely lagging driver caused an accident. We would ask the lagging driver to leave, get the field collected, and restart the race. No pitting would be allowed.

In the hopes of reducing and/or preventing lag, I'm going to turn visual damage to off, and reduce voice chat quality to medium or low (it's usually on high). Drivers that have had known lagging issues the last couple of weeks will not be permitted to enter the Chase races.

I think that should go down well, good idea. Kind of feel like I'm becoming a Union Rep :nervous:

As for lower quality mics, does that mean Furi will be heard at half the usual sound level ;)

I would be willing to throw one competition caution in the first lap or two if a severely lagging driver caused an accident. We would ask the lagging driver to leave, get the field collected, and restart the race. No pitting would be allowed.

In the hopes of reducing and/or preventing lag, I'm going to turn visual damage to off, and reduce voice chat quality to medium or low (it's usually on high). Drivers that have had known lagging issues the last couple of weeks will not be permitted to enter the Chase races.

So if I have lag and I am in the chase I am not allow to race in chase races still?

602.24 miles we are going to do for 32 laps!

Last edited:
No one that is lagging will be allowed to jeopardize the integrity of our events, especially in the Chase.

I would still like to see autumn mini mixed in to the schedule. I think i would a nice change up from the huge wide open tracks.

homeslice47
I would still like to see autumn mini mixed in to the schedule. I think i would a nice change up from the huge wide open tracks.

It's got a good chance to be the track in that week five slot.

Also, I'm hopeful that our Southern 500 oval track will not be 100% wide open throttle, much like the real Darlington. A little letting off or light braking wouldn't be a bad thing.

homeslice47

My personal choice is SSR5 Clubman. Has a little of everything for these cars I think.

SSR5 clubman would be my week 5 choice.

Have you tried my created Toscana track, Drop? (I'd go for full downforce.) I don't think you go below 150mph there. (was 159mph when testing it offline)

Last edited:
Sorry, I wanted to display this as a pic but it wasn't formatting right to the non-paid subscriber's alloted pic dimensions of 600x800.

So here y'all go, I hope you all have Adobe Acrobat.

Last edited:
^ Pretty neat, Ken. Nice work. I've been waiting all day to find out what the "oops" was for, well worth the wait. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back