Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
PS Giants Suck!

The Giants are in the super bowl so take that!

Okay kenkwilinski.

Can I do the last race of the season? (Brickyard 500) So I help my teammate Mudd?

At my school.

Last edited:
Its always sad to see a driver suspended from the race series. This series is without doubt one of the most competitive racing series on the website. 15 regulars with at least 5 or 6 reserves snooping around, the series is bursting with talent. Without doubt the stakes are higher as given a league with drivers of bucket loads of experience, new drivers like myself have to step up, learn quickly and race as clean as possible. It took me 9 months of GT5 for me to realise what all the fuss of racing series was. This series is a delight to race in for simply the people as Drop said in qualifying: 'Its the people that make the series.' It truly is.

I do make a few mistakes but I am the first apologise and I've realised that its not only what do you on the racetrack that counts but what you say and do off the track.

Just a tough break for Jakob.

The website will be updated this weekend before the chase. I'm looking at ways of trying to make it easier for you guys to submit news articles for S3.

On another note, Homeslice I was slightly disappointed with how I dropped back to try and fetch you as we were Hendrick teammates for you to start mucking around and exit the race. Not particularly bothered as I think my race would have been ruined anyway with a drive thru in the pitlane. I got a feeling that I didn't hear you on my mic as I felt this was really uncharacteristic.

On another note, Homeslice I was slightly disappointed with how I dropped back to try and fetch you as we were Hendrick teammates for you to start mucking around and exit the race. Not particularly bothered as I think my race would have been ruined anyway with a drive thru in the pitlane. I got a feeling that I didn't hear you on my mic as I felt this was really uncharacteristic.

I think this is your answer:

Sorry guys i tried to race sat. but i was sick, showed up late, grabbed the wrong car etc. etc.

I tried to say sorry earlier in the thread. Basically I showed up late, jumped in the wrong car which had cambers at 10 on all 4 wheels(i was playing with the top speed on it earlier). So when i hit the first turn the car just spun. I didnt have my mic so i couldnt here anybody. I think you typed "are you ok" and i replied "i'm ok". After i typed that i accidently hit the red button on the screen which kicked me out of the race. My plan was to wait for you guys to come around on the next lap, not leave the race. Sorry chqr i didnt mean to screw up your race. I owe you one.

Ken, you should include another chart showing the start/win ratio's of our races at SSRX...oh, wait...I'm the only champion there. :D

Ken, you should include another chart showing the start/win ratio's of our races at SSRX...oh, wait...I'm the only champion there. :D

I'm actually only keeping track records for races of two or more from S1 through S2 (thus far). So if there's 2 races next season at SSRX there will be track records. I don't count any non-points races in stats. I also did not count Monza Track Record as only 3 guys raced Monza in S1. Daytona & Indy Track Records will update through the Chase. And HSR Track record will be created for S3.

And nice win BTW!! Where was Furi to say "4 WIDE!!" :lol:

Some other things I would like to add to track records is:
1.) Fastest Qualifying Lap
2.) Fastest Lap In-Race
3.) Fastest Speed in Qualifying
4.) Fastest Speed In-Race

The first two I listed are do-able, the second two Idk how we would do. Maybe we can start doing this for S3. Best way to capture quali is to take a picture of the board in watch-race mode when quali is over and post that pic up in our thread. Same goes for race finish.

Ok here you go Mudd....

SSRX Track Record (unofficial)

1. Mudd 1/1/1/1 (1) 4.0
2. Dowhat13 0/1/1/1 (1) 3.0
3. Crazy_bassist 0/1/1/1 (1) 3.0
4. Droptop2001gt 0/0/1/1 (1) 2.0
5. Knelly or DriftPhish (whoever finished fifth) 0/0/1/1 (1) 2.0
6. DriftPhish or Knelly (whoever finished sixth) 0/0/0/1 (1) 1.0
7. Chqr 0/0/0/1 (1) 1.0
8. Jakob 0/0/0/1 (1) 1.0
9. homeslice 0/0/0/1 (1) 1.0

looks like we all got a top ten LOL

Yea, I realize all that. I figure I've only got one week to get all my bragging in, so I'm not wasting any time. :P

Nice work on that stats!

So through testing top speeds at SSRX for hours on end with different takes on the setup, I have determined that joes settings are best for top speed, any additional tweaks will make ur car slower. now to figure if this is true for acceleration test. I also made a fast race tune for SSRX that hits 196mph and handles well on any line in the corners.

Should be interesting to see how the 42 ride is filled, I believe its the only open ride and there are alot of drivers clamoring for it. Mudd has a big decision on his hand

For what it's worth, RedPartyHat has raced in some of my open lobby 892hp Daytona lobbies in the past. I remember him being clean and courteous on the track. He's definitely worth a look, Mudd. Get on the track with him at Daytona and/or Indy, and see what you think.

Knelly
Just over one hour to the Christmas 250.

The winner will receive a premium car of their choice, up to £1m <little finger to side of mouth>.

I will host unless Drop confirms he can make it. This will be in open lobby to maybe get some stragglers involved if need be.

I would like to donate the prize car to Chqr, as a way to thank him for all of his hard work in launching our new race series site.

Haha thanks guys but I cannot accept your kind gesture. Keep it for your Prediction Challenge result or Treat yourself Knelly :).

Offer still stands Drop. 👍

Give it to Mudd as a prize for his Route X 300 mile race victory. 👍

MustangRyan
Give it to Mudd as a prize for his Route X 300 mile race victory. 👍

Anything you want Mudd. Up to £1m, painted and pimped to your liking.

Let me know. 👍

Chqr
Knelly's Fantasy Challenge. Free Car under 1 Million Credits for the correct top five in the correct finishing order of S2.

Final entries must be in before Drop opens the lobby for the first Chase Race this weekend at Daytona.

This is actually such a stab in the dark guessing game, with such an immense field.

Just wanted to say good luck, we're all counting on you!

So, do "The Spints" have a category for 'most hilarious quote'?

....sorry Homeslice, couldn't resist :D

If they did, you would have already won.

Run 45 laps without seeing a single car because of it, then when I finally do see cars it's as if my car was sponsored by the plague.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6186984#post6186984

While I'm here, I might as well edit my original nominations for the Sprints, so as to include the best race battle of the season, which I had not previously nominated.

Race Comeback of the Season

This has absolutely got to be RFLX_Niop at Monza, from week 3. The guy went to the very back of the pack, out of 14 cars, on lap 1. How great was his comeback? Check out the next nomination...

Race Battle of the Season

I'm going to nominate M-Stall41 over RFLX_Niop from Monza in week 3. That was a truly epic back-and-forth that wasn't settled until they tangled coming out of the last corner on the last lap. Plus, it was for the race victory, which is all the more impressive when you look at the nomination for the previous category.

Most Improved Driver of the Season

For me, this has to be Crazy_Bassist_83. He showed flashes of promise in his limited late-season action in season 1. But in season 2, you can tell he's bringing a lot more speed to the track every single week. His final results haven't always reflected just how fast he is week-to-week, though he did just land on the podium in race 7. With a little more luck, I think he's definitely in line to win a race in the Chase, and fight for a top 5 points finish.

Rookie of the Season

It's almost not fair to classify M-Stall41 as a rookie, but he did only participate in one race in season one. That one race was a second place at Daytona, where he lost by maybe a bumper. As one of only two drivers with two race victories this season, he's the runaway favorite to win this award, unless some of the other new drivers go on a real hot streak in the Chase.

Unluckiest Driver of the Season

Mudd. I don't think anyone needs any explanation here. We all know Mudd is talented enough to be in the top 5 just about anywhere we go, but he always seems to get caught up in someone else's misfortune. I think some of this is caused by Mudd being too tentative at times. Luck is a strange thing though, and it can obviously change at any time. Hopefully things start looking better for Mudd sooner, rather than later. To continue Mudd's streak of bad luck, he finally won a race, but it was an exhibition, and the points don't count.

Driver Rivalry of the Season

I'm going to avoid the driver-vs-driver angle here and say the best rivalry on the track has been the Team Rivalry between Ford Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing, and Red Bull Racing. Ford Racing and JGR have been very close most of the season, and Red Bull is gaining steam at just the right time. I think the last five races will be an absolute battle between these three teams, as they all try to topple each other, on the way to making a run at Hendrick Motorsports.

Some good choices there, would like some drivers to provide some more alternatives for race battles and race comebacks especially, if anyone has some in mind.

Come on, don't be shy!

Hey Red I am happy you are subbing in for me. I hope you help my teammate Mudd win the championship! If he in 2nd place in the season I want to help Mudd in the Brickyard 500 if I can.

Also I will be at the track to watch the races.

Last edited:
Following the endurance that was SSRX, Team JGR landed back from Japan to the US yesterday.

While some rested on the beach, others were seen heading to Daytona Speedway where it is assumed they wanted to get reaquainted with this high speed monster.

Knelly, Team JGR owner for S2, advised that there had been some tandem testing now that this is the first official race with the new NASCAR tyre regulations (and after the mechanical failure while running out in front in the Christmas Exhibition).

All Team Gibbs will no doubt be looking to get on track together at some point, to prepare for Satudays first chase race.

Following the endurance that was SSRX, Team JGR landed back from Japan to the US yesterday.

While some rested on the beach, others were seen heading to Daytona Speedway where it is assumed they wanted to get reaquainted with this high speed monster.

Knelly, Team JGR owner for S2, advised that there had been some tandem testing now that this is the first official race with the new NASCAR tyre regulations (and after the mechanical failure while running out in front in the Christmas Exhibition).

All Team Gibbs will no doubt be looking to get on track together at some point, to prepare for Satudays first chase race.

Ford Racing will likely be taking a more relaxed approach to the first race of the chase, despite both drivers having a good chance of winning the championship. Team owner Homeslice is the only one of their 2 chase qualified drivers who has run at Daytona since the new tyres were brought in, so Joe will be using data acquired by Homeslice to form his own strategy, along with some common sense.

Joe is also looking to join some of the JGR team on the beach to build some sandcastles.

Well team red bull has been stuck at the airport in japan waiting to get to daytona, flight was delayed :( but for good news, red bull has been tweaking transmission and aero packages at SSRX in hopes they can translate that into terms for daytona

kenkwilinski
Well team red bull has been stuck at the airport in japan waiting to get to daytona, flight was delayed :( but for good news, red bull has been tweaking transmission and aero packages at SSRX in hopes they can translate that into terms for daytona

But there's no more flights till Sunday! No wings for Red Bull this week! :sly:

Joe said:

Ford Racing will likely be taking a more relaxed approach to the first race of the chase, despite both drivers having a good chance of winning the championship.

^ The exact opposite of this. The #14 took a relaxed aproach to the regular season and it just barely landed me a spot in the chase. You can expect a much more aggressive style of driving from the Stewart camp especially early in the chase. Some of you may have also noticed the 'Red Bull/Office Depot' freight train that nearly knocked the podium down last weekend at SSRX, I wouldn't be suprized to see that happening again either. As far as the #42 car, all of the drivers on our reserve list have shown plenty of skill throughout the season, I would be happy to run with any of them. I'm not going to actually 'name' a driver for the car until I have a chance to share the track with them in it, I'll try to arrange that before the weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back