Chase for NASCAR Sprint Cup S2 Champs: RFLX_Niop, Hendrick, Chevy

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,095 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record there was a crash and two cars remained in the lead, I was in third and had a run in their draft, at this time mudd, dowhat,n droptop were way behind from the carnage. I decided to let off and I slowed down mudd. I let mudd get in front n he let off for a half lap n then he went full throttle n I dropped my speed to 175mph. I cruised a whole lap like that and dropped back 50sec and droptop n dowhat caught me. We pulled a three car train n caught mudd two laps later. With us 4 pushing hard we all decided to pit together for a full tank. We left pit road together and took the lead on the following lap when knelly and drift phish were exiting the pits. They couldn't catch us and we kept increasing our lead. They ran a one stop stragey. And us four did 2 stops. One full tank, second was 15L top off. We came out of the pits n it was close. We pulled ahead with our 4 cars out of the first set of turns and we pulled a gap on them two. We just held it together n cruised to victory on the last lap. Four wide finish! Fun race!

I'm guessing he's using the ride hight trick. Since there's no under car aero represented in game, if you jack the front way up and lower the rear, the downforce actually pushes you forward.

It'll give you a couple more mph in a strait line, but I wouldn't try turning like that.

Thought I'd reply to this too, the stuff I did for 206.5mph in the max speed test DOES all work online, as I tested it yesterday. The car handles awful though, so I got rid of some of the adjustments I made to do it. I'm fairly sure I posted the settings I used for 206.5mph on page 71 of this thread.

BREAKING NEWS.

The Ford is officially faster than the Toyota. First run using the same logic in settings that I used in the Red Bull, got me a record matching 206.5 MPH.

Some 2.2 MPH faster, and I know why.

There you go. THAT'S why Joes faster than everyone else.
So, for records sake :

2010 Ford Fusion #43 = 206.5 MPH
2011 Toyota Camry #83 = 204.3 MPH
2011 Chevrolet Impala #48 = 204.1 MPH

I got her #83 to 205.5mph on test track. Used joe's settings but with higher spring rates approx. 12's. Also with my camber n toe settings, and my custom damper and antirollbar settings. So this breakdown isn't necessarily true. I bet if I spend another 5 hours on the test track another night, I can slam the rear down n add full aero to rear to my settings and maybe raise the final gear slightly I can beat a 206.5mph.

Last edited:
I found out which setting was ruining my handling in the turns, and I've adjusted it fully in the opposite direction now.

I was getting 192mph with this setting maxed out, so I reduced another setting all the way and got back to 194mph. So my top speed on my own while online with a full tank of fuel is 194mph (on the back straight, not the front straight with the elevation change).

I was also in the 192 to 194 zone. But I was able to test for five hours on test track n practice mode, so I was able to tweak to 195mph. If I find time during the week I will try to find another mph to add to that. BTW I noticed everyone uses their daytona tune at SSRX and its good, just gotta raise the transmission. But try tuning SSRX from scratch with speed and handling in the corners in mind. Now take that tune that is badass for SSRX n take it to daytona. It blows, it feels to loose. I think this is due to how smooth SSRX is compared to daytona. I'm able to run generally a soft tune at SSRX compared to a hard tune at daytona. But I just thought that it was weird how one will work at the other but it doesn't work vise versa. Ok enough now, bedtime

JakobNascar88
Who's up for SSRX?

Don't mean to be disrespectful but I don't think anybody here wants to race with you anymore Jakob. You have been given enough opportunities but just can't seem to learn the basics.

You have ruined too many people's races, and even as recent as the last two big races here and in the Indy Series.

Sorry, but I felt it had to be said.

Don't mean to be disrespectful but I don't think anybody here wants to race with you anymore Jakob. You have been given enough opportunities but just can't seem to learn the basics.

You have ruined too many people's races, and even as recent as the last two big races here and in the Indy Series.

Sorry, but I felt it had to be said.

I was did nothing in the 7th race of the season.

Sorry, but I was blocking. I won't do that no more.

Last edited:
JakobNascar88
I was did nothing in the 7th race of the season.

Sorry, but I was blocking. I won't do that no more.

You don't understand at all, and personally I can't see that you will.

Apologies for doing this public but needed to be said. It's now too important part of the season to be worrying about liabilities.

I've said my piece and if you still can't understand what you need to learn from watching back the races, then there is nothing more to say.

Sorry to the other guys if you disagree with me or don't like how I have put this over, but please don't turn this into a slating thread.

You don't understand at all, and personally I can't see that you will.

Apologies for doing this public but needed to be said. It's now too important part of the season to be worrying about liabilities.

I've said my piece and if you still can't understand what you need to learn from watching back the races, then there is nothing more to say.

Sorry to the other guys if you disagree with me or don't like how I have put this over, but please don't turn this into a slating thread.

You know my take on this after Friday night. I think it's unfair that a front runner in the Chase has to worry about being punted off the track as happened multiple times in IndyCar this week.

Started testing with the top speed test with my blue #83 and I'm stuck at 206.0. I've had trans as low as 215 and as high as 321 and no change. Also no change in top speed changing LSD from 60 60 5 to 5 5 5 just acceleration off the line.

Started testing with the top speed test with my blue #83 and I'm stuck at 206.0. I've had trans as low as 215 and as high as 321 and no change. Also no change in top speed changing LSD from 60 60 5 to 5 5 5 just acceleration off the line.

Sweet! So u got blue at 206 and silver at 205. Ill get up to 206 tonite n ill post more too.

Oh n about jakob knelly, he hasn't done me wrong yet, he has actually been a team player for me, mudd n dowhat lately. Teamplayers r usually dirty players at best sadly. But I totally agree with ur side of the story n totally c where u r coming from with this. I feel that droptop should have the say on this n with anybody else who impeeds our races. So my vote is nuetral

Plus who would b mudds full time second driver? I think smuffy is his third seat? But he is part time I think

Last edited:
I also tried different tires RS 206.4 SS 205.9 SH 205.5. Bought a new 2010 Ford #99 same tune 206.5 and bought a new 2010 #83 @ 206.1. New 2010 #14 @ 206.4. Tried silver #83 204.6. Springs are different and there are some other differences between cars.

Last edited:
I enjoy racing with you guys and I'm trying to do better. To help keep the Chase clean, I will stay out of the leaders way (which start in last place and take my time and help my teammate Mudd) until the championship is done. Thank you for being patient.

Its certainly not my decision, but I feel Jakob needs more seasoning before hes ready to race in high level leagues such as GTP NASCAR and Indycar.

Plenty of legitimate concerns pointed out over the past day. I guess I should weigh in.

I joined GTP 11 months ago and immediately joined a racing series after it was two races into a season. The first corner, of the first lap, of my first organized league race, I managed to punt the current point leader strait into the sand. I then followed that up with punting him consecutively two more times, in the next two races. I felt like a complete noob, and contemplated never showing my avatar around these parts again. The same driver I punted several weeks in a row then sent me a psn message inviting me into a league practice room. Several of the guys in there worked with me for quite a while and taught me all I know about 'race etiquette' and being patient for the position and such. Long story short, I wouldn't know a single one of the racers in here if some other skilled racers hadn't taken the time to teach a noob. Therefor, I will always have extra patience for the less experienced drivers that are clearly putting in the effort to improve and better themselves as an online gamer.

That said, this league is full of some of the best online NASCAR drivers I've ever seen, and there does seem to be a wide gap between some experience levels. Like Crazy posted, I have not personally had the bad experiences that some of you have with this issue. I have been working with Jakob and giving him pointers and advice, and I have definately seen improvement from the first time I shared the track with him. I personally don't have any problem with continuing to race and share the track with him, but I also very much understand the concern with the chase starting. Not sure if all that helps anything, but that's how I feel about it.

Sorry guys i tried to race sat. but i was sick, showed up late, grabbed the wrong car etc. etc.

Jakob, 4 of the next 5 races are on ovals. I suggest you ride at the back, save your tires, and let the race come to you. You will gain alot more respect from the other drivers and you will probably end with a better finish. Alot of us ride at the back every week yet we still have great finishes. I had some great racing with you at suzuka, hopefully it continues.

If he had kept his mic on both last night and the Indy race, Jakob could have heard plenty of people trying to give him in race advice so as to a) remain a lead group contender and avoid the second pack potentially closing or b) not get involved in battling the lead group when he was laps down, and thus causing cautions by tangling with lead pack.

The only time he came on mic was after he was left out to dry, and not while causing concerns for others.

I do hear and completely accept what you're saying though Mudd. I was awful when I first got online, but I did have the common sense to put into practice what I was learning which included things like patience, strategy, cleanness, repetitiveness etc. It's things like this that gain you respect over time.

Guys like Niop and Joe are not just respected as some if the best out there because they are fast. It's because if the way they race, hard but clean (most if the time ;) ).

Not trying to defend what I was saying earlier. Just felt I should respond as I started this topic.

Drops decision at the end of the day.

I think we all know Jakob means well, but I can't risk letting him take to the track during our five-race Chase. We have all been very patient with him, and tried to help him with advice, but the improvement just hasn't been there.

I know he has a mic now, but I feel like he uses it to tell us he is sorry and to ask for help after an accident, rather than having effective two-way communication during a race.

His lack of patience, situational awareness, and race etiquette shows that he is either incapable of following our advice, or he just thinks he has to try to lead every lap, even when the situation dictates that patience and teamwork would be significantly more advantageous (like this past Saturday). His frequent propensity for causing very avoidable accidents has left with me with no other choice.

Jakob will not be allowed on track for the final five races this season. At the beginning of season three, he can be reevaluated by the five new team owners, and they can decide whether or not he has shown enough improvement to warrant a seat in a full time ride.

No problem drop. I just want the chase to be clean and that what matters.

I will find a driver who will sub in for me who is good. (not trips)

Last edited:
Good job being mature about this, Jakob, that right there is showing us improvement. I think we've still got a couple reserve drivers lined up, so you don't have to worry about a substitute driver for the #42. For the time being, you should keep practicing, specifically practice following someone at the Super Speedways without passing them or causing a spin.

TO: JAKOB

For the time being, you should keep practicing, specifically practice following someone at the Super Speedways without passing them or causing a spin.

^This right there shows skill, refer to my a$$hole driving........

There is a big difference between blocking and intentionally trying to significantly impede cars lap after lap. Blocking is when you stay in the low line and force a faster car to go by on the high side. Constantly swerving in and out between cars (that are three laps ahead of you and battling for the win in the late stages of the race, I might add) that are bumpdrafting and running cars up into the fence when you are given three lanes on the bottom to work with is over the line.

No u didn't furi but I did, so i dk if ill race with u guys anymore as it seems like no one probably wants me here. In my defense I had a 3 stop strategy that turned into 4 because of DBuckeyes. I was only pushin so I could get a lap back but noone wanted any. And I was pissn drop n acdc off to help my allies gain ground but they didn't even take advantage of it. IMO its daytona, **** happens n now everyone is acting like its not NASCAR. And btw with all these championships embedded into this series, u didn't think it would get a little dirty when it came down to it. Well sorry to all n I'm pist off too so maybe I c u next week or not. Also in my defense I never pitted the leaders even with all the opportunity I still held back. And it doesn't show I suck, it shows that I'm good with messin with others on track at about 2 hours into a race.

homeslice, I want to thank you for setting an example in how it's possible to help other drivers without impeding the rest of the guys. You never once helped me or ACDC with a draft or a push, but you also never ran us off of our line or crowded us into the wall. You repeatedly dropped back and picked up a driver that was racing alone, helping them and hurting no one else. Thank you for doing it the right way.

And for the record, this may be another reason (maybe lag)...

This is at my grandparents' house
[/URL

See get some practice, some patience, loose the anger and get a better connection. And join us in the off season for some real practice too.

Mudd
Good job being mature about this, Jakob, that right there is showing us improvement.

This. Well said Mudd.

Plus everything that Crazy said as well. People will help you if you are willing to learn. One way I did was to watch back replays from the races I was in, but watched the entire race of someone like Niop or Homeslice, and watched not how they kept their lines or raced hard, but how they respect others around them, work with others etc. You will see that winning these races does not mean having to lead every lap.

Homeslice is an artist at holding back and out if trouble, till all others forget he's there, to more often than not grab a podium finish.

Race more like Mark Martin than Tony Stewart (until you can) and you will gain that respect you need right now.

Good luck Jakob.

PS Giants Suck!

The internet in our previous house was worse than the results Jakob posted and I rarely had any issues with lag. Speeds in that house were 1.94mb/s download and 0.35 mb/s upload. In this house I'm at 3.7 mb/s download and 0.37 mb/s upload.

The internet in our previous house was worse than the results Jakob posted and I rarely had any issues with lag. Speeds in that house were 1.94mb/s download and 0.35 mb/s upload. In this house I'm at 3.7 mb/s download and 0.37 mb/s upload.

My download is 18mbps, usually at 14.4mbps

And who is getting promoted to second seat Mudd?

Food for thought............

SEASON 2 REGULAR SEASON TOTALS
picture.php

S2 ROAD
picture.php

S2 OVAL
picture.php

First column is total wins, second column is top 3's (incl. wins), next column over is top 5's (incl wins & top 3's) & fourth column from the left is top 10 (incl wins, top 3, & top 5's). Then is # of starts listed. To figure Rating: Add total wins, top 3's, top 5's and top 10's all together and take that sum and divide it by # of starts. This value equals your rating. Highest rating obtainable is 4.0

Rating Scale -
4.0 perfect (i.e. 4 starts and 4 wins)
3.0 really good
2.0 good (where you want to be)
1.0 average (room for improvment)
0.0 poor (need progress)

It is kinda like a Kill to Death Ratio!! Enjoy!! There are plenty of more stats that I have. Chqr will be implementing them into the website for S3.

More food for thought going into Race 1 of the Chase at Daytona for 500 laps!!!

Race #01 S1 - GTP Daytona 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway (100 laps) - Droptop2001gt

1. Droptop2001gt (74 laps led) - 20 points +2 bonus points
2. RFLX-Niop (18 laps led) - 18 points +1 bonus point
3. Furinkazen - 16 points
4. GTP_BlacqueJack (1 lap led) - 14 points +1 bonus point
5. GTP_Akmuq (2 laps led) - 12 points +1 bonus point
6. GTP_Mouliouna - 11 points
7. Knelly (5 laps led) - 10 points +1 bonus point
8. Nascarfans0 - 9 points
9. DiegoC1980 - 8 points +1 bonus point**

Race #01 S2: 11-05-11 - Daytona 500 @ Daytona Superspeedway (200 laps) - Droptop2001gt

1. #88 Droptop2001gt (Pole Position, 108 laps led) - 20 points, +3 bonus points
2. #48 ACDCROCKS123 (15 laps led) - 18 points, +1 bonus point
3. #99 DBUCKEYES (31 laps led) - 16 points, +1 bonus point
4. #24 M-Stall41 (19 laps led) - 14 points, +1 bonus point
5. #18 Knelly - 12 points
6. #14 Mudd - 11 points
7. #83 CrAzY_bAsSiSt_83 - 10 points
8. #43 homeslice47 (1 lap led) - 9 points, +1 bonus point
9. #83 Chqr - 8 points
10. #20 Furinkazen (24 laps led) - 7 points, +1 bonus point
11. #42 MÜLE_9242 (2 laps led) - 6 points, +1 bonus point
12. #83 dowhat13 - 5 points

CAREER OVAL STATS
picture.php

DAYTONA TRACK RECORDS
picture.php

EDIT - Crazy, I can see that there are supposed to be pictures in your post, but no pictures display for me. Can you host them at www.imgur.com instead? (no registration required)

EDIT - Crazy, I can see that there are supposed to be pictures in your post, but no pictures display for me. Can you host them at www.imgur.com instead? (no registration required)

imgur.com is blocked at my work, I just upload the pics to gtplanet.

EDIT - I had it set to private, I changed it to public. I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back