CKR v.2...REOPENING SOON!!!!!!!!!!!

Very sad news about Marco so soon after the loss of Dan Wheldon.

Watch this space for the next review from me, hopefully posted later today.

New banner looks good mate :).

CKR is proud to announce!!!

That woodey04, v-fal and Clibby34 have been added to the Team as Test Drivers and in the near future maybe as tuners?

Thanks guys

Indy

Last edited:
Welcome V-fal and Woodey.

I havent been on the last few days , I needed a break from GT5 I think.

Im still working on the Yellowbird which is a big job. Also im working on a Suzuki GSX R4 ? then maybe a Lotus Esprit V8.

Thanks for the Update BB look forward to the Yellowbird, and we all need a break sooner or later, thank god we have choices....

Indy

Wow I can't wait to test your cars my friends ! As soon as i'm done with my 24h La Sarthe enduro race (in about a week), i'm gonna start my new job :)
As I mentioned to Indy previously, please keep in mind that I'm far from being a pro racer in GT5! However, I can say if a car is good or not, and why. Also, it is worth noting that I only have a DS3, no wheel, so please take this into consideration when I'll comment your tunes!
Thanks again, and it will be a pleasure for me to help you guys out with your tunes!

Thanks woodley

In other new we lost another Racer today Marco Simoncelli in a MotoGP accident at the Malaysian GP...http://t.co/hXu9HT0D RIP Marco

Yeah it is sad to see another racer gone.

I had this bad feeling something was going to happen in Nascar today,but luckily nothing happened.

On a lighter note.It''s good to see your recruiting more people to help with the garage. 👍

2007 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) Review
Tune found here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=213877
All aids off except ABS1
Tested off and online with Sports Softs at:
Cote d'Azur, Suzuka, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain

Love them or hate them, between the A-Spec races, the Seasonals, and the Endurance races, there is really no way of avoiding the ubiquitous Mazda MX-5 in GT5. Being Indy's first tune for Cone Killer Racing, I felt that it was important to see what he was capable of (I'm well aware of Indy's tuning abilities :))

Already being a jack of all trades, the Mazda MX-5 Roadster RS (NC) is reasonably fast, light, nimble, stable, and predictable from stock, everything a roadster should be. Jeremy Clarkson loves them, so if it's good enough for him it's good enough for anybody.

Indy initially said that he had taken it on the Mazda Roadster Seasonals, so that's where I started. The thing that I noticed immediately was just how dependable this little car is. Nothing phases it, nothing at all. Cornering is a breeze, fast-in-fast-out driving around tight bends is par for the course. No under or oversteer in sight. It's possible to throw the car into the corners at crazy speeds and feel quite assured that the Mazda is going to handle anything that you can throw at it. CKR's more powerful engine gives enough power to make her feel like a true track racer. The AI may as well have been riding bicycles.

Of course, I feel that test driving offline isn't a true indication of how a car feels, so I immediately went back to the Cote d'Azur circuit in my online lounge. The MX-5 still has that super-stable drivability with point and shoot cornering and handling. You can still brake late, and boost out of the corners early with ease. The only real difference I noticed online is that it is possible to get the cars nose to pivot after a sharp bend, BUT I really had to try hard to get it to do this. Stamp on the gas and throw the wheel over hard, and you might manage to put it into a wall. In fact, the only way to get the car to do anything silly is by being utterly wreckless with it.

The Mazda MX-5 Roadster RS (NC) was already a great car for those people new to GT5, CKR have not only made it pretty much bulletproof, but given it a real sharpness and urgency too. There are very good reason why there are so many racing series around the world with these little cars. They're easy to modify, cheap to race, and great fun to drive. This is CKR's example of that, and they've done a more than admirable job.

Last edited:
Thanks hyper!!! what a review...thinking of adding a "review Link" in either the OP or 2nd post...AWESOME WRITING Mate just fabulous...

have some more ideas as well, I'll start bouncing them off all the team after I get some sleep been up for a day and a half(pains real bad) nothing major just little things so watch your GTP and PSN mail....

Again Hyper thanks outstanding

Indy

Last edited:
Thanks Indy, I really appreciate the kind words! I'll be doing one of BB's tunes next (It's his turn :)). I'm cool with adding a review link. I'll have time for a chat online tomorrow, so keep an eye out for me.

Take some painkillers and try to get some good rest in the meantime.

Take care mate.

Hypersphere, your review is incredible, keep up the good work, and by the way you've reviewed one of my best cars in the game! In RL, i'm a huge fan of Mazda cars, and the Miata (and the RX-8) are my favorite, because of their incredible handling... those cars may not be powerful, but they can turn on a dime :)
Have a great day everyone!

Hypersphere, your review is incredible, keep up the good work, and by the way you've reviewed one of my best cars in the game! In RL, i'm a huge fan of Mazda cars, and the Miata (and the RX-8) are my favorite, because of their incredible handling... those cars may not be powerful, but they can turn on a dime :)
Have a great day everyone!

Thanks v-fal, that means a lot. I'm glad you liked the review too. I'm a big Mazda fan as well. I went to the Melbourne Auto Show earlier this year and saw this: http://www.mazda.com.au/Community/N...o make its Australian debut at 2011 AIMS.aspx

Stunning car! Reminds me of the Maserati Gran Turismo a little.

Have you tried out CKR's Mazda RX-8 tune on Suzuka? If not, you should :D

Thanks v-fal, that means a lot. I'm glad you liked the review too. I'm a big Mazda fan as well. I went to the Melbourne Auto Show earlier this year and saw this: http://www.mazda.com.au/Community/N...o make its Australian debut at 2011 AIMS.aspx

Stunning car! Reminds me of the Maserati Gran Turismo a little.

Have you tried out CKR's Mazda RX-8 tune on Suzuka? If not, you should :D

You lucky man, we don't get to see those nice prototypes at the Montreal Auto Show :) Could you sit in it ? Very nice car!
I haven't tried the tuned RX-8 (CKR) yet, but will do very soon! Now back to my neverending story (Le Mans 24H)... :nervous:

I haven't done the 24 hour endurance races yet, even with the race saves I'm still tempted to do it all in one go with a couple of friends if I can organise it. I know, I'm a masochist :).

Couldn't sit in the Shinari, but I could get up nice and close to it. The side mirrors were just beautiful, if a little impractical. My favourite car at the show was actually this: http://www.themotorreport.com.au/52...-shown-at-australian-international-motor-show

Very nice car, it reminds me of my very first car, a 1990 Suzuki Swift GT, but this one looks way better :)

Very nice car, it reminds me of my very first car, a 1990 Suzuki Swift GT, but this one looks way better :)

Heh, I'm actually thinking about buying a Suzuki Swift (my wife tells me I can't afford the RX-8 LOL), what do you think???

Last edited:
Hey got some sleep finally, to get up and find out that No DLC yet(apparently sometime this afternoon)..guess that gives me some time to get a couple tunes new tunes posted...nice hyper that Mazda is Aston SEXY :sly: not a Suzuki fan to many wheels for my liking:lol:
So off for finally shake down on two tunes and photo Shoot...

TFoDT
Indy

--ARC Fighter 2008--

viperpilot.jpg

2008 Dodge VIPER STR10 ACR
600PP
628HP
595ft-lb
1381kg

New From Dodge Dealership: Viper Black

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Wheels: PDI P525(painted Dodge Tor Red)
Aero:Type A Wing

Tune Shop:
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood: Body Color
ECU
Sport Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sport Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
F/C Transmission
Clutch:Twin Plate
Flywheel:Semi-Racing
Carbon Drive Shaft
F/C Suspension
Sort Soft Tires(S3)

The Tune:
Down Force:0F/30R
Ballast: 0kg (50/50)
LSD: Stock
Limiter:90.2%
Breaks: 4F/6R
(or to your liking)

Transmission:
Reset to default
Top Speed 211 don't touch(222)
Adjust Final Gear to 3.030 then adjust 1st-6th
1st: 3.433
2nd:2.326
3rd:1.694
4th:1.272
5th:0.996
6th:0.849

Suspension:
Ride Height:-20F/-15R
Spring Rate:12.0F/12.0R
Damper Ext: 6F/6R
Damper Com: 7F/7R
Anti-Roll Bars: 4F/4R
Camber: 0.8F/1.4R
Toe: -0.07F/0.15R

Tuner Notes: Tuned and tested online at Laguna Seca..Works on all tracks ran a couple sub 7's at the ring. simple easy and fast...hope you enjoy, feedback welcomed as always...

Indy

Last edited:
---AMG Dragon's Breath---

CircuitdelaSarthe20092.jpg

SLS AMG 2010
600PP
649HP
598ft-lb
1380kg

New From Mercedes-Benz(painted Grand Prix White)

GT Auto:
Oil Change
Wheels: Rays VR.G2(Black)
Aero: Type A (Front)
Type B (Wing)

Tune Shop:
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood:Body Color
ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter;Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
F/C Transmission
Clutch:Twin Plate
Flywheel:Semi-Racing
LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
F/C Suspension
Racing Medium(R2)

The Tune:
Down Force: 0F/30R
Ballast: 67kg/ -50(50/50)
Limiter:92.3%
LSD: Stock
Breaks:5F/7R

Transmission:
Reset to Default
Top Speed:205mph Don't Touch(223mph)
Adjust Final Gear to 3.580 then adjust 1st-7th;
1st:3.615
2nd:2.500
3rd:1.835
4th:1.425
5th:1.125
6th:0.949
7th:0.810

Suspension:
Ride Height: -15F/-15R
Spring Rate:13.1F/13.1R
Damper Ext:6F/6R
Damper Com:6F/6R
Anti-Roll:4F/4R
Camber:0.0/0.0
Toe:0.0/0.20

Tuner Notes:Tuned online loves the 'ring. My take on the AMG Academy SLS just a little faster..enjoy

Indy

Last edited:
The Ringer

What a nice calm and collective car drives very well and corners really nice too, was a pleasure to take for a spin and hard to get into trouble with :)

Heh, I'm actually thinking about buying a Suzuki Swift (my wife tells me I can't afford the RX-8 LOL), what do you think???

At the time it was a great car, nice look, reliable, fast (100 hp for 845 kg) and very fun to drive! However, in Canada, we don't have those genuine Suzuki Swift anymore (like the one on your picture)... the Suzuki Swift we have are rebadged Aveo's (GM-Daewoo), and nobody wants to buy that!

@Indy : bro, that Viper ACR looks absolutely gorgeous... I will definitely try it on Laguna Seca (my favourite track) soon !

Tunes added and thanks v-fal she's an easy drive around the 'ring.. deleted PM from one of the our TD's was going to add it to the thread...

More to come from my semi-demonic mind soon..think classic/old for forth coming tunes and a revisit/upgraded tune from the Originial CKR Garage that Hyper and I are working on(well kind of)

TFoDT
Indy

SLS & VIPER ACR

The SLS is an easy drive and very tame holds the corners very well howerver i found that it tends to dig its nose in the ground a bit under braking (may be my style of driving )

Now the viper what a beats good breaking, line into the corners but be aware if you spank it IT will bite you on the corner exits and you will see the back over take the front but its a blast with lead feet like mine :)

p.s wrx sti
its amasing now thanks a lot it drives so different :)

Was lucky enough to test drive both the SLS and the viper.

The SLS continues it's pre-tuned attitude, being pretty soft and easy to drive consistently. I found it didn't turn out brilliant lap times, but was fantastic for a fast cruise. While a pleasant drive, it wasn't quite fun enough for me lol!!

The viper, I loved :) Very fast, as woodey says the back likes to slide out a little, but this assists through the turns. You can read it coming, and only a slight steering tweak is usually needed to keep it in check (I use a DFGT wheel), while the right foot stays planted to the floor. This car was fun enough that I spent rather too long just driving around the nordschleife in it :sly:
This isn't a particularly easy car to tune well, so a congrats are in order!

At the time it was a great car, nice look, reliable, fast (100 hp for 845 kg) and very fun to drive! However, in Canada, we don't have those genuine Suzuki Swift anymore (like the one on your picture)... the Suzuki Swift we have are rebadged Aveo's (GM-Daewoo), and nobody wants to buy that!

Really? I'll have to check but I don't think that's the case here in Australia.

Don't worry hypersphere, i'm sure that in Australia you have the real Swift, the one made by Suzuki, as it is also the case in all Europe! I believe that it's only in America that we get these rebadge gm-daewoo!

Last edited:
Back