Clueless Tunes - Cleaning up (Nov. 23rd)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 3,040 comments
Onboy123
Is no an option? I don't want to die just yet. :lol: Kiddin', I'll run it when I get back. đź‘Ť

Thanks. It really is not that bad :lol:, I just need some outside views to see what it needs to be better.

Oh, you're good on life insurance right? :dopey:

Thanks. It really is not that bad :lol:, I just need some outside views to see what it needs to be better.

Oh, you're good on life insurance right? :dopey:

That really helps! Thank you![/sarcasm] :scared: Meh, it's good, the Esprit and Cien required an extention. :scared: :lol:

Okay had to yank the wing off the only "Flying Dutchman" I had. Not sure why it had it in the first place:odd:

Redid the transmission and fine tuning the suspension now. At 574PP (Think its a mileage or ballast issue making the extra 1PP) I'm turning consistent low 2:22.xxx at Spa in the Dream Car Championship seasonal. Good enough for a solid second place finish but no hope of catching that Jag out front. The front end grips like a beast but trying to keep the rear from sliding out is the real issue. (May be why I had the wing on it.:dopey:)

Anyways will probably give it a few laps on Trial Mountain in a few and then place it on share.:D

Okay had to yank the wing off the only "Flying Dutchman" I had. Not sure why it had it in the first place:odd:

Redid the transmission and fine tuning the suspension now. At 574PP (Think its a mileage or ballast issue making the extra 1PP) I'm turning consistent low 2:22.xxx at Spa in the Dream Car Championship seasonal. Good enough for a solid second place finish but no hope of catching that Jag out front. The front end grips like a beast but trying to keep the rear from sliding out is the real issue. (May be why I had the wing on it.:dopey:)

Anyways will probably give it a few laps on Trial Mountain in a few and then place it on share.:D

i gave Krenkme's Dutchman a run this morning , finding we're intresting , i'll give you're Dutchman a spin as well , see what i can do about that 2.22.xxx :D

I love testing cars at spa , much technical then one would expect at first , and so completely different from trail mountain if it can run good on both you can claim a well all round tune

Ok, I gave the Spyker a run earlier in the day, long story short, it's very tame. Though you did cheat with the ballast. :P I dislike cars tamed with ballast. But hey, 1:27s on Trial Mountain do to tell more of the story than anything could about the cars speed. It's still down on the STC and my Esprit JPS600 though. But really, it's very, very good. Just make it feel its weight, or lack of, and it'll be finished, I reckon.

Onboy123
Ok, I gave the Spyker a run earlier in the day, long story short, it's very tame. Though you did cheat with the ballast. :P I dislike cars tamed with ballast. But hey, 1:27s on Trial Mountain do to tell more of the story than anything could about the cars speed. It's still down on the STC and my Esprit JPS600 though. But really, it's very, very good. Just make it feel its weight, or lack of, and it'll be finished, I reckon.

Aahh, you found my secret to tame the rear end :sly:.. I'll work with the suspension to see if I can put it on a diet :dopey:. Did you get any understeer? DaDog said it had too much understeer. :dopey:

Aahh, you found my secret to tame the rear end :sly:.. I'll work with the suspension to see if I can put it on a diet :dopey:. Did you get any understeer? DaDog said it had too much understeer. :dopey:

Only if you drove it like aÂ…ermÂ…dog, you'd get it. Drive it like an Elise with some care, it wasn't an issue.

tokyor246w.jpg

The Skajaquada
Based on the Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO '64

Hello krenkme my friend,

Just to let you know that its been long since I had so much fun driving a car, the SKAJAQUADA is awesome :D.

Chat you soon mate. :)

Are you guys testing the Dutchmen with tire wear on or off? Also what do you have the grip set to...low or real?

Just ran mine on Trial Mountain with tire wear on and grip real and it was eating the rear tires. Only had about 50% rears left by end of first lap making control an issue.:scared:

cbarbosa
The Skajaquada
Based on the Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO '64

Hello krenkme my friend,

Just to let you know that its been long since I had so much fun driving a car, the SKAJAQUADA is awesome :D.

Chat you soon mate. :)

Thank you. You can also thank Desperado for waking it up :dopey:

Yes, chat to you soon đź‘Ť

XDesperado67
Are you guys testing the Dutchmen with tire wear on or off? Also what do you have the grip set to...low or real?

Just ran mine on Trial Mountain with tire wear on and grip real and it was eating the rear tires. Only had about 50% rears left by end of first lap making control an issue.:scared:

I tested with on and real. I had more a problem with the fronts going first. (To much weight transfer I guess ).
I'll put it through some more tests tonight and we'll see if I can slim it down :dopey:

I tested with on and real. I had more a problem with the fronts going first. (To much weight transfer I guess ).
I'll put it through some more tests tonight and we'll see if I can slim it down :dopey:
I have 28kg of ballast at -50...gives a 50/50 weight distribution.:dopey:

Got the rear end mostly under control but still wants to slide out in corners if you push hard.

Reason I asked about testing was because with the way it eats the rear tires with wear on my best lap was a 1:34.xxx on trial MT. with it off best lap was a very low 1:28.xxx...:odd: So wondered how DaDog and Onboy were testing.:D

Maybe if the two of us split the difference on our suspension setups we could get even tire wear!:crazy:đź’ˇ:lol:

Edit: internet just dropped on me before I could put mine on share so I'm going to Skyrim before I get really 🤬:mad:

Last edited:
Sounds like you guys are making some progress, i know it's a really light car to begin with. Even stock i noticed it had some understeer issues.

side note: Skyrim is really good and i'm either on that game or busting out mini endurance races with my buddies on GT5

Last edited:
Sounds like you guys are making some progress, i know it's a really light car to begin with. Even stock i noticed it had some understeer issues.
I'm not getting understeer unless you call missing your brake zone understeer...having more trouble keeping the rear end planted where I want it...:embarrassed:

I'm not getting understeer unless you call missing your brake zone understeer...having more trouble keeping the rear end planted where I want it...:embarrassed:

that could be part of it...the car is so light and fast that the corners sneek up on you fast:eek:

IcemanCG79

side note: Skyrim is really good and i'm either on that game or busting out mini endurance races with my buddies on GT5

Your car will be ready soon, just a few things to adjust and tweek. Look for it soon

@Desperado, if you're not on skyrim yet try my LSD settings. (I think its something like 12/18/10, or something close) see if that helps the rear.

I can really need to look into the Skyrim game :dopey:

IcemanCG79
you should man...the game is epic. i'm not really and RPG guy, but this game has me hooked. Got 70+ hours logged on it already.

My wife and kids might forget who there dad/husband is, plus I might lose my company if I spend any more time playing games :dopey:

Your car will be ready soon, just a few things to adjust and tweek. Look for it soon

@Desperado, if you're not on skyrim yet try my LSD settings. (I think its something like 12/18/10, or something close) see if that helps the rear.

I can really need to look into the Skyrim game :dopey:

Sorry boss, had to tweek your LSD settings for the Laviolette... Well I didn't actually change yours, but I am glad I arrived at a similar setting of 7/18/12 :)

My C8 tune is on share but seems to be headed in the right direction with 2:19-20s @ Spa and 1:25-26s @ Trial Mountain. Race soft, 590pp, 628hp, 910kg, and full 0/20 aero. Oh, and ABS 1, Real grip, Tire wear on... speaking of tire wear, it wasn't too bad either.

I especially love the 165mph wheelies on the back straight at Trial Mountain :dopey:
c8laviolette01.jpg

Sorry boss, had to tweek your LSD settings for the Laviolette... Well I didn't actually change yours, but I am glad I arrived at a similar setting of 7/18/12 :)

My C8 tune is on share but seems to be headed in the right direction with 2:19-20s @ Spa and 1:25-26s @ Trial Mountain. Race soft, 590pp, 628hp, 910kg, and full 0/20 aero. Oh, and ABS 1, Real grip, Tire wear on... speaking of tire wear, it wasn't too bad either.

I especially love the 165mph wheelies on the back straight at Trial Mountain :dopey:
c8laviolette01.jpg

Great!!! Is it on share? Mine will be for about an hour or so untill I pull it off to tweek it, try it if you feel like seeing where it stacks up against yours :D. I can't test mine at Spa (I refuse to pay for a game I already paid for... unless they add Road America... or my wife will let me :dopey: ).

I'm not a big fan of the wing on the car, but if it works for you great. Maybe we can have two setups. One fully maxed with wing, and one at... lets say 550pp? How does that sound?

Edit= updated the OP.... Took me long enough :dopey:

Last edited:
Great!!! Is it on share? Mine will be for about an hour or so untill I pull it off to tweek it, it you feel like seeing where it stacks up against yours :D. I can't test mine at Spa (I refuse to pay for a game I already paid for... unless they add Road America... or my wife will let me :dopey: ).

I'm not a big fan of the wing on the car, but if it works for you great. Maybe we can have two setups. One fully maxed with wing, and one at... lets say 550pp? How does that sound?
Only way to reach 550PP is to not do stage 3 engine tuning and limit your removable parts. Mine had full engine tuning and weight removal and the lowest I could get was 556 I believe...

Only way to reach 550PP is to not do stage 3 engine tuning and limit your removable parts. Mine had full engine tuning and weight removal and the lowest I could get was 556 I believe...

:grumpy: I only have the one :grumpy:... well maybe 575pp:idea:.

How is yours coming along?

Great!!! Is it on share? Mine will be for about an hour or so untill I pull it off to tweek it, try it if you feel like seeing where it stacks up against yours :D. I can't test mine at Spa (I refuse to pay for a game I already paid for... unless they add Road America... or my wife will let me :dopey: ).

Edit= updated the OP.... Took me long enough :dopey:

Yeah, I put it up on share... I'll have a go with your tune right now :)

Sounds like a plan... Thanks for updating the OP, I'll try not to get too carried away with my tuning :dopey:

Oh, if you do end up playing Skyrim be careful... Ive lost many real days in that virtual world. :crazy:

Yeah, I put it up on share... I'll have a go with your tune right now :)

Sounds like a plan... Thanks for updating the OP, I'll try not to get too carried away with my tuning :dopey:

Go nuts!!! It just may take me awhile to update :dopey:
Oh, if you do end up playing Skyrim be careful... Ive lost many real days in that virtual world. :crazy:

Not since FFVII have I lost days playing a game. That's why I'm Scared to buy it. :scared:

Go nuts!!! It just may take me awhile to update :dopey:

Not since FFVII have I lost days playing a game. That's why I'm Scared to buy it. :scared:

I gave your 573pp C8 Laviolette tune a go for a couple laps and here is what I found.
Test settings: Race soft tires, ABS 1, Real grip, and tire/fuel on

Trial Mountain: 1:26.585
Spa-Francorchamps: 2:23.120

The car's suspension and grip feel great, coping with the 624 ponies. You can really feel the weight distribution as you move around the track... It causes just a hint of over steer on high speed breaking and hint of under steer when near full throttle in the appropriate gear. Not a bad thing in the slightest. Tire wear is a little high, but this is to be expected from the camber settings on the car. Its has a great overall balance for a sub 1000kg ,over 600hp car without aero.đź‘Ť

I might have to try some ballast on my version of this car.

Oh, Way less drama on the straight at Trial Mountain.:)
krenkmetmc8.jpg

Theo777
I gave your 573pp C8 Laviolette tune a go for a couple laps and here is what I found.
Test settings: Race soft tires, ABS 1, Real grip, and tire/fuel on

Trial Mountain: 1:26.585
Spa-Francorchamps: 2:23.120

The car's suspension and grip feel great, coping with the 624 ponies. You can really feel the weight distribution as you move around the track... It causes just a hint of over steer on high speed breaking and hint of under steer when near full throttle in the appropriate gear. Not a bad thing in the slightest. Tire wear is a little high, but this is to be expected from the camber settings on the car. Its has a great overall balance for a sub 1000kg ,over 600hp car without aero.đź‘Ť

I might have to try some ballast on my version of this car.

Oh, Way less drama on the straight at Trial Mountain.:)

Thanks for testing it đź‘Ť. I made some minor adjustments to it (mainly painted it white :dopey: ) and is now back on share. I, sadly did not get a chance to drive yours, because we're trying to potty train our youngest :nervous:

Iceman, Clueless tunes (I hope) will have two (or so) tunes for you by the weekend... now off to the potty chair :dopey:

Edit= somtimes I get board :dopey:
mazdaracewaylagunasecam.jpg

Last edited:
I've been reading all the post, following your progression with this tune (or tunes). I'm impressed and wish i knew a bit more about tuning. I'm good with gearing and stuff but when it comes to suspension work it's almost greek to me. Can't wait to try out what you guys have done. I currently have to C8's in my garage so i can try both tunes i guess. I do have to agree that i don't like the wing on the car. It kinda takes away from the beauty of the car. I have a one painted Black (Spyker) and the other one is Orange Tint Mica. It's orange with a black tint in it...it's pretty cool. I'll do a phot shoot with it and post some on here. I just wish it was a premium car. Maybe one day we'll get a premium Spyker.

IcemanCG79
I've been reading all the post, following your progression with this tune (or tunes). I'm impressed and wish i knew a bit more about tuning. I'm good with gearing and stuff but when it comes to suspension work it's almost greek to me. Can't wait to try out what you guys have done. I currently have to C8's in my garage so i can try both tunes i guess. I do have to agree that i don't like the wing on the car. It kinda takes away from the beauty of the car. I have a one painted Black (Spyker) and the other one is Orange Tint Mica. It's orange with a black tint in it...it's pretty cool. I'll do a phot shoot with it and post some on here. I just wish it was a premium car. Maybe one day we'll get a premium Spyker.

Mine is done, and (I hope)will be posted sometime tonight. If not it will be tomorrow. It is a very fun car:tup:. And I do hope you enjoy the tune (when I get it posted :dopey: ). Right now its white, but started midnight purple when I started the tune. Not sure what the final color will be :dopey:

Back