Codemaster's massive mistake on release date!F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter witham
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
If you ask me codemaster's are making a massive mistake by releasing the game right at the end of the f1 season.

So I put this to you would you buy FIFA at the end of the football season, er no you wouldn't unless you are tight with money.

Plus think of the advantages of releasing f1 at the begining of the year, the could have a live system where you can do races with all the drivers starting in the positions that they did for the real race and you just become one of them or qualify your self.

I think it would be great to have some sort of live system so every week after qualifing or the race you could download details for the vitual grid so it matches the real one then race it yourself.

Thats enough about what I think, what do you guys think?

It's impossible for Codemasters to get all the data they need at the beginning of the season. F1 teams are very, very private, especially during the winter break, and aren't just going to let anyone into their workshops. It's much easier to gather data once the championship season has begun, which is why F1 games are generally released in the second half of the year.

All they need is the general figures car shapes etc then just release at the begining of the season with guesses on how fast the cars will be then update it as it goes along.

All they need is the general figures car shapes etc then just release at the begining of the season with guesses on how fast the cars will be then update it as it goes along.

:ouch:

Guessing never, ever works in sports games, or in any game really for that matter, I'd much rather wait 'till later in the season so long as everything is correct when it comes to performance, looks, drivers etc.

That's one thing that annoyed me with the patch, they didn't replace de la Rosa with Heidfeld nor the HRT nonsense.

You seem to be forgetting that not everyone has internet access at home. Say for example, they'd released a game based on the 2009 season at the start of the season...

By your logic, the brawn team would be at the back of the field, the red bulls would be in the midfield and mclaren and ferrari would be at the front. Those without an internet connection would be stuck with the game like this. I for one am glad that f1 games get released towards the end of the season than get released hidiously inaccurate at the start of the season.

Latest Posts

Back