Codies Secure F1 rights for "multiple years"F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 100 comments
Not buying F1 2012. I got 2010 and it was okay, but deeply flawed, and F1 2011 PC version doesn't work with my Logitech DFGT. I have to turn off Force Feedback to make it playable, but without FFB, the experience is just terrible. Codemasters is a very lazy developer, so i'm done with their games.

Dirt 3 didn't help either, the b.s. they fed people about having more rally racing, and bringing back what made Colin Mcrae Rally fun, was a load of crap.

errr
I dunno how you set it up
but running just fine with my 2 month old DFGT
the FFB for me was ~ 60% for Steering and 10% for environ (it set low cause the unit still clamp to the PC table with nakkid parts and hdd, so dun want to corrupt my 6 x 1T hdds )

I'm really not happy about the news. The problem is CM's policy of pumping out games once a year regardless of the quality. Then they do one patch to fix some of the bugs, which inadvertently creates some more bugs and then they are done supporting the game forever. It will be time to move on to next year's game. It's going to be an endless cycle. F1 2011 has some major bugs that will be left in the game forever because of this.

I also think they need a much better physics/suspension model. Setting up the car in this game is not rewarding at all. I run the same setup at every track, with the exception of gearing, and it is amazing everywhere.

The online mode is really bad and it seems to be dead on the PC.

Overall, I think it's a decent game, but I know other developers could make a better F1 game.

Well of course the game is going to be once a year, one for each season of F1. There does also have to be a point where development and support stops and they start the next game.

Thats just the way it works and we have to deal with it.

Or make your own.

First screenshots of F1 2012:

f1-2012-cota-1.jpg

f1-2012-cota-2.jpg

f1-2012-cota-3.jpg

And of the free browser-based F1 Online:

f1-online-the-game-1.png

f1-online-the-game-2.png

f1-online-the-game-5.png

More can be seen here (but there's not a whole lot more).

Not buying F1 2012. I got 2010 and it was okay, but deeply flawed, and F1 2011 PC version doesn't work with my Logitech DFGT. I have to turn off Force Feedback to make it playable, but without FFB, the experience is just terrible. Codemasters is a very lazy developer, so i'm done with their games.

Dirt 3 didn't help either, the b.s. they fed people about having more rally racing, and bringing back what made Colin Mcrae Rally fun, was a load of crap.

Dirt 3 had less Rally than the first DiRT. Fact. I thought the handling was great in DiRT 3 but the tracks way too short. Rally sprint yes but not proper rally. And the terrible screen tear eeuuugghhh!! But not all bad.

jcm
I would say that this is a good anouncement, except they hardly announced anything... And a child friendly sim is sort of scary to hear.

"We're going to make it a simulation of unrealisticness, and when you crash it will sound like BOOM! The fastest way around the track is to drift, and the cookie monster will be a bonus driver!" :P:

I can't stand it when developers take children for idiots. You want to know what racing game I played when I was 6? Gran Turismo 2.

Aside from more mature titles, a good game for an adult is a good game for a kid. When I have kids, I will never force that kind of mindless shovelware on them. :crazy:

Does anyone know how many years exactly they are signed for? It just says multi-year in the press info. I'm hoping it's a maximum of 2 more years because after releasing 2010, a load of staff left at Codemasters Birmingham and the games have never been up to standard since.

Does anyone know how many years exactly they are signed for? It just says multi-year in the press info. I'm hoping it's a maximum of 2 more years because after releasing 2010, a load of staff left at Codemasters Birmingham and the games have never been up to standard since.

I believe until the end of 2014. I'm not sure though, good question because CM in my opinion, is doing much better. Have not yet purchased 2012, but played the demo, and the physics are absolutely amazing. Graphics aren't perfect, but they are pretty stunning.

Back