Colin McRae killed in helicopter crash

• Thread starter daan
  • 193 comments
Shocking news that has knocked me for six! .. A very sad day and the loss of a Legend :(

my condolences to the families of all the victims.

That's awful :(

Apparently there were 4 people on board at the time, although nothing is really confirmed right now.

*edit* i guess it would be a good idea to list our memories here. im sure we've got loads

Going full whack at the network Q when I was very young

anyone else

Very shocking news. A great tragedy, and an awful loss for the motorsports community. Condolences to the families involved - extremely tragic accident this. :(

mcrae2001-2.jpg

Don't forget we lost Michael 'Beef' Park in 2005 as well as Burns.

Its a massive shame. First game i ever really played was Colin McRae Rally. Played it for hours on end. I used to have a massive poster on my wall of McRae, signed. Not hand signed but print signed. Still it was first thing i saw in the morning. i took it down about 5 years ago when i had to re-paint. I think its up in the loft now, i think i may go and have a look for it.

Nooo!! I have lost everything worth living for... When did Richard Burns die?

RIP Colin :(

Burns died Nov. 25, 2005 from a coma after a brain tumour. His death was only a major hit for the Motorsport world as the Irish fooball player, George Best, died the same day from kidney problems which were caused by drugs he had been given after his body was rejecting a new liver. His cause of death was listed as lung infection and organ failure. He was 59. Burns was 34.

Man......I would have never thought I would hear this ever....nor say this ever...

RIP Colin McCray

I remember back when SPEED showed the WRC events and Colin just leaving it out on the road in that Ford Focus!

The last race I saw him in was @ x-games where he let it all hang out to win only to flip over......Classic "Colin McCrash" racing right there. I'm going to miss that.

Could it be true that both of his children were on board?
I've heard lost of talk of his 5 year old son being on board but what about his daughter?

Could it be true that both of his children were on board?
I've heard lost of talk of his 5 year old son being on board but what about his daughter?

His 5-year-old was most likely killed in the accident with him (however not confirmed 100%), his daughter and wife weren't on the helicopter.

This is sad news, he was a good sporting character. Condolences to his family, not just ofr Colin, but for the 5 year old son and the others on board as well.

His 5-year-old was most likely killed in the accident with him (however not confirmed 100%), his daughter and wife weren't on the helicopter.
I hope Colin McRae was not on board the helicopter, when it went down.

What about his 5 year old son, I mean losing Coln McRae is a sad thing, but his son had his whole life ahead of him.

Unbelievable. Just shows how things can change so suddenly. Really makes you appreciate every day that goes by.

RIP Colin.

Quite agree there, Mark. I am massively saddened by this, as I was at Mr Burns being taken too. Somehow this one seems even more tragic and senseless :(.

I'm very shocked by the news, he was definetly my favorite WRC driver of all time.

R.I.P. Colin Mcrae, 1968-2007

:(

Huge loss to the rally scene. First Burns, now McRae. Two legends, gone.

Rest in peace, dude. :(

As an American I can't say I followed the WRC much but the one time I saw Colin it was on the broadcast of that one X-Games event where he flipped it and still pulled off a silver medal... man, I'll miss that kind of driving skill. :(

Not sure if it's a good or a bad thing that at least these guys aren't dying doing the things they love.

We'll miss you, McRae.

R.I.P. Colin McRae, the best British rally driver in the WRC. Condolences to his family. Its such a great loss for the motorsport community. Especially those in GB. He was an exceptionally good rally driver. But not only is he in the WRC but in the Dakar rally as well as the Le Mans 24 hours and the X-Games. A great guy none the less. Sad to see him past away like this..... :(

Back