Conservatism

DeSantis has to appeal to roughly the same demographic as Trump supporters but is trialing him at the polls. Even with Trump's current legal 'issues'. I suppose he has to do something to try and appeal to other demographics if he's to have any chance at the polls.

Aside from some Florida residents, picking on Disney was only ever going to appeal to the MAGA crowd. For everyone else, Disney is likely perceived as a pretty much well loved kids entertainment company. Coming out now and saying he's wanting to back out of it as it was all just for show isn't going to win him many fans, IMO. It just makes him look shallow.

Last edited:
These boots were made for running away.

F3ukvgeWsAAyDMb.jpeg

Last edited:
That mission having been accomplished—and with the prospects of a legal battle against Disney looming—DeSantis told CNBC on Monday that he has "moved on" from the issue. He also encouraged Disney to "drop the lawsuit" that it filed in April against his administration.

e6c360ad9632a63b7c67be632460aae6.gif

tedcruzbitchfit.jpg

Previously seeking only injunctive relief, Disney has since filed suit against the DeSantis-appointed board seeking damages.

Isn't Dylan like in their mid-20s? It hardly seems to be marketing to minors. But I guess not-American Cruz wants to stay relevant?

Isn't Dylan like in their mid-20s? It hardly seems to be marketing to minors. But I guess not-American Cruz wants to stay relevant?
The connie bitch said something about the age range of TikTok users despite the Mulvaney promo being done on Instagram with its higher user age range. It's incredibly flimsy. But it's also purely pandering to Republican vermin (the Department of Redundancy Department approves).

The connie bitch said something about the age range of TikTok users despite the Mulvaney promo being done on Instagram with its higher user age range. It's incredibly flimsy. But it's also purely pandering to Republican vermin (the Department of Redundancy Department approves).
If it weren't for pandering Unamerican Ted wouldn't have a leg to stand on. The dude does absolutely nothing and sometimes goes out of his way not to do anything (ie the power outages in Texas). He should probably go back to Canada.

But his take on TikTok is weird. Sure, kids are on it, but given the stuff I've seen, it's pretty much all people in their early 20s to early 40s making complete fools of themselves for views. I'm not sure though since it's just a Chinese spy tool and I'm not allowed to have it on my devices since Utah law says state employees can't.

I hope someone called Braindead Ted on it though, because how would he know what goes on with TikTok? I'm guessing he's among those wanting to ban it at a federal level meaning he'd have to use it in order to know about what's on it. I'd absolutely love someone to accuse him of being in bed with China over it.

The Blount County District Attorney's Office is threatening to prosecute Blount Pride organizers if "adult cabaret" shows are held at the Saturday festival, citing an anti-drag law that was previously ruled unconstitutional following a lawsuit originally filed in Memphis.

The event, Blount Pride, is scheduled for Sept. 2 starting at 1 p.m. Organizers said it was meant to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community in the area. It is scheduled to be at the Claxton Center for the Arts and would be the third-annual Pride festival in the Blount County community.

"We want LGBT folks, and especially LGBT youth, to know that there are resources in this community. There are people that will love them just as they are in this community and that they can build a good and full and connected life in Blount County," said Ari Baker, the president of the Blount Pride Board.

Leading up to the event, Blount Pride announced several sponsors who lent support for the festival. They included the East Tennessee Soap Works, Haven Media, the McNabb Center, Foothills Unitarian Universalist Fellowship and many others. Several drag performers were also expected to be at the festival.

They included Flamy Grant, a drag artist whose album "Bible Belt Baby" topped the iTunes Christian music charts in late July. According to her website, it's also the world's first contemporary Christian music record by a drag performer.

Ryan Desmond, the Blount County District Attorney, said he was relying on the opinion of the Tennessee Attorney General that the anti-drag law could be enforced in Blount County.

"My office is aware of the June 2, 2023, District Court ruling from the Western District of Tennessee that found the AEA unconstitutional and enjoined the District Attorney of the 30th Judicial District from prosecuting cases under these criminal statutes," the letter said. "It is clear from the holding and subsequent order that this enjoinder is presently only applicable to the 30th Judicial District."

A judge appointed by former President Donald Trump ruled that the law violated free speech in June. Opponents of the legislation said it unfairly targeted drag shows and the transgender community.

"This statute-- which is barely two pages long-- reeks with constitutional maladies of vagueness and overbreadth fatal to statutes that regulate First Amendment rights," Judge Parker wrote.

He also said it targeted gender identity — specifically people whose gender expression could be different than their gender assigned at birth.

"It is my conclusion that violations of the AEA can and will be prosecuted by my office, however it is important to note that we do not prematurely evaluate the facts or evidence related to a potential investigation into possible criminal conduct. It is only after review of all the relevant evidence that my office will reach a position as to whether criminal conduct has occurred," the letter says.

A Maryville College spokesperson also released a statement about the letter, available below.
"Yes, Dr. Coker received the letter from General Desmond, and the College’s legal counsel has spoken at length with the Attorney General. The College’s agreement/contract for this rental specifies that Blount Pride will conduct the event in compliance with all applicable laws."
The event will be free to attend. The festival's slogan is, "There's Pride in Them/Their Hills."
As ever, the purpose of conservatism is to utilize force of law to punish, hurt, and destroy those outside of favored groups, undeterred by constitutional constraint.
Republicans: Voter fraud is rampant, our elections can't be trusted.

Republican gets arrested for voter fraud.

Republicans now:

the-simpsons-homer-hiding-nothing-to-see-here-nccbbqv2ij1qkw3a.gif
Of course this is precisely why that rat bitch DeSantis wanted an agency to exert the ill will of the Florida executive for going after voter fraud selectively. Ignore fraudsters operating out of The Villages with its hard Republican slant and instead target paroled felons who were informed by election officials that they were eligible to vote even though state law prohibited it.

Screenshot-20230831-121449-Samsung-Internet.jpg

"As a matter of law, Alabama’s abortion ban reaches only as far as its borders. Yellowhammer Fund would not violate any law if it helped pregnant Alabamians access lawful abortion care in other states, and Defendant’s assertion that he can criminalize people who support such care offends the values of sovereignty and comity that are foundational to our constitutional structure."
Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall said the state can prosecute people who help women travel out of state for abortions in response to a lawsuit filed by a pro-abortion rights group and owners of women’s clinics.

Marshall filed a motion Monday in federal court to dismiss a lawsuit filed by providers, the ACLU and Yellowhammer Fund, which helped fund abortions in Alabama before the U.S. Supreme Court struck down the right to an abortion with its Dobbs decision.

With that decision the high court left states in control of abortion access. Some states, including Alabama, have severely limited abortion access.

The lawsuit, filed July 31, alleged Marshall violated the right to free speech when he said that individuals could be charged with conspiracy for helping women get abortions in other states. A doctor and a clinic owner said the comments made it difficult to advise or treat pregnant women, even those with complications. It stemmed from comments made in July 2022 on the Jeff Poor Show, a talk radio program.

After the Dobbs decision, Alabama outlawed almost all abortions in the state. The Human Life Protection Act created a class A felony for performing abortions, which is punishable by up to life in prison.

Marshall said on the show the state would investigate potential conspiracy or accessory charges for groups that openly fund or promote out-of-state abortions.

“If someone was promoting themselves out as a funder of abortions out of state, then that is potentially criminally actionable for us,” Marshall said. “One of the things we will do in working with local prosecutors is making sure that we fully implement this law. There’s nothing about that law that restricts any individual from driving across state lines and seeking an abortion in another place. However, I would say that if an individual held themselves out as an entity or a group that is using funds that they are able to raise to facilitate those visits, then that’s something we’re going to look at closely.”

In his in his motion to dismiss, Marshall further argued the state can pursue charges because it has outlawed abortion.

“Though abortion may be legal elsewhere, it is plainly illegal pursuant to Ala. Code § 13A-4-4 for Plaintiffs to conspire with others to procure abortions that would be illegal in Alabama,” according to Marshall’s motion. “The criminal conduct is the agreement (the conspiracy) itself, which is conduct that occurs in Alabama that Alabama has every right to prosecute. Thus, the legality of abortion in other States is irrelevant to whether Alabama can prosecute a conspiracy formed in Alabama.”

The First Amendment does not cover speech related to breaking the law, according to Marshall’s motion.

“While Plaintiffs’ clients may be allowed under Alabama law to obtain abortions outside Alabama, Plaintiffs are ‘plainly [not] allow[ed]’ under Ala. Code § 13A-4-4 to conspire in Alabama to help procure abortions.”

Attorneys for the Yellowhammer Fund filed a motion for summary judgement Monday that said Marshall’s language had chilled the speech and conduct of people at the organization. The organization stopped funding abortions after Marshall’s comments on the radio show. Instead, they shifted their resources into providing services such as birth control and pregnancy support.

If the attorney general had not made those comments, staff at the Yellowhammer Fund would have continued to fund travel to states where abortion is legal, the motion said.

“There can be no dispute that Defendant’s threats blatantly burden speech and expressive conduct on the basis of its content and viewpoint, infringe on the right to associate with others in pursuit of shared goals, and inhibit a wide range of expression about lawful out-of-state conduct,” the motion said.

Attorneys for the Yellowhammer Fund argued that authorities in Alabama cannot prosecute someone for conspiracy in another state where abortion is legal.

“As a matter of law, Alabama’s abortion ban reaches only as far as its borders,” the motion said. “Yellowhammer Fund would not violate any law if it helped pregnant Alabamians access lawful abortion care in other states, and Defendant’s assertion that he can criminalize people who support such care offends the values of sovereignty and comity that are foundational to our constitutional structure.”

A judge has scheduled a hearing Tuesday to consider Marshall’s motion to dismiss.
Modern American conservatism is mental illness.

As ever, the purpose of conservatism is to utilize force of law to punish, hurt, and destroy those outside of favored groups, undeterred by constitutional constraint.
Screenshot-20230901-121719-Samsung-Internet.jpg

That they were willing to violate court order blocking enforcement of state law deemed unconstitutional on the basis that the order came from a different judicial district (despite that not actually being how it works) leaves the question of whether they will abide by this order up in the air. I suspect they'll continue to throw their weight around because the purpose has always been to chill disfavored expression with threat of prosecution.

I've seen the guy on the left a lot today, and am concerned that he has the top half of my head.

Back