Contents of 1.07 update

• Thread starter sr16ve n1
  • 30 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
N15-VZR-N1
A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]
Friend Rankings
In Drift Trials and Time Trials, you can now display leaderboards that shows only your friends. While it was difficult before to locate your friends in the general leaderboards, this now makes it easier to compare laptimes with them, allowing you to compete just between your friends for the best laps and scores.

[Correction of Known Issues]
- The calculation of performance points (PP) which is an index of a car's performance, is now calculated without taking into account the tyre selection.You can now combine the performance point restriction and the tyre restriction when setting the regulations for a lounge.
- Fixed the issue where the performance of electric cars increased/decreased after a certain amount of driving.
- Downloaded replays from Seasonal Event Rankings can now be viewed properly.

[Other Changes]
- Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (Including those in a gift car ticket form) are now prohibited from being traded to prevent issues during the trading process. When lending and borrowing cars between friends, please utilise the car loan system.

**taken form the granturismo.com web site**

Trading is over.

Same thing! :) I'm just saddened this limit wasn't in place at the start. I've traded quite a bit, and birthday glitched a lot too, but only because I wanted the cars for online to race against everyone else doing it. Its a shame it wasn't like this on release.

How does the game state how much the car's worth when you can't even sell most of them? Allow...

You can't send cars worth over 1 000 000? Fail.

How much does the NSX Prototype Road car, and R390 Road car cost?

Haha this is so petty on PD's part. Attempting to create an artificial scarcity for cars that are included with the game we PAID $60 FOR was beyond dumb in the first place, but it looks like they're just gonna keep hammering away at it. Nice going PD, excellent sense of priorities you've got there.

Hi pd. I'm theflyingkiwi and I'll like you to know I am upset about this update. You were heading in the right direction with 1.06 and now you've gone backwards. You have ruined trading of expensive cars for what reason I do not understand. Thanks and have a nice day. Yours theflyingkiwi.

On one hand... I support the idea behind shutting the dupers down by restricting the trade of expensive cars.

On the other hand... I don't like being told what I can and cant trade or how often I can trade it.

But, other than lending a friend my F10 a few weeks before the 1.06 update, this restriction would never have actually affected me. Now that we can "share" cars, I don't see it inturrupting my gameplay at all. So, eh, it's not ideal to have these restrictions but I understand why and it is what it is...

It's better to have PD around and supporting the game post release than it is to have them never try to address the things that they see as issues (hello EA).

this is going to piss off too many people for it to stay around,

lets try complaining to them alot

The whole point of trading was that it enabled you to get the car you can't afford at any given moment. I mean - come on, I could buy any car below 1mil at any time...

Yeah but trading for cars over 1m would have be fine...had it not been for the backup exploit

This is all fine and dandy, but how about the god awful paint chip system. Why won't they change that? At least make the daily paint drops include some sort of random 'rare' matte colour.

There goes the Muira I was going to get for my GT40. New I shouldn't of sent it till the trade date. Thanks PD. :-(

This is really unfair to the people that started playing recently they are sooooo far behind all the dupers that they might catch up before GT6. They should have done this since launch not now.

Just wonderful. Thanks PD, thanks a lot.:yuck:
Good thing I've already done my big trades, now I have an X1, an XJ13, and a Mark IV. Looks like trading is pretty much dead for now, unless PD gets their act together and lifts this petty limit.:grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back