Update 1.07 now up

• Thread starter Keshian
  • 346 comments
Oh no. They had to attend to much more pressing issues. Problems like limiting gifts to one per PS3 and 1 mil cap. Don't you feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that PD have their priorities straight. :boggled:

/sarcasm

Thought as much, listened to wasteful forum dictators b*tching that people just aint playing the game how the dictators think they should and totally missed the glaring problems with the game

High five to PD for the **** up

I am utterly upset at the trade limitation..... I've been planning to make a 2nd account to do the money exploit for this exact purpose..........Now all those hours I shelled out were a waste? Now I actually have to work my butt of to make another million when I see another car in the dealership??

Do people not realize that Bspec remote racing exists?

I made 1 million credits this weekend, by doing absolutely nothing.

i guess i'll reiterate. somebody try and attempt to send another car worth over a mil that has the update. Im calling bs because i sent a formula gran turismo this morning. So theres a chance we were doing all this bickering for no reason.

It seems the one car per system limit is still present but there are rumors of the 1 mil limit being temorarily raised or removed.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128579&page=92

i guess i'll reiterate. somebody try and attempt to send another car worth over a mil that has the update. Im calling bs because i sent a formula gran turismo this morning. So theres a chance we were doing all this bickering for no reason.

I'm game as soon as reset hits I'm going to test this out by attempting to send the '01 Audi R8 Race Car (#2) to my main account from the trading account it's in right now.

What the frack did they do? Last night 2 min after the update I tried to send an F1 2010 to my GTP_DTS and I couldn't. Now today I can?

I sent an F2007 to my daughter (on the same PS3) and I can't send it back "daily limit" message?

What the frack did they do? Last night 2 min after the update I tried to send an F1 2010 to my GTP_DTS and I couldn't. Now today I can?

I sent an F2007 to my daughter (on the same PS3) and I can't send it back "daily limit" message?

One car per day per console. I.e. multiple accounts on one PS3 don't get to send more cars.

Bad news Dave about your F2007 because it looks like there is only a 3hr window for the temoraily removed credit limit. Looks like you won't be getting back that F2007 to your account from your daughters.

Wait wait... so people actually need to play the game properly now and they can't exploit the save file and dupe cars anymore? That's just horrible... people didn't buy this game to play it.

The point of GT5 is not to earn your cars, its to dupe them and trade with your friends and also make use of the birthday car exploit. Why do we need to race around a track to earn our cars? I don't get why PD would do something like this.. horrible update. I'm never going to race in GT5 again!

Did this update change or enable a higher level of damage rendering on premium cars by chance? I just noticed today I am driving a McLaren MP4-12C around the Nordschleife and when I smack a wall it appears the panels take more damage and become loser quicker like only the rally cars used to do, the aero wing also crumples more realistically.

mclarennordschleifedama.png

mclarennordschleifedama.png

Last edited:
02civicsi
Bad news Dave about your F2007 because it looks like there is only a 3hr window for the temoraily removed credit limit. Looks like you won't be getting back that F2007 to your account from your daughters.

Where is it states that this is temporary? "They" obviously have the ability to manipulate things like this outside of patches. As I said in the other thread, maybe he repealed it because of all the flack he received via Tweets.

With all due respect, save your sanctimonious crap for when they increase prize and car earning (and multiple wins) to GT4 standards.

Wait wait... so people actually need to play the game properly now and they can't exploit the save file and dupe cars anymore? That's just horrible... people didn't buy this game to play it.

The point of GT5 is not to earn your cars, its to dupe them and trade with your friends and also make use of the birthday car exploit. Why do we need to race around a track to earn our cars? I don't get why PD would do something like this.. horrible update. I'm never going to race in GT5 again!

That would have been clever except for the fact that what you call "earning" cars is what is actually tedious work as it requires you to continue to repeat the same races for very little reward in return each time.

Where is it states that this is temporary? "They" obviously have the ability to manipulate things like this outside of patches. As I said in the other thread, maybe he repealed it because of all the flack he received via Tweets.
As I said in the other thread it's all speculation until there is solif proof.

With all due respect, save your sanctimonious crap for when they increase prize and car earning (and multiple wins) to GT4 standards.
This forum cracks me up, thanks for the lawls.

That would have been clever except for the fact that what you call "earning" cars is what is actually tedious work as it requires you to continue to repeat the same races for very little reward in return each time.
PD needs to rename the franchise from Gran Turismo to Grind Time.

Gt6 the real car selling simulator. Use your wheel realtime trading cars on the line. No driving just collect you'r dildos ups mean cars.

E-Bay itself considers it illegal. Which is why said auctions are illegal.

The whole point (on PD's end) would not be that people are selling these cars... it's that people are scamming others out of cars and sometimes, even actual cash, with promises of X2010s and FGTs.

I tend to agree with this, based on the wording here:

"to prevent issues during the trading process"

I don't think it's a Sony issue, they could have easily taken action on their own by cancelling or suspending PSN's.

The legality of selling cars on Ebay doesn't seem like it would be an issue. You can't exactly use the cars without buying the game, system, and peripherals. Corporate is getting their share regardless. However, getting scammed on trades could potentially affect future sales of the game especially if it becomes rampant.

They should add a transaction choice. If it's a trade, both cars should be similar in value and then placed into a queue. Once those criteria are met, the transaction would be fulfilled. If it's a gift, then it should be expected of the giver to not be given back. As with any gift, the receiver may not like the gift. The receiver should be able to return the gift if it is unwanted.

Where is this sharing of setups we were teased with...

This is really going to piss me off.
Not really concern about the trade limit per console. Considering that I don't trade very often, I don't need to trade cars more then one time per day. I'm much more worried about the one million cap, which doesn't solve anything.

In GTPSP, there were two options for Gifting and Trading cars. The common/unexpensive cars were able to be gifted to friends, whilst the expensive/rare cars were only to be used in trades. Maybe PD are going to come up with a similar thing?

I'm learning that if there's one thing that worked in a previous iteration of the game, you can count on PD to screw it up completely, or just do away with it! It's how they roll...

Latest Posts

Back