Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Agree with this. But some are going overboard as many have, using terms like "slavery". That is hyperbole and only shows ignorance of context. Doesn't help at all. Can we please make an equal effort to stop that as well.
I’m not sure I entirely agree that the slavery comments are hyperbole. Don’t get me wrong, there are definitely people throwing false statements out there but I played GTA Online for years which has a similar economy to GT7 at this point and I would be lying if I said that I didn’t feel like a “slave” to the game’s economy simply because I wanted to buy something. I suppose slavery is pretty harsh, maybe we could compromise and call in indentured servitude? Lol.

As long as we can all agree that something is wrong and needs to be changed I’ll be okay, that’s what really matters to me.

Exactly. No publication should change their review unless it was not an accurate representation of the state of the game at that time (which would be weird to begin with). Additional reviews/articles with changed perception: sure. But you don't falsify history, for obvious reasons.
And that's exactly why they specifically designed the game so its flaws would only become apparent after the reviews got out. You get a load of good reviews first, so people keep getting sucked in, but when they finish the tiny career mode (which none of the reviewers have seemed to do) they'll discover there's nothing to do and that they'll have to buy microtransactions in order to actually be able to buy most of the cars they don't have.

And that's exactly why they specifically designed the game so its flaws would only become apparent after the reviews got out. You get a load of good reviews first, so people keep getting sucked in, but when they finish the tiny career mode (which none of the reviewers have seemed to do) they'll discover there's nothing to do and that they'll have to buy microtransactions in order to actually be able to buy most of the cars they don't have.
It's a ****** tactic, but quality outlets do followups (like GTP did) because they typically do not like to be made part of a scam/rugpull without their consent. The rest...are just extensions of the publishers marketing department and should be ignored in the future.

It's a ****** tactic, but quality outlets do followups (like GTP did) because they typically do not like to be made part of a scam/rugpull without their consent. The rest...are just extensions of the publishers marketing department and should be ignored in the future.
Unfortunately, it's a tactic that works as most of the games have already been sold. Follow ups only help people who haven't brought it yet like myself so we don't make the same mistake.

CTR: Nitro-Fueled pulled this stunt with a microtransaction inclusion patch (and then following up with a really expensive skin) and after minor backlash, pretty much got away with it. GT7 could potentially also get away with it if the noise dies down.

Unfortunately, it's a tactic that works as most of the games have already been sold. Follow ups only help people who haven't brought it yet like myself so we don't make the same mistake.

CTR: Nitro-Fueled pulled this stunt with a microtransaction inclusion patch (and then following up with a really expensive skin) and after minor backlash, pretty much got away with it. GT7 could potentially also get away with it if the noise dies down.
Oh they're already made their mind up that they're getting away with it, hence why the "apology" is on a hidden/unlisted page of their website and all social media channels are maintaining radio-silence.

They've already assumed this is going away.

Oh they're already made their mind up that they're getting away with it, hence why the "apology" is on a hidden/unlisted page of their website and all social media channels are maintaining radio-silence.

They've already assumed this is going away.
Man, I hope you’re wrong. You’re probably right but I’m either too stupid or naive to give up hope just yet. For me, this isn’t just about Sony and Polyphony’s shady business practices but the entire triple A game market in general. I just want to see one mainstream dev admit defeat to their fans to prove that the gaming community can make a difference.

Man, I hope you’re wrong. You’re probably right but I’m either too stupid or naive to give up hope just yet. For me, this isn’t just about Sony and Polyphony’s shady business practices but the entire triple A game market in general. I just want to see one mainstream dev admit defeat to their fans to prove that the gaming community can make a difference.
No Man's Sky is a pretty good turn around story. The game at launch was nothing like what was shown or promised, and there was massive pushback from that. But Hello Games has kept working for a long time to make it into the game it should have been. It's a shame it took them so long, but they got there.

It happens from time to time, but it's not just about the gaming community. We can push back all we like against bad business practices, but if the company in question has no interest in not being assholes then there's nothing you can do. It's like asking a drug cartel not to sell cocaine in your town - they hear you, they just don't care. Activision and EA know everyone hates them, they just don't care.

Given the mixed messages between the update and Kaz's statement, it's really unclear whether Polyphony cares at all about how the player base feels about what they're doing. For a long time Polyphony were an example of a studio that took the artistry of video games more seriously than the profit - that may be categorically over.

When GT5 came out, the only thing that could be scolded for was dampness. A lot of great ideas just weren't perfected, there was some imbalance, there was a lack of handy features like "save game" on long+ races. But the game itself was made with soul. Yamauchi then admitted that they simply did not have time to finish everything, and promised that the GT6 would become that ideal Granturismo that everyone was waiting for. Remember how long you played GT5? But we were deceived. GT6 pulled the maximum for the prologue. There was nothing to even scold her for, because there was nothing in her. Everything interesting from the game was cut out. It took 14 days to complete all events. We were promised a lot of updates and fixes. But who needed them when everything was eaten? The game just lay on the shelf. It was not a full-fledged part of the GT. And then came the GTS. And again deceit. What was it? A lot of people just didn't buy it. It wasn't a Granturismo.
The faithful audience of GT was simply thrown.
PD received GT6 and GTS sales at the prologue level, and when they announced the full-fledged GT7, there was a feeling that they realized their mistake. After all, they said the right words: This will be the most complete part of the series, which will take into account the interests of all players. It was supposed to mean a long career, interesting gameplay. But this again turned out to be a hoax - after 10 days the gamers went through a career. This is even faster than the GT6 which was the worst part of the series. That is, GT7 turned out to be worse than the most empty part in the history of the series.
I bought and went through from start to finish all the parts from GT1 to GT6. I bought a Playstation1.2.3 just for this game. The GT6 was a disappointment. Therefore, I did not even buy GTS and PS4 - it was not the game that I was waiting for. The announcement of GT7 has created hope that the series will return. But there was no more trust. Therefore, I decided not to rush to buy, wait for the reviews. And now, seeing another deception, I understand that the PD have abandoned me, I have no choice but to refuse Granturismo. Being a big fan of the series, I will not buy PS5 and GT7. I feel cheated again.It's a pity that Sony and PD came to this.

No Man's Sky is a pretty good turn around story. The game at launch was nothing like what was shown or promised, and there was massive pushback from that. But Hello Games has kept working for a long time to make it into the game it should have been. It's a shame it took them so long, but they got there.

It happens from time to time, but it's not just about the gaming community. We can push back all we like against bad business practices, but if the company in question has no interest in not being assholes then there's nothing you can do. It's like asking a drug cartel not to sell cocaine in your town - they hear you, they just don't care. Activision and EA know everyone hates them, they just don't care.

Given the mixed messages between the update and Kaz's statement, it's really unclear whether Polyphony cares at all about how the player base feels about what they're doing. For a long time Polyphony were an example of a studio that took the artistry of video games more seriously than the profit - that may be categorically over.
No Man’s Sky was indeed a good turnaround story but that whole situation was a little different than what we have here.

Essentially, Hello Games just got way in over there heads as a small (very small) studio and was forced to release a broken game after they got backing from Sony.

Polyphony not only released a broken game but also designed the game specifically to push players into buying their overpriced MTX to squeeze every cent they can out of their players.

The difference here is intent. Hello Games tried to make a great game without realizing the reality they were up against. Polyphony wanted to cash in on their brand name and sucker all of their fans into buying MTX. There is clearly more ill intent here.

I also just don’t believe that the community around the game has no power. If everybody who bought No Man’s Sky at launch inexplicably loved the game, Hello Games wouldn’t have had any incentive to make the game better. I also think there’s more of a chance that Polyphony will listen to the players than other, larger companies since Polyphony only makes GT games. They have no other games to fall back on if this one fails unlike CD Projekt Red, Bethesda and Rockstar. If GT7 flops with this much community backlash and Polyphony does nothing to fix it, it might be game over for Polyphony as a company.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Yeah I feel like that’s happened to me before but I thought I was just being daft lol

Last edited:
I really want the Sauber C9, it costs 3 million credits, which is peanuts compared to cars like the McLaren F1 or Ford GT40.

The only option left is to grind with the Tomahawk Daytona. (first race of the Pan America Championship).

Should I grind 24/7 just to drive a car in a game I paid $100 for? It's just frustrating how Brain AFK grinding is.

The incentive to drive championships is completely missing, since the time/credits ratio is absolutely wrong.

And then you get trolled by roulette every day.

It would be so awesome if, like in the past, you could drive championships as often as you like, win cars and simply sell duplicates.

Luckily I bought the DD Pro especially for GT7, my god, I could throw up.

Last edited:
I really want the Sauber C9, it costs 3 million credits, which is peanuts compared to cars like the McLaren F1 or Ford GT40.

The only option left is to grind with the Tomahawk Daytona. (first race of the Pan America Championship).

Should I grind 24/7 just to drive a car in a game I paid $100 for? It's just frustrating how Brain AFK grinding is.

The incentive to drive championships is completely missing, since the time/credits ratio is absolutely wrong.

And then you get trolled by roulette every day.

It would be so awesome if, like in the past, you could drive championships as often as you like, win cars and simply sell duplicates.

Luckily I bought the DD Pro especially for GT7, my god, I could throw up.

I didn’t have the legendary dealer, just hit 500k and thought yeaaaah making some money now.. that unlocked and it’s like the rugs just been pulled from under my feet 🤦🏼‍♂️.. I looked into easy grinding for credits but haven’t tried it yet as I’ve not unlocked many tracks/circuits.. just seems like a whole let of effort for little reward 😭

Last edited:
they full of ####, no ###### cars transferred or liverys done in gt7. Ai cars railroading you off track 🤔 last 5 roulette ive got the minimum you can get, you dont pay for a item fro. a shop and get a service, then they alter it so you have to buy more, thats a con! not allowed in a uk undr trading standards. and get a grip you are the problem in tjis world Snowflakes, oh dont say that you make me cry😭 grow a pair!
IMG_20220318_170106.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going back to GT Sport. Better career mode, better availability of cars, practically the same tracks. It just sucks I have to redownload all the patches, but even that will be better to sit through than repeating the same events over and over, earning absolutely nothing, trying to save up for cars that aren't even that expensive at all.
I just picked up a copy to compare, last one i played was 5, and im curious

He’s done another letter of apology about what happened and they are giving everyone 1 million credits as a sorry 👍🏼 That’s good I suppose

He’s done another letter of apology about what happened and they are giving everyone 1 million credits as a sorry 👍🏼 That’s good I suppose
Yeah I got the 1 mil, spend it on the 245K legend car, then most of the rest on tuning and tires for it. 1 mil is so little in this game lol. Did PD adjust the payouts? Otherwise it's a nice gesture, but doesn't fix anything.

Yeah I got the 1 mil, spend it on the 245K legend car, then most of the rest on tuning and tires for it. 1 mil is so little in this game lol. Did PD adjust the payouts? Otherwise it's a nice gesture, but doesn't fix anything.

From what I can remember yeah they have adjusted them, they added a few cars and tracks too but said they will increase the rewards more in time and stuff.. Google the letter if you can as it’s a genuine good read IF they mean it.. I hope they do (and on a positive Note, I won a car on a 4 star ticket)

Dear Gran Turismo Community,

Thank you for your continued support and feedback on Gran Turismo 7, your voices have not gone unheard. I would like to apologize for the frustration and confusion caused last week with our patch updates which resulted in, not only a server outage but also adjustments to the in-game economy which were made without a clear explanation to our community.

We know that this is not the Gran Turismo experience you expect and we will be making a goodwill gesture in the form of a non-paid credit pack of 1 million Cr. available to those players who may have been affected*. You will see this hit your accounts shortly. Make sure you log into the game before April 25 to claim the credits.

The patch update previously deployed was intended to rectify an issue with inconsistent reward payouts within a part of the World Circuit Events. But, to re-establish the intended equilibrium and provide more accurate rewards based on time investment and completion, it was necessary to recalculate the rewards system as a whole.

To improve the player experience, we will be rolling out a considerable patch in the beginning of April. The number of events will be increased, and we will reestablish the reward system with greater balance throughout the game to benefit all players.

Updates which will come into effect beginning of April:

Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
Increase of rewards in Online Races.
Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
Beyond this there will be a few additional patches deployed between now and the end of April which will add new cars and course layouts and make some other fixes.

Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term updates we are working on. We can’t confirm an exact date or specifics yet, but will give advance notice via www.gran-turismo.com.

Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
Further World Circuit event additions.
Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top ranked time.
Make it so cars can be sold.
We want to thank you for your continued patience and valuable feedback as we grow and evolve GT7 to make it as enjoyable and rewarding for as many players as possible. We always want to keep communication lines open with our community so that we can work together to build the best racing experience possible.

From what I can remember yeah they have adjusted them, they added a few cars and tracks too but said they will increase the rewards more in time and stuff.. Google the letter if you can as it’s a genuine good read IF they mean it.. I hope they do (and on a positive Note, I won a car on a 4 star ticket)
They adjusted them in 1.07, but so far I haven't seen any adjustments from 1.09. Everything I checked is still the same until the next patch in April.

Dear Gran Turismo Community,

Thank you for your continued support and feedback on Gran Turismo 7, your voices have not gone unheard. I would like to apologize for the frustration and confusion caused last week with our patch updates which resulted in, not only a server outage but also adjustments to the in-game economy which were made without a clear explanation to our community.

We know that this is not the Gran Turismo experience you expect and we will be making a goodwill gesture in the form of a non-paid credit pack of 1 million Cr. available to those players who may have been affected*. You will see this hit your accounts shortly. Make sure you log into the game before April 25 to claim the credits.

The patch update previously deployed was intended to rectify an issue with inconsistent reward payouts within a part of the World Circuit Events. But, to re-establish the intended equilibrium and provide more accurate rewards based on time investment and completion, it was necessary to recalculate the rewards system as a whole.

To improve the player experience, we will be rolling out a considerable patch in the beginning of April. The number of events will be increased, and we will reestablish the reward system with greater balance throughout the game to benefit all players.

Updates which will come into effect beginning of April:

Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
Increase of rewards in Online Races.
Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
Beyond this there will be a few additional patches deployed between now and the end of April which will add new cars and course layouts and make some other fixes.

Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term updates we are working on. We can’t confirm an exact date or specifics yet, but will give advance notice via www.gran-turismo.com.

Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
Further World Circuit event additions.
Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top ranked time.
Make it so cars can be sold.
We want to thank you for your continued patience and valuable feedback as we grow and evolve GT7 to make it as enjoyable and rewarding for as many players as possible. We always want to keep communication lines open with our community so that we can work together to build the best racing experience possible.
Yep I found it now in game. You have to back out to the music rally screen to be able to access the info. (I can't figure out how to select it on the world map)

Sounds good, except no mention of custom race payouts, which I prefer doing. Yet with more endurance races coming (with hopefully decent payouts) I can do those for a bit instead of setting up my own endurance races with paltry payouts.

Better online race rewards is badly needed, the on average 8K per race I got today is rather pointless.

I'll wait with the circuit experience until the rewards are increased. I didn't get any 'reimbursement' for the 5K I received for Monza and Le Mans, which were increased to 70K. With CRB, PD still owes me 195K :P

The limit increase is kinda scary. Please no 100 mil cars :scared:

Oh well, keep on penny pinching until the next patch.

They adjusted them in 1.07, but so far I haven't seen any adjustments from 1.09. Everything I checked is still the same until the next patch in April.

Yep I found it now in game. You have to back out to the music rally screen to be able to access the info. (I can't figure out how to select it on the world map)

Sounds good, except no mention of custom race payouts, which I prefer doing. Yet with more endurance races coming (with hopefully decent payouts) I can do those for a bit instead of setting up my own endurance races with paltry payouts.

Better online race rewards is badly needed, the on average 8K per race I got today is rather pointless.

I'll wait with the circuit experience until the rewards are increased. I didn't get any 'reimbursement' for the 5K I received for Monza and Le Mans, which were increased to 70K. With CRB, PD still owes me 195K :P

The limit increase is kinda scary. Please no 100 mil cars :scared:

Oh well, keep on penny pinching until the next patch.

I understand everything apart from this credit limit thing they mention.. what do they mean? They have raised the limit a car can be worth? So we could see a 100Mil Cr cars?!

I understand everything apart from this credit limit thing they mention.. what do they mean? They have raised the limit a car can be worth? So we could see a 100Mil Cr cars?!
20 million kimit on credits in your account at present (although mtx purchased credit is exempt).

Means you can store more than 20 mill in your account once update released.

B80
20 million kimit on credits in your account at present (although mtx purchased credit is exempt).

Means you can store more than 20 mill in your account once update released.

Oh rigghhhhht thanks yeah 20mil isn’t a lot considering

Latest Posts

Back