Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
i just cannot believe the whinging on here.
its a game, for gods sake.
have you nothing better to do than whine like small children cos mummy wont buy you sweeties all day.
if you want a refund please please do it, then stick your dummies back in and sod off.
"It's a game" will never be the clever rebuttal some of you believe it to be. And you're on a site dedicated to thing that you went our of your way to complain about others complaining about.

This has been the biggest fail from PD since GT5's delayed release of the release date. What a shame GT7 went from GT4 spec 2.0 to possibly being the worst in the franchise.

I have been playing Gran Turismo since the first one back in '98 (I'm 36 now) and I was in high school when I first made my GTP account, I was excited for GT4 getting ready to release. In school everyday I hit up the library, always checking GTP for even a shred of new news. The bar is GT4, especially playing that game after the content of GT2, being blown away by the graphics jump on PS2 like the rain mist on SSR5 in GT3 then it culminated in the magical experience of GT4. But this GT7? 😩

If Kaz from 2004 talked to Kaz in 2022 I'm sure he would shake his head and tell him, "What happened to you? Your game that made people fall in love with the idea that is Gran Turismo, and now it's just about the money and no vision? Wake up Kazounori, bring back that magic that brought millions of smiles to gamers around the world."

tombstone.png

*this is obviously satire

This has been the biggest fail from PD since GT5's delayed release of the release date. What a shame GT7 went from GT4 spec 2.0 to possibly being the worst in the franchise.

I have been playing Gran Turismo since the first one back in '98 (I'm 36 now) and I was in high school when I first made my GTP account, I was excited for GT4 getting ready to release. In school everyday I hit up the library, always checking GTP for even a shred of new news. The bar is GT4, especially playing that game after the content of GT2, being blown away by the graphics jump on PS2 like the rain mist on SSR5 in GT3 then it culminated in the magical experience of GT4. But this GT7? 😩

If Kaz from 2004 talked to Kaz in 2022 I'm sure he would shake his head and tell him, "What happened to you? Your game that made people fall in love with the idea that is Gran Turismo, and now it's just about the money and no vision? Wake up Kazounori, bring back that magic that brought millions of smiles to gamers around the world."
I have to agree with you. Im 36 as you are, same age and a similar story to tell. I’ve been playing GT since the beggining. Im still love the game but is not the same. I’ve spent almost 50 hours playing, i’ve made 30 Million, turn all licenses to gold, cleared all the cafe menus, and all the races, everything in gold. All that left is turn 6 missions to gold and the circuit experience (I just don’t have patience to do that). What about the exciting cupis/tournaments…and the endurance league!? And what about new stuff? Different type of races…different prizes/rewards… i confess that i will continue to play this game, but i’m starting to feel sad about it.
Sorry for my english, it’s a little rusty.

Well, I got some progress done today. Obtained the super license and Unlocked the dealership building. I think I am on cafe book 4? The one with the FF Japanese cars.

Looking forward to unlock the custom
Body shop

Polyphony Digital answers to Sony, he is doing as Sony tells him, whether he likes it or not.

This is not too different from Warner Media telling Tony Khan who he can and can't sign to AEW, Tony Khan owns AEW, but Tony Khan must do as Warner Media tells him.
Ignoring the fact that Kaz is and has been a Sony executive for decades, that's not quite how it works. He's not a slave. He's a man.

If someone is working a minimum wage job and saying no to their boss is going to put them at actual risk of not being able to eat or support their family, then there's some basis to phrases like "he has to do it whether he likes it or not". But Kaz is a wealthy man. He could never work another day in his life and be fine. If he got fired tomorrow, he has the skills, connections and resources to just go and make another game studio if that's what he wants to do. Look at what happened to Kojima and Konami. Kojima is fine, Konami lost one of their most appealing game devs.

And so Kaz doesn't have a gun to his head in the way that you're trying to paint it. Regardless of who asked for microtransactions, if there's something in the game it's there because Kaz agreed to have it in there. He wasn't forced and he wasn't threatened because they've got nothing meaningful to threaten him with. It's his name at the top of the credits, and ultimately he's responsible for what's in the game.

If he actually objects to something that is forced on him, he can walk out or do an Alan Smithee. If he leaves his name on the project as the creator, he's accepting responsibility for the creative decisions.

The reality is that Kaz is a professional game developer that has been trying to get microtransactions into his games since Vision Gran Turismo in 2005 (which later became GTHD and ultimately GT5). This isn't a surprise. He's been working up to this for years. What is a surprise is his inability to read the room over the past decade or so.

Great, now the Sauber C9 shows up in the legend dealer. 'Luckily' only 3 million credits, 67 times fish ranch or 5 times flawless final championship. That is if you win and get the CRB for every race. And who knows when it will show up again. To work...

Great, now the Sauber C9 shows up in the legend dealer. 'Luckily' only 3 million credits, 67 times fish ranch or 5 times flawless final championship. That is if you win and get the CRB for every race. And who knows when it will show up again. To work...
Well the game servers have been online and running since at least late February and the cars that reviewers/early players were seeing back then (Feb 24th) haven't turned up again yet (March 19th) and aren't likely to any time soon when there is probably still another 20 or 30 cars still to come up for the first time.

So in short, I think we're looking at two months, maybe more, for a car to return to LCD at the current rate.

EDIT: Since Feb 24 (The earliest we have any reliable data) these are the 20 cars cars that have appeared:

Alfa Romeo​
155 2.5 V6 TI​
Alfa Romeo​
Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106​
Aston Martin​
DB5​
Audi​
Sport quattro S1​
Chevrolet​
Corvette (C2) Sting Ray Sport Coupe​
Ferrari​
250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521​
Ferrari​
500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe​
Ferrari​
F40​
Ferrari​
F50​
Ford​
Mark IV Race Car​
Jaguar​
E-Type Coupe​
Jaguar​
XJ13​
Mercedes AMG​
Sauber C9​
Nissan​
Fairlady Z (S30) Z432​
Plymouth​
XNR Ghia Roadster​
Porsche​
356 A/1500 GS Carrera​
Porsche​
911 996 GT1 Strassenversion​
Shelby​
Cobra Daytona Coupe​
Shelby​
GT350​
Toyota​
Supra GT500​

There are 62 cars we've not seen yet, and my guess is that 37 of them will be legendary cars. It may be more, but these seem solid calls to me

Abarth​
1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1​
1952​
Alfa Romeo​
8C 2900B Lungo Berlinetta​
1937​
Alpine​
A220​
1968​
Aston Martin​
DB3S CN.1​
1953​
BMW​
3.0 CSL​
1972​
BMW​
McLaren F1 GTR Race Car​
1997​
Chaparral​
Chaparral 2J​
1970​
Chevrolet​
Camaro Z28​
1969​
Chevrolet​
Corvette (C3) Stingray L46 350​
1969​
Chevrolet​
Corvette Stingray Concept​
1959​
De Tomaso​
Mangusta​
1969​
Ferrari​
250 GTO CN.3729GT​
1962​
Ferrari​
308 GTB 1976​
1976​
Ferrari​
330 P4​
1967​
Ferrari​
365 GTB4​
1971​
Ford​
GT40 Mk1​
1966​
Ford​
Mustang Boss 429​
1969​
Jaguar​
D-Type​
1954​
Jaguar​
XJR-9​
1988​
Lamborghini​
Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706​
1967​
Lancia​
Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione​
1991​
Lancia​
Stratos​
1973​
Mazda​
787B​
1991​
McLaren​
F1​
1994​
McLaren​
F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu​
1995​
Mercedes-Benz​
300 SEL 6.8 AMG​
1971​
Mercedes-Benz​
300SL W194​
1952​
Mercedes-Benz​
300 SL Coupe​
1954​
Nissan​
R92CP​
1992​
Nissan​
Skyline KPGC10 GT-R​
1971​
Nissan​
Skyline R34 GT-R GT500​
1999​
Peugeot​
205 T16 Evolution II Rally Car​
1986​
Porsche​
356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster​
1956​
Porsche​
962 C​
1988​
Porsche​
Spyder Type 550/1500 RS​
1955​
Renault​
R8 Gordini​
1966​
Shelby​
Cobra 427​
1966​

Plus there are the four cars we only saw in pre-release footage. So a total of 61 legendary cars by my estimates. If they stick to the current rate of just under one new a day (20 in 23 days so far) then my estimate would be correct, a car will appear roughly once every 66 days.

Last edited:
Bro, the game will probably end up back in the box working or not, I laughed with the server issue, I don't laugh with the microtransaction stuff

I had to save up to buy this 25th version, I did it with pleasure but feel more and more ripped off since day three it was out.
Nothing to do with being childish, everything to do with thrust and expectations.
I vould not agree more

Well the game servers have been online and running since at least late February and the cars that reviewers/early players were seeing back then (Feb 24th) haven't turned up again yet (March 19th) and aren't likely to any time soon when there is probably still another 20 or 30 cars still to come up for the first time.

So in short, I think we're looking at two months, maybe more, for a car to return to LCD at the current rate.

EDIT: Since Feb 24 (The earliest we have any reliable data) these are the 20 cars cars that have appeared:

Alfa Romeo​
155 2.5 V6 TI​
Alfa Romeo​
Giulia TZ2 Carrozzata da Zagato CN.AR750106​
Aston Martin​
DB5​
Audi​
Sport quattro S1​
Chevrolet​
Corvette (C2) Sting Ray Sport Coupe​
Ferrari​
250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521​
Ferrari​
500 Mondial Pinin Farina Coupe​
Ferrari​
F40​
Ferrari​
F50​
Ford​
Mark IV Race Car​
Jaguar​
E-Type Coupe​
Jaguar​
XJ13​
Mercedes AMG​
Sauber C9​
Nissan​
Fairlady Z (S30) Z432​
Plymouth​
XNR Ghia Roadster​
Porsche​
356 A/1500 GS Carrera​
Porsche​
911 996 GT1 Strassenversion​
Shelby​
Cobra Daytona Coupe​
Shelby​
GT350​
Toyota​
Supra GT500​

There are 62 cars we've not seen yet, and my guess is that 37 of them will be legendary cars. It may be more, but these seem solid calls to me

Abarth​
1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T 1​
1952​
Alfa Romeo​
8C 2900B Lungo Berlinetta​
1937​
Alpine​
A220​
1968​
Aston Martin​
DB3S CN.1​
1953​
BMW​
3.0 CSL​
1972​
BMW​
McLaren F1 GTR Race Car​
1997​
Chaparral​
Chaparral 2J​
1970​
Chevrolet​
Camaro Z28​
1969​
Chevrolet​
Corvette (C3) Stingray L46 350​
1969​
Chevrolet​
Corvette Stingray Concept​
1959​
De Tomaso​
Mangusta​
1969​
Ferrari​
250 GTO CN.3729GT​
1962​
Ferrari​
308 GTB 1976​
1976​
Ferrari​
330 P4​
1967​
Ferrari​
365 GTB4​
1971​
Ford​
GT40 Mk1​
1966​
Ford​
Mustang Boss 429​
1969​
Jaguar​
D-Type​
1954​
Jaguar​
XJR-9​
1988​
Lamborghini​
Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706​
1967​
Lancia​
Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione​
1991​
Lancia​
Stratos​
1973​
Mazda​
787B​
1991​
McLaren​
F1​
1994​
McLaren​
F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu​
1995​
Mercedes-Benz​
300 SEL 6.8 AMG​
1971​
Mercedes-Benz​
300SL W194​
1952​
Mercedes-Benz​
300 SL Coupe​
1954​
Nissan​
R92CP​
1992​
Nissan​
Skyline KPGC10 GT-R​
1971​
Nissan​
Skyline R34 GT-R GT500​
1999​
Peugeot​
205 T16 Evolution II Rally Car​
1986​
Porsche​
356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster​
1956​
Porsche​
962 C​
1988​
Porsche​
Spyder Type 550/1500 RS​
1955​
Renault​
R8 Gordini​
1966​
Shelby​
Cobra 427​
1966​

Plus there are the four cars we only saw in pre-release footage. So a total of 61 legendary cars by my estimates. If they stick to the current rate of just under one new a day (20 in 23 days so far) then my estimate would be correct, a car will appear roughly once every 66 days.
Just wondering where this list came from,is it an official list of legends,also what makes a car lengendary?

Just wondering where this list came from,is it an official list of legends,also what makes a car lengendary?
The second list is just my guess, based on the cars left from the car list we haven't seen in game yet.

Their definition of legendary seems to be at least two of three qualities - very rare cars, culturally significant cars and very expensive cars.

So that's my guess for which cars will be classed as legendary, but I could be wrong of course.

The second list is just my guess, based on the cars left from the car list we haven't seen in game yet.

Their definition of legendary seems to be at least two of three qualities - very rare cars, culturally significant cars and very expensive cars.

So that's my guess for which cars will be classed as legendary, but I could be wrong of course.
Fair enough,good to know.I was hoping a few of the cars,Skyline KPGC10 for one,would just be UCDs.Nevermind.lol

Fair enough,good to know.I was hoping a few of the cars,Skyline KPGC10 for one,would just be UCDs.Nevermind.lol
That Skyline is one of a few that could go either way, it's hard to say.

They're definitely rare, so it ticks that box, but it's not insanely expensive, one sold last year for £150k. Culturally significant, I guess it depends who you ask but PD being Japanese, and Kaz's love for the Skyline series, I think they could class it as legendary. I probably would as well, to be honest.

That Skyline is one of a few that could go either way, it's hard to say.

They're definitely rare, so it ticks that box, but it's not insanely expensive, one sold last year for £150k. Culturally significant, I guess it depends who you ask but PD being Japanese, and Kaz's love for the Skyline series, I think they could class it as legendary. I probably would as well, to be honest.
Best get to doing what Kaz doesnt want us to do.Grinding!:lol:

One point that imho doesn't get enough attention in this whole ingame currency debacle is the inexcusable decision that you can't sell cars you don't want. If your alleged goal is to actually create a realistic protrait of the real used car market right now, why in the world do you take away the ability to sell cars for a good amount of credits? It is just a hypocrite way to make more people shell out real world money to get cars they want.

And then this excuse statement, which is just laughable. If you don't want people grinding, then don't design your damn game in a way that leaves people no other chance to get the most desirable cars, except for real world money. Actions speak louder than words. PD and Kaz have lost all their credibility to me with this game.

One point that imho doesn't get enough attention in this whole ingame currency debacle is the inexcusable decision that you can't sell cars you don't want. If your alleged goal is to actually create a realistic protrait of the real used car market right now, why in the world do you take away the ability to sell cars for a good amount of credits? It is just a hypocrite way to make more people shell out real world money to get cars they want.

And then this excuse statement, which is just laughable. If you don't want people grinding, then don't design your damn game in a way that leaves people no other chance to get the most desirable cars, except for real world money. Actions speak louder than words. PD and Kaz have lost all their credibility to me with this game.
Yeah it's like a guys starts a second hand car dealership irl but he is only allowed to buy them but never sell :dunce:

soon you will become broke just like PD want from GT7 players and eventually clickety click on the bank of MT button :lol:

I have to agree with you. Im 36 as you are, same age and a similar story to tell. I’ve been playing GT since the beggining. Im still love the game but is not the same. I’ve spent almost 50 hours playing, i’ve made 30 Million, turn all licenses to gold, cleared all the cafe menus, and all the races, everything in gold. All that left is turn 6 missions to gold and the circuit experience (I just don’t have patience to do that). What about the exciting cupis/tournaments…and the endurance league!? And what about new stuff? Different type of races…different prizes/rewards… i confess that i will continue to play this game, but i’m starting to feel sad about it.
Sorry for my english, it’s a little rusty.
I agree with you two too. I'm a bit older (46) but i've played every single game, including prologues and the bmw demo disc... I'm not as good as I would like so I cannot tell i've all gold in every game. I've less time now that i've then, and less ability as well. My problem with the slow grinding is that i need months to get enough to get a valuable car (with time only to a race or two a day it's is sloooooow). I use, when available, the afk methods to grind what I need to buy what I want and to maximize my enjoiment of the few time I can drive. Of course I paid almost 100€ for the 25y edition, and I think it's enough money to waste on a game. I cannot waste more money in microtransactions, al least not at this rate (120€ for the jaguar???). It's a shame that I have lost confidence in the game (or the developers) just becouse of the direction the game has choose. At least the daily rewards should be better (a car that I have and can't sell?? 5000 credits that can't buy even a racing tyres??). It's once a day, what less than 100.000 credits or so. To get 1.000.000 every ten days is a lot to ask for??

I don't know how to express the great dissapointment that all this is about to me. I've no problem with the server fault (I work in the computer industry and I know that **** happens), buy I have a very big problem with the lack of communication during the problem and, of course, with the, in my opinion, bad explication that they gave. To fix a problem is not to low the prizes. The big rewards are not going to break the economy of the game, because there is not such a thing. I cannot sell cars, or even gave then to a friend. This game is about car collection, at least to me, and to sell repetitive cars and to change cars with my friends should be a must.

Sorry for the big chat, but I need to show my frustation with all of this.

I wish they made a 'trade' option at the UCD, where you can put the value of a duplicate car towards another car we want. If the value of the duplicate car is more than the car being bought, then it's car + credits your way. Vice-versa if the car being bought is more expensive than the trade car. At least make the duplicate cars we were forced to take as rewards somewhat useful.

How long does it take you guys to do your daily work out? New to the series and I’ve only done 177.8 miles 😳 and it feels like I’ve been on it all day

How long does it take you guys to do your daily work out? New to the series and I’ve only done 177.8 miles 😳 and it feels like I’ve been on it all day
Huh? Daily workouts are 26 miles, did you already get a ticket?

I‘m sure this has been mentioned before. But I think this whole debacle would be solved with simply allowing us to sell cars. Even at depreciated value.

Kaz gave us some BS line about wanting cars to reflect real life value. So let us trade, or sell like real life. Kaz’s poor excuse just let’s me know that he is being disingenuous. I used to think he had some honor. Not anymore.

I‘m sure this has been mentioned before. But I think this whole debacle would be solved with simply allowing us to sell cars. Even at depreciated value.
This sounds like a good idea until you realize that the bulk of your cars in your inventory are only available from the used/legend dealership. Might be able to drop a few things but most of the stuff's too rare to get it of. It'll just be a temporary solution more than anything.

Not saying that it shouldn't be available, just that I don't think it'll be the big game changer that people are asking for...

Back