Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Logged in without problems, save is not corrupted, everything looks normal so far...

About the message from Kaz, I like he adressed the rewards change, and I also want to ask members of this forum.
The Fisherman race and the GR4 HSR and Goodwood Mini race that were the leaders in making money were all really easy races don´t you think? Dont you think the rewards for them were too high?

I also know they increased the prize of the WTC races witch members complained, there are now 70k kr I think, doesnt everybody agree that these races are suposed to be the "high value" and not some one lap race around Fisherman...

As someone allready said in this topic, I think they messed up in the beggining and these are the correct prizes that were suposed to be up.
Payouts were balanced for the economy of the game, a game where to fully upgrade a car i have to spend lot of credits and there are lot of cars priced at 5+ mil, now i have to grid double and cant even sell my cars, and i have to hear kaz saiyng "enjoy cars"

"And if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again."

Kazunori Yamauchi

:confused:
Basically, he doesn't want predatory microtransaction based grinding mechanics, but Sony is forcing it upon him and gagging him at the same time which is why we get this:

"It pains me that I can’t explain the details regarding this at this moment"

This happens from time to time in the corporate world, higher levels of management who do not understand a product forcing through their own vision by any means necessary, including gagging people.

When it backfires, have a guess who get's the blame?

Last edited:
Basically, he doesn't want predatory microtransaction based grinding mechanics, but Sony is forcing it upon him and gagging him at the same time which is why we get this:

This happens from time to time in the corporate world, higher levels of management who do not understand a product forcing through their own vision by any means necessary, including gagging people.

I have a feeling this is the last GT game that won't be entirely dictated by Sony.

I have a feeling this is the last GT game that won't be entirely dictated by Sony.
Based on how I've seen these things playout elsewhere, the individuals pushing for microtransactions will make sure that Kaz Yamauchi isn't a part of the equation next time around.

"It pains me that I can’t explain the details regarding this at this moment" - Whenever you see a line like this in a statement, you just know they're being gagged by upstairs.
He's the boss. He's not a child. He can say what he wants about the game he's the producer for.

He's using passive language to hide the fact that he doesn't want to give details right now. Or he simply doesn't have a plan, and is hoping that the fuss will die down of it's own accord. There is nothing to suggest that anyone is in charge of all this but him.

I don't see how "It pains me that I can’t explain the details regarding this at this moment" implies that Sony is forcing PD's hand to implement microtransactions. I think the "it pains me" part of the letter refers to the fact that he doesn't want to spill the beans on future content (or maybe he doesn't really know what the plan is... which wouldn't surprise me) considering the preceding sentence talks about "additional content, additional race events and additional features".

He's the boss. He's not a child. He can say what he wants about the game he's the producer for.

He's using passive language to hide the fact that he doesn't want to give details right now. Or he simply doesn't have a plan, and is hoping that the fuss will die down of it's own accord. There is nothing to suggest that anyone is in charge of all this but him.
Polyphony Digital answers to Sony, he is doing as Sony tells him, whether he likes it or not.

This is not too different from Warner Media telling Tony Khan who he can and can't sign to AEW, Tony Khan owns AEW, but Tony Khan must do as Warner Media tells him.

They need too add when your tyres are worn you have too buy a new set :)
They should make you pay for fuel as well during pit stops. Link your credit card to the game or no fuel.

It was bad enough that it took 4 hours playing 8 online C races with Fish ranch runs in between races to 'earn' a GR.3 car with tires. Of course skipping the online races would make it a lot faster... Now it will take 8 hours, 16 online races with fish runs in between.

To unlock a full stable of GR.3 cars, assuming there are still 35, ~650K per car (tire set + unlocks for transmission etc), need 22,750,000 credits = 505 new Fish ranch runs with clean race bonus, 'only' 29 hours of mindless grinding. Then you can start finding a car that suits you!

Repeat for GR.4, GR.2, GR.1. (How much is a set of GR.1 cars :scared:)

Seems like we are all being taken for a ride..

1*_RVfI6h5r4S3yjSQ5kNpPQ.jpeg

Why fix tomorrow what can be fixed today? please do explain Kaz don't leave us hanging.. you did take our money already so why make us suffer with no facts or solutions? just sit and wait and keep hush so to speak pffft :rolleyes:

"It pains me that I can’t explain the details regarding this at this moment, "

That reads as if they've only just realised what an issue it is and haven't figured out the solution yet.

This doesn't change the fact that a vehicle can drip at any point in time, and if you don't have the credits for it, your only option is MTX!

Only those with massive amounts of time on their hands, can grind it all day and make the currency necessary through in-game play before they're removed. To not return in who knows how long. But if forced rarity is the goal, then multi-million dollar vehicles are meant for the WHALES 💵 💲 🤑 💸. Legend Cars are basically Constellation 6, 5* vehicles, and we're all playing Gran-shin Turismo Impact. But at least Genshin is Free to Play AND gives users currency for server downtime AS WELL as for every hour over server maintenance. So at 300k for the maintenance, and 60k for every hour over, we'd be owed 1.740M from this game we all paid to play.

Limited time 12M vehicles are here NOW.
Limited time vehicle tickets are here NOW.
Time saving MTX are here NOW.

But we're supposed to wait for in-game ways to "not mechanically keep replaying events over and over again"?
All while he cuts credit accumulation rate 8n the process ? Increasing the time it takes for people to get said vehicles? Parts? Upgrades? Etc.?

These ways should have been included from the get-go!

All this says is he values or money, but not our time.

It's outright manipulative.

"It pains me that I can’t explain the details regarding this at this moment, "

That reads as if they've only just realised what an issue it is and haven't figured out the solution yet.
I think Kaz Yamauchi needs to have a conversation with Pete Parsons . . .

Fantastic example of reaction culture, I wonder how this thread will age... It will be a funny read after the full game is fleshed out. Toys have been thrown out of the pram big style, but realistically we are 14 days into a 3 year cycle... Ive immunised myself against this with most AAA games by buying one year after release, GT7 is a rare exception and will be the last one...

Last edited:
As I expected, Jim Ryan is the real culprit. He's gonna ruin PlayStation in the long run.

I understand Kaz's POV. However, I think the races could still use some tweaks. The slowest top tier race to earn credits from should give no less per hour than 1 million or so.

Right now, Fisherman's is still the fastest, but I seriously think most people would prefer to do the 5-lap WTC 800 races.

Back