Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
We need to boycott gran turismo 7 and get them to to stop micro transactions and make the game accessible offline for when their servers are down again. We have the power as consumers to make greedy game companies stop 🛑 their outrageous micro transactions pay to win practices.
This isn’t a boycott as such but I’m kinda done with the game already anyway. GT7 was by far my most anticipated game and it’s ended up the biggest disappointment. I thought they couldn’t disappoint me more after GT6 and the initial release of Sport but PD found a way 😂. Luckily I’ve gotten into PC sim racing since so I can go back to that. Still gutted though and not convinced PD will fix the issues.

Last edited:
So the complaints are about inflation?
That's a factor, but inflation generally affects wages as well. This was more or less the case for GT1-GT6 - as the car prices rose from 500,000 to 4.5m, income rose from 500k/hr to 1.35m/hr. But then car prices rose to 20m while income initially rose to 3.4m/hr before plunging back to 850k/hr.

A further aspect of this is that this income originally could come from interesting and varied events. Sure, there was one "meta" in everything, but you're talking multi-lap, enjoyable races and championships as the "grind" - some grind, considering in GT1 it was one championship... - and interesting alternatives that were almost as profitable.

Rally de Capri in GT4 was the earliest example of a bad one, as the clear meta and a two-lap grind of Costa di Amalfi 32 times for one of the most expensive cars. Dirt Champions was just the latest interpretation of that, with a single-lap grind of Fishermans Ranch (with the rally physics of mystery) 333 times. Blue Moon Bay in GT Sport was pretty bad, but at least there were two alternatives -- one of which paid out slightly more if you could manage the Clean Race Bonus.

GT1 was, if anything, probably too quick. There were six of the most expensive cars, so really it took six hours to have all of the "best" cars in the game. In six hours in GT7 you're halfway to a Jaguar XJ13 - and that's only 60% of the price of the most expensive machines, of which there may be five or so (quite difficult to say actually, as we've not seen all the 20m suspects yet).

Really, GT7 needs more events (it has a third of what GTS offered in numerical terms, and about a tenth in terms of time taken... despite having all but five cars and all the tracks from GTS; that's nuts), more interesting events, longer events, more alternatives to the meta, and a credit earning rate that, in the best cases, is at least four times faster than it is now - and which you can boost another 200% with a GT5/6-like Login Bonus. That would make it far more like the "best of Gran Turismo's past".

Instead of that, PD halved the rate of the meta.

It's pretty difficult to come up with a counterargument to the notion that earning potential is deliberately capped to make winning money as difficult and as time consuming as possible (while still possible for the determined and those immune to boredom) in order to make the microtransactions look like a good value proposition by comparison.

Certainly if you're paid $15/hr, the earning rate at FR is now slightly less valuable than buying a $10 and a $5 MT pack instead of playing the game.

most disappointing £60 i have ever spent on a game!

the whole in game purchase thing ON TOP of the game price and PSN+ as well to even play the game in multi-player is a rip-off!

i completed the final race series in a street car, without the super license... something you'd not have been able to do in previous editions of GT... in fact i saw no Gr2 or Gr1 races or series at all!

lazy, money-grabbing effort of a game!
So glad I bought it from Turkey for £37 :lol:

Picture please as I have never seen one.
photo_2022-03-18_15-16-44.jpg

It's in spanish, sorry. The red region...

That much is obvious due to the fact there is a post, something PD seems almost in capable of doing. They prefer to let the fans just sit refreshing the game in the hope the servers come back up at some point.
Yeah, releasing a client patch with no notes and before the servers are up is weird.

Yeah, releasing a client patch with no notes and before the servers are up is weird.
I'm guessing they're working to minimise the chances of anyone trying to connect to the server on the old patch; it'd be really interesting to know what it broke.

I know NLxAROSA, am just hoping it means the servers will return soon, but who knows whats going on. The lack of communication is farcical and also standard from PD. Why push the update out if your not intending to turn the server back on, it just makes people more annoyed. I was like "oh great version 1.08 is out it must be fixed" only to install it to find the games down still. I could have gone and done something else instead...

Last edited:
I can’t believe PD are forcing me to buy credits for the game. Fuming.
I can’t believe the game is temporarily unplayable. I’m done with it. Not going to touch it again.
I’m boycotting Sony from here on out. Can’t play the game because of MTX.
Can’t progress through the game because of MTX.
Can’t buy the cars I want without MTX which totally makes the game worthless. Why should I spend on money on a game that might last 3-4 years and I can’t even play it for 24 hours. Disgusting. Shouldn’t be server issues. No faith in PD to turn it around. What a mess. Can’t play the game because of MTX. PD have crippled it!!

Rally de Capri in GT4 was the earliest example of a bad one, as the clear meta and a two-lap grind of Costa di Amalfi 32 times for one of the most expensive cars.
Was this the race where you won the Toyota RSC rally car,sell for 250.000credits rinse and repeat?

Well it doesn’t look like it’s coming back even after the update, hopefully can finish this season 4 of Drive to survive

That's a factor, but inflation generally affects wages as well. This was more or less the case for GT1-GT6 - as the car prices rose from 500,000 to 4.5m, income rose from 500k/hr to 1.35m/hr. But then car prices rose to 20m while income initially rose to 3.4m/hr before plunging back to 850k/hr.

A further aspect of this is that this income originally could come from interesting and varied events. Sure, there was one "meta" in everything, but you're talking multi-lap, enjoyable races and championships as the "grind" - some grind, considering in GT1 it was one championship... - and interesting alternatives that were almost as profitable.

Rally de Capri in GT4 was the earliest example of a bad one, as the clear meta and a two-lap grind of Costa di Amalfi 32 times for one of the most expensive cars. Dirt Champions was just the latest interpretation of that, with a single-lap grind of Fishermans Ranch (with the rally physics of mystery) 333 times. Blue Moon Bay in GT Sport was pretty bad, but at least there were two alternatives -- one of which paid out slightly more if you could manage the Clean Race Bonus.

GT1 was, if anything, probably too quick. There were six of the most expensive cars, so really it took six hours to have all of the "best" cars in the game. In six hours in GT7 you're halfway to a Jaguar XJ13 - and that's only 60% of the price of the most expensive machines, of which there may be five or so (quite difficult to say actually, as we've not seen all the 20m suspects yet).

Really, GT7 needs more events (it has a third of what GTS offered in numerical terms, and about a tenth in terms of time taken... despite having all but five cars and all the tracks from GTS; that's nuts), more interesting events, longer events, more alternatives to the meta, and a credit earning rate that, in the best cases, is at least four times faster than it is now - and which you can boost another 200% with a GT5/6-like Login Bonus. That would make it far more like the "best of Gran Turismo's past".

It's pretty difficult to come up with a counterargument to the notion that earning potential is deliberately capped to make winning money as difficult and as time consuming as possible (while still possible for the determined and those immune to boredom) in order to make the microtransactions look like a good value proposition by comparison.

Certainly if you're paid $15/hr, the earning rate at FR is now slightly less valuable than buying a $10 and a $5 MT pack instead of playing the game.
This is usually a lot worse in countries where exchange rate makes dollar purchases a lot more difficult, and even if possible, hard to justify. The average player can barely afford buying games, let alone keep spending money after buying them. I've been playing GT since 1, and been a staunch supporter of PD and their product, but this is a slap in the face I have no way of agreeing with.

I'm guessing they're working to minimise the chances of anyone trying to connect to the server on the old patch; it'd be really interesting to know what it broke.
Nah, Games Studios and Sony can set minimum game software and PS firmware requirements for games to connect to online services. In this case GT7 will say "you cannot connect unless you are using 1.08"

GT1 was, if anything, probably too quick. There were six of the most expensive cars, so really it took six hours to have all of the "best" cars in the game. In six hours in GT7 you're halfway to a Jaguar XJ13 - and that's only 60% of the price of the most expensive machines.

I should have started with the minimum wage example. It's a good way to see it.

Some play this game as if they're mining bit coin. It's not wrong to do but it's not how the game was intended to be played. And this causes a huge gap between players who play differently. Thus a huge gap in the economy.

Lowering wages for everyone is the suckiest but easiest way to rememedy that quickly. As you say adding more event would be a better longer term solution.

Last edited:
If they just randomly gave one out of 5 cars to win a championship, and not a single car one time, people would play and play the championships endlessly to win them, and make money along the way.
This simple thing would make grinding so much more enjoyable and satisfying.

I just wonder if they are going to extend our dealership invites. As of now I have about 20hrs to make 2.5 mil for the Ferrari I was working towards. In other words they hosed me out of my opportunity with this down time.

Nah, Games Studios and Sony can set minimum game software and PS firmware requirements for games to connect to online services. In this case GT7 will say "you cannot connect unless you are using 1.08"
You're right, but it depends if the 1.07 code is smart enough to detect that it's not on the right patch before attempting to connect to PD's servers. I'd give it a 50/50 chance, which is a higher chance than I give Sony or PD coming out and explaining in full what broke in 1.07.

I wanted to explain what happened in this update.

Immediately before the release of the 1.07 update, we discovered an issue where the game would not start properly in some cases on product versions for the PS4 and PS5.

This was a rare issue that was not seen during tests on the development hardware or the QA sessions prior to the release, but in order to prioritize the safety of the save data of the users, we decided to interrupt the release of the 1.07 update, and to make a 1.08 correctional update.

This is the reason for the delay.
My sincere apologies for the late report to everyone.

Also in this update, some event rewards have been adjusted. I wanted to also explain the reasons for it and our plans going forward.

In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions.
At the same time the pricing of cars is an important element that conveys their value and rarity, so I do think it’s important for it to be linked with the real world prices.
I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars lots of different ways, and if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again.

We will in time let you know the update plans for additional content, additional race events and additional features that will constructively resolve this.
It pains me that I can’t explain the details regarding this at this moment, but we plan on continuing to revise GT7 so that as many players as possible can enjoy the game.
We would really appreciate it if everyone could watch over the growth of Gran Turismo 7 from a somewhat longer term point of view.

Kazunori Yamauchi

It's back up!!! No patch note so far, guess its the same as 1.07 minus the game breaking bug. There are new barriers on race C at the bus stop.

Last edited:
Back