Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Update 1.08 installed without problem for me, servers still in maintenance people don´t panic that update doesnt work.

But the lack of comunication is really not cool from PD 😔

It's not the first nor the last time that PD behaves like that to his consumers, so it's nothing new that their transparency is close to none.

It's uninstalled but still downloaded the update for some bizarre reason, so I got curious. (They refunded me but appear to have allowed me to keep the game??)
A similar thing happened to me when PS Support refunded me about GTA Trilogy. You won't keep the game obviously, it's just that the network hasn't updated to remove any traces that you own the game.

You can't remember it that vividly, given that you could get any car in GT1 in one hour and any car in GT2 in 90 minutes.

In GT Sport that time was 10 hours. In GT7 it was 11 hours before the patch and nearly 18 hours after it. Grinding is now 1700% more of the game.
So the complaints are about inflation?

I'd say the complaints were valid if it weren't for the fact that some players have already grinded 10s of millions CR, in 1 week.

Truth is if anyone is to blame for disrupting the economy it's those that grind. Not saying it's wrong to do, but it it what causes excessive inflation.

Thank you, wanted to shed some light on the matter to ppl who might not realize that games today have more than double of the amount of code in a operating system like Windows. So many moving parts it's bound for things to break on release. Granted unmovable deadlines really don't help.

I take it you're a developer or of similar profession??
Don't pull this gatekeeping nonsense, we all know what's required development-wise, the issues caused in this update are purely from bad business management and non-existent community management.

I'd say the complaints were valid if it weren't for the fact that some players have already grinded 10s of millions CR, in 1 week.

Truth is if anyone is to blame for disrupting the economy it's those that grind. Not saying it's wrong to do, but it it what causes excessive inflation.
There's no multiplayer economy, inflation from some people grinding isn't a thing.

It's funny that not being able to play the game really makes me want to play the damn game lmao.
Like two days ago I wasn't THAT keen on playing GT7, but now...... Oh boy :D

You can't remember it that vividly, given that you could get any car in GT1 in one hour and any car in GT2 in 90 minutes.

In GT Sport that time was 10 hours. In GT7 it was 11 hours before the patch and nearly 18 hours after it. Grinding is now 1700% more of the game.
If memory serves, you could win at Seattle by holding off that Buick Special in a much cheaper car. Win a GT40, then head to Red Rock valley with it to win a lot of cash. My memory is very hazy, so I could've gotten that confused. But either way it was very quick!

temp.jpg

They just trolling us now lol

Last edited:
I don't see Sony being the culprit behind always-online, micro-transactions, horrible payouts, FOMO-simulator (err, Legend Dealership and Invite system) or the pittance of content we received at launch. These things aren't forced on their other first-party studios so I don't know why they'd be doing it to one of their oldest flagship studios. This is 100% Kaz and PD and I'll continue putting the blame squarely on them for this dumpster fire until I see some proof that Sony is behind this. Maybe there is something out there I've not seen though, I'm often wrong and have no problem admitting when I'm misinformed.
We need to boycott gran turismo 7 and get them to to stop micro transactions and make the game accessible offline for when their servers are down again. We have the power as consumers to make greedy game companies stop 🛑 their outrageous micro transactions pay to win practices.

Ouch, cold. I've played every single one since I was 10. Maybe grinding it at 10 seemed more difficult back then.
I think the difference was that in GT1 and 2, the start was slower. In GT1 I bought a used car, raced the Sunday cup, didn't win but could buy some upgrades, raced Sunday cup again, could upgrade my car to also being able to earn some money in the FR cup and so on.
So, there was some grind in the beginning of the game (which I enjoyed and which would probably shorter today for me as I am better at racing games than I was at the time), but no real "endgame" grind.
GT7 is the other way round and the grind is much worse than the initial grind in GT1/2. And you can only collect the "endgame" cars, not use them except for custom races and maybe Multiplayer.

We need to boycott gran turismo 7 and get them to to stop micro transactions and make the game accessible offline for when their servers are down again. We have the power as consumers to make greedy game companies stop 🛑 their outrageous micro transactions pay to win practices.
If we had doubts about wether future DLC would be free or not, at least now we are nearly sure that they will try to make players pay...

Some top level victim blaming there, keep it up.

If we had doubts about wether future DLC would be free or not, at least now we are nearly sure that they will try to make players pay...
I'm totally cool with paying for DLC. My issue is the in-game economy being designed in a way that tries to push players towards MTs.

Hearsay. It's disappointment I think. And this game deserves to be bombed the way Sony handles it.
Saying people are addicted, what childlike reasoning is this? Do you know anyone that bombed this game? Please do tell!!

Sadly your gut doesn't mean anything here and to call bombers a bunch of addicts is below all standards. But hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself, why not right?
I feel great thank you for noticing...!

Review bombing a game because there is a critical flaw that has to be fixed is about as entitled you can get as a gamer.

"But it requires online" as have been known since forever, if people are upset about this they should be upset that they didn't really care about it when they read the reviews or the reviews didn't let it affect the score.

For the record, i hate games that requires online connections for no valid reason, but as long as the whole industry accepts it there is nothing to be done and i would rather enjoy the games while they last than sit in a corner and be angry about it.

Back