Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
"I want to make GT7 a game in which you can enjoy a variety of cars lots of different ways, and if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again."

Well congrats for doing the exact opposite, Kaz!

You're right, but it depends if the 1.07 code is smart enough to detect that it's not on the right patch before attempting to connect to PD's servers. I'd give it a 50/50 chance, which is a higher chance than I give Sony or PD coming out and explaining in full what broke in 1.07.
They've released what went wrong. It prevented the world map from loading.

Also first rule of client/server comms is the server is authoritative. 1.07 doesn't need to be smart or detect if it's the right patch. It should just connect to the servers saying "Hi, I am version 1.07" and the server will reject the connection saying "you need to be 1.08". In this case, extra checks are needed for PSPlus membership, so I imagine Sony handles this initial connection, not Polyphony.

Well, I feel slightly more hopeful after reading this. Would have been nice to have heard something earlier, though. I still can't fathom a reason why payouts have been lowered. If it's because they're planning on introducing more higher-paying events, you think they would've lowered payouts simultaneously. It's just odd timing. I do love this game and want it to be good, but I think they need to have more transparency about their long-term plans if they're doing unheard-of things like reducing payouts.

As you can see Back online

5D9088FB-EAB8-49EC-BF1F-F694B0A43D5D.png

I can’t believe PD are forcing me to buy credits for the game. Fuming.
I can’t believe the game is temporarily unplayable. I’m done with it. Not going to touch it again.
I’m boycotting Sony from here on out. Can’t play the game because of MTX.
Can’t progress through the game because of MTX.
Can’t buy the cars I want without MTX which totally makes the game worthless. Why should I spend on money on a game that might last 3-4 years and I can’t even play it for 24 hours. Disgusting. Shouldn’t be server issues. No faith in PD to turn it around. What a mess. Can’t play the game because of MTX. PD have crippled it!!
Where are the forcing you to buy credits? GT has always been a grind.

1.08. Up and running. A half hearted apology in game promising to make cars more available to all in future. We just need to trust in them as they cant reveal details of the future plans yet. YAWN.

1.08 just basically fixed the 1.07 mess which apparently had launch issues.

No free cars, no free credits…..just a poor apology for nearly 2 days worth of no gameplay.

In the meantime, please feel free to do some micro transactions!

You suck GT7.

Last edited:
All PD had to do was increase the payouts of lesser raced events rather than decrease the ones which were so popular.
I hope we get some news regarding "additional content, additional race events and additional features that will constructively resolve this" rather soon.

Logged in without problems, save is not corrupted, everything looks normal so far...

About the message from Kaz, I like he adressed the rewards change, and I also want to ask members of this forum.
The Fisherman race and the GR4 HSR and Goodwood Mini race that were the leaders in making money were all really easy races don´t you think? Dont you think the rewards for them were too high?

I also know they increased the prize of the WTC races witch members complained, there are now 70k kr I think, doesnt everybody agree that these races are suposed to be the "high value" and not some one lap race around Fisherman...

As someone allready said in this topic, I think they messed up in the beggining and these are the correct prizes that were suposed to be up.

"It pains me that I can’t explain the details regarding this at this moment" - Whenever you see a line like this in a statement, you just know they're being gagged by upstairs.
This is what I've felt since the beginning. The server maintenance is a PD issue, but the broader economy nonsense is on Sony trying to monetize the heck out of a game that has never really been set up for that.

Man, that entire last paragraph sure is something. Sounds like there will be future, big payout events added as well.

About the message from Kaz, I like he adressed the rewards change, and I also want to ask members of this forum.
The Fisherman race and the GR4 HSR and Goodwood Mini race that were the leaders in making money were all really easy races don´t you think? Dont you think the rewards for them were too high?
No. They were higher payouts, but not absurdly high to the point where it was like cheating or something. 50k credits doesn't go terribly far in this game.

They've released what went wrong. It prevented the world map from loading.

Also first rule of client/server comms is the server is authoritative. 1.07 doesn't need to be smart or detect if it's the right patch. It should just connect to the servers saying "Hi, I am version 1.07" and the server will reject the connection saying "you need to be 1.08". In this case, extra checks are needed for PSPlus membership, so I imagine Sony handles this initial connection, not Polyphony.
Not as bad as anticipated; I wonder if it was also responsible for the long load time when getting into the limited offline content.

On the Server/Client stuff, that's very true - I was just being a bit pessimistic over whether it had been implemented properly, given everything else. It does make sense for that part to be handled by Sony though, not PD.

Well kaz, so you told us that you want people enjoy and drive all the cars but you dont want that these people doesnt repeat same events?? And how i am supposed to farm credits to get most expensive cars? stealing Luca's cafe profit or something? This type of grind, repeating same events over and over again exists from gt1 and till gts where you could farm 300k with gr1 in less than 10 minutes and 250 with p4 with 2 laps at le mans, now you halfed our payouts to make us "enjoy"

As someone allready said in this topic, I think they messed up in the beggining and these are the correct prizes that were suposed to be up.
Nah; you wouldn't update the prizes of a selection of races by different amounts and then push it live in a patch by accident. I'm all for giving them the benefit of the doubt, but this is just wishful thinking.

Logged in without problems, save is not corrupted, everything looks normal so far...

I also know they increased the prize of the WTC races witch members complained, there are now 70k kr I think, doesnt everybody agree that these races are suposed to be the "high value" and not some one lap race around Fisherman...

How does that fit into cutting all those other races including the 3 that go from $15,000 to $10,000? Did the $5K really seem that noteworthy to change to PD?

Last edited:
Back