Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
So after we have been sat here all waiting for it to be back up.. we have finnnnnally logged back in and what? No compensation? Really? No one got anything logging back in?

This just poped out...

Snímka.JPG

Sure let me just go into the game and get a screenshot.
Looks like someone beat you to the punch.
View attachment 1125833

Even before starting the game, you get a pop up asking you to buy credits. Every time you get a credit reward, it gives you an option at the bottom of the receipt to get more from the store . It's hideous.
As I said before that is not PD it is Sony who show that for every game for ease of use for the consumer. It's easy to ignore, even more so if you press x quickly enough.
View attachment 1125878

It's in spanish, sorry. The red region...
Thank you. I guess I haven't seen that before as it is easily missable as well as the fact I just press x through those bits to get rid of them.

So in the end they give you an option to buy but again it's down to the individual to do so and the game isn't forcing you to do so. I wish people would just calm down about this. Just enjoy the game and the racing.

You literally cannot detach your save data from your account, no matter how hard you try. Go ahead and uninstall, it'll be there when you reinstall.
Well that's good to know. I haven't been able to install 1.08 so it's been a headache for me.

Last edited:
I feel great thank you for noticing...!

Review bombing a game because there is a critical flaw that has to be fixed is about as entitled you can get as a gamer.

"But it requires online" as have been known since forever, if people are upset about this they should be upset that they didn't really care about it when they read the reviews or the reviews didn't let it affect the score.

For the record, i hate games that requires online connections for no valid reason, but as long as the whole industry accepts it there is nothing to be done and i would rather enjoy the games while they last than sit in a corner and be angry about it.
So buying a game and expecting it to work is being entitled?
But releasing a game that is set up in a way that is unconsumerfriendly because you know people will buy it anyway is not?
You have a strange way of thinking, my friend.

THE USED CAR SHOWROOM SYSTEM - ABSOLUTE CRAP TOO!

there is virtually nothing there, and nothing you would really want to buy... the system where you upgraded used or new roadcars in GT1 into racing versions was the best system of all the variants in the series... the different decades of cars was good too in other GT's

but this is uninspiring and lazy!

The most frustrating part of this whole thing is the absolute radio silence for over 24 hours.
Welcome to PD
So buying a game and expecting it to work is being entitled?
But releasing a game that is set up in a way that is unconsumerfriendly because you know people will buy it anyway is not?
You have a strange way of thinking, my friend.
No, entitled is acting like a spoiled kid when there is a valid reason for not getting candy. The game was broken, it did not work, chill while the fix it!

Welcome to PD

No, entitled is acting like a spoiled kid when there is a valid reason for not getting candy. The game was broken, it did not work, chill while the fix it!
Bro, the game will probably end up back in the box working or not, I laughed with the server issue, I don't laugh with the microtransaction stuff

I had to save up to buy this 25th version, I did it with pleasure but feel more and more ripped off since day three it was out.
Nothing to do with being childish, everything to do with trust and expectations.

Last edited:
Thank you, wanted to shed some light on the matter to ppl who might not realize that games today have more than double of the amount of code in a operating system like Windows. So many moving parts it's bound for things to break on release. Granted unmovable deadlines really don't help.

I take it you're a developer or of similar profession??
I work as a part-time Sound Producer primarily. I've had the opportunity to work with some rather interesting clients. My work mostly has had me creating sound effects, mixing, and overseeing a couple of small teams of sound engineers. Making sure the small team stays true to the creative vision of our project when they're recording authentic sounds as I prefer to call them. The authentic sounds are usually the ones I personally refer to as being captured by carefully positioned microphones. While the artificial sounds are as you may guess are the ones made entirely by computer software. From the looks of it it seems PD themselves rely more on making authentic sounds, but if you listen closely you can tell some of the sounds in GT7 are artificial. I won't go on any longer about PD's sounds since that seems to always be a touchy subject.

How this all relates to my knowledge of how game development works is that I've worked with gamer youtubers, as well as have worked on 3 individual indie game development teams before and in my time I gained a better understanding of their needs by talking with individual members of the team(s) involved.

i just cannot believe the whinging on here.
its a game, for gods sake.
have you nothing better to do than whine like small children cos mummy wont buy you sweeties all day.
if you want a refund please please do it, then stick your dummies back in and sod off.
Read literally any other post on this thread about why people are 'whining', instead of mouthing off on stuff you obviously know little about.

Literally, this has been beaten to death since the game dropped. There are 100% valid reasons why people are pissed.

i just cannot believe the whinging on here.
its a game, for gods sake.
have you nothing better to do than whine like small children cos mummy wont buy you sweeties all day.
if you want a refund please please do it, then stick your dummies back in and sod off.
I guess the worldwide gaming journalists and people that LITERALLY ARE IN THE GAME are whining because "it's just a game"?

You're just spewing words without a real consice argument, and this is a forum, that's people do here, they talk.

Last edited:
So the complaints are about inflation?

I'd say the complaints were valid if it weren't for the fact that some players have already grinded 10s of millions CR, in 1 week.

Truth is if anyone is to blame for disrupting the economy it's those that grind. Not saying it's wrong to do, but it it what causes excessive inflation.
You do realise this is a game? The economy isn't real, there is no natural inflation, nobody is disrupting the economy, there is no wages vs costs balance, it's ALL made up and controlled by PD.

The fact some die hard people have several hours a day to grind doesn't invalidate the complaints, it does the complete opposite.

Do you not realise that not everybody has that kind of time to spare? Why should the people who can only play a few hours a week not get access to the content in a reasonable amount of time?

People with plenty of time on their hand can get through a 100 hour game in 2 weeks or even less for the most dedicated. People with less time, it'll last them a couple of months. That's fine. Devs don't go nerfing the game progress because of the people playing fast.

Now with GT7, it's going to take you a minimum of 400 hours to be able to get all the cars, that's grinding the same best event over and over. If you play with more variety, don't grind, you're currently looking at anywhere from 1600 hours and upwards, depending on what you do.

How is someone with only a few hours to play a day supposed to do that? If you average 4 hours a week, that's over 4 years. 4 years, playing the same game for four hours a week, every single week, just so you can get access to everything it has to offer.

It's not reasonable. You don't penalise everyone because of the people playing 8 hours a day. This is a game, for fun. It's not supposed to be a real life chore that you have to do day in, day out to get everything out of it.

I guess the worldwide gaming journalists and people that LITERALLY ARE IN THE GAME are whining because "it's just a game"?

You're just spewing words without a real consice argument, and this is a forum, that's people do here, they talk.
thdy usually talk sense not tripe.
its a game!!

Back