CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
Really enjoyed this inaugural season of the Core GT 'Trident' Series. Some good racing has been had by all Im guessing...

I wont be available for the next 2 weeks but would like to take this opportunity to thank Omnius for the Series and everyone who has taken part for making it what it is...

Lets hope we can have more of the same next season and for all future seasons.

Hope the last two sets of races go well; Im sure they will!!

Finally if I dont get the chance nearer the time, I would like to wish everyone and their families a great Xmas and a very prosperous New Year....

See you trackside sometime soon guys....

Stevie:)

1st,a BIG thanks to geordie for the loan of the MR2.👍
2nd,Northumberland gt is the same as we raced before?
3rd,Northumberland gt is a right b*$ch in this car:crazy:(inspired choice omnius:tup:)
4th, is 1:29.xxx a good time round it as i cant get a good lap in:tdown:

last but not least WELL said Stevie(stanepoke),and the same to you and your family.👍(will enjoy racing with you next series)

I have the car Omnius, but have done oil change and engine rebuild and quite a few miles in it, and as standard I am getting 252 bhp. Can I use power lmiter to bring this down?

Sure can, I guess though I'll have to remove the 'Restricted' option in game otherwise I'm guessing it won't let you in? We'll check on the day.

Really enjoyed this inaugural season of the Core GT 'Trident' Series. Some good racing has been had by all Im guessing...

I wont be available for the next 2 weeks but would like to take this opportunity to thank Omnius for the Series and everyone who has taken part for making it what it is...

Lets hope we can have more of the same next season and for all future seasons.

Hope the last two sets of races go well; Im sure they will!!

Finally if I dont get the chance nearer the time, I would like to wish everyone and their families a great Xmas and a very prosperous New Year....

See you trackside sometime soon guys....

Stevie:)

Many thanks for your involvement too 👍 All the best for the New Year too, until next season matey! :)

1st,a BIG thanks to geordie for the loan of the MR2.👍
2nd,Northumberland gt is the same as we raced before?
3rd,Northumberland gt is a right b*$ch in this car:crazy:(inspired choice omnius:tup:)
4th, is 1:29.xxx a good time round it as i cant get a good lap in:tdown:

last but not least WELL said Stevie(stanepoke),and the same to you and your family.👍(will enjoy racing with you next series)

Yes Jamesy, back on the 3rd track that we ran way back in September :) This time though I thought we'd run a lower powered car and to add a touch of 'edge' we'd do it in a car with 'road tyres' to make it as real as possible for the close finish to the season :sly:

250px-GP2Series_Logo.svg.png

Guys, I can't find this MR2. I have the G but not the Gs. Also has anyone found or got a good setup for the Mazda? Mine drives like it was made for a runway...... So much understeer!

Barnezy318
Guys, I can't find this MR2. I have the G but not the Gs. Also has anyone found or got a good setup for the Mazda? Mine drives like it was made for a runway...... So much understeer!

Try going slower ;-) as for the MR2, just use the G, ade has not modified his GTS, but has done an engine rebuild so I think I'll have to leave the restriction off but will have weight and bhp restrictions in force, just hope everyone doesn't add other non weight/bhp improvements to keep it fair

TRIDENT GT
Season 1 Event 15 - 9.12.11 Results

Race 1 - LAGUNA SECA RACEWAY
15 Laps, Mazda Atenza Sport25Z - PP 516

1st = jamesybograt - Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z = 25
2nd = geordie139 - Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z = 18
3rd = BUCHANPOWER - Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z = 15
4th = WarriusZero - Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z = 12
5th = PSN-OmniusALX - Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z = 10
6th = Barnezy318 - Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z = 8
7th = ade3210 - Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z = 6

Race 2 - NORTHUMBERLAND PARK, GT
15 Laps, 'Factory Fresh II' - 242 BHP, 1270 kg
Toyota MR2 GTS

1st = geordie139 - Toyota MR2 GT-S = 25
2nd = jamesybograt - Toyota MR2 GT-S= 18
3rd = WarriusZero - Toyota MR2 GT-S= 15
4th = PSN-OmniusALX - Toyota MR2 GT-S = 12
5th = ade3210 - Toyota MR2 GT-S = 10
DNF = BUCHANPOWER
DNS = Barnezy318

Race 3 - NURBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE 07:00 (Snow? / Wet)
3 Laps, Production Cars - 315 BHP, 1430 kg

1st = geordie139 - Ford Focus ST = 25
2nd = BUCHANPOWER - Volvo C30 R = 18
3rd = jamesybograt - Volvo S60 T-5 Sport = 15
4th = WarriusZero - Mitsubishi Eclipse GT = 12
5th = PSN-OmniusALX - Volvo C30 R = 10
6th = Barnezy318 - Ford Focus = 8
7th = ade3210 - Alfa 147 GTA = 6

Current Standings - (After 15 Events)

Orange = Gained Position
Red = Lost Position

1st = geordie139 = 785pts.
2nd = jameysbograt = 748pts. - 37pts. diff for 1st

3rd = PSN-OmniusALX = 472pts.
4th = BUCHANPOWER = 435pts. - 37pts. diff for 3rd

5th = WarriusZero = 392pts.
6th = ade3210 = 328pts.
7th = R063R_GL4560W = 291pts.
8th = buraspo = 148pts.
9th = Barnezy318 = 147pts.
10th = Norfolk_Assassin = 143pts.
11th = stanepoke = 129pts.
12th = RBL007 = 40pts.
13th = jamie2016 = 12pts.

So here we are - the FINAL next Friday! Season 1 draws to a close, the question is, who will be on the podium???

Only 37 points in it! And to shake things up (not intentionally - I've had this planned for a while) lets see how you all react to our last event of the season...if it works out, I think this will be how I'd like to end each season, granted it won't be a suprise like this one, but its all in the name of fun 👍

Thanks to all who have attended and have made this a worth while venture! Hopefully next season, we have now got a CORE group of drivers who will be here right from the off, I may introduce some small changes here and there just to tighten things up, and to have less of an 'all over the place' racing season. A touch more planning... :)

See you all next week :cheers:

...oh and after watching the replay from Race 3, Nice driving jamesy! and what an awesome battle between BUCHAN & geordie!! :eek: And ade, you're right, it looks very much like snow to me at the start of the race! A first for me that!!!

Last edited:
CONFIRMED DRIVERS - 16.12.11

SEASON FINALE! - Triple Points!

PSN-OmniusALX
geordie139
ade3210
jamesybograt
BUCHANPOWER
RBL007
WarriusZero

Last edited:
GT Flaw
13 laps,starting at 18:30 in a car without headlights...................I'm in!

Its ok, I've checked it, we will be finishing just as the sun sets, but it won't be dark :)

the bograt's in it to win it:lol:

BTW just did 1 flying lap ,set at the time on the post with a time progression of 10 and it was very dark (still did a sub 6:00. lap with 5%damp track).

what is the time progression in the race ?

WarriusZero
Do they even ever run GP2s on the Ring?

You're mental.

I'm in.

Not sure but I've seen many open wheel races on the 'Ring on YouTube.

Jamesy, I use time prog of 1, keeping it real matey!

I guess there will be no accelerated time.

Taking Jamesy's time of 6 min, that gives us 13x6=78, a race definitely less than 90 minutes long (it was a sub 6 but others - like me - will be slower and there will be several pit stops).
If Jamesy did one flying lap + 1 in-lap (I guess), at a x10 rate, that gives us about 120 min.
So it should not be as dark as what Jamesy saw, but may I say that open wheel races don't happen in the evening. Shouldn't it be hard enough like that?

You all know I normally set my Nordschleife time to 'start' at 20:10, well as the FGT doesn't have lights, I couldn't use that time for a 13 lap race, even with a time prog of 1.

So building in a 20 minute period to set a lap and an average of a 7 minute lap x 13, it would take 1.5 hours for the race, so starting at a game time of 18:20 for qualifying, then race at 18:40, we will be finishing around the in game time of 20:10 which isn't dark, more of a sunset :)

BUCHANPOWER
I'm in for this it's a bit mental but I like it

I figured we normally spend the same time across 3 races and figured it would be interesting for the last event of season 1, to see how everyone 'copes' with a big single race, tyres and even fuel may factor in the race along with concerntration :sly:

I did try it using the full spec of the FGT, figured it was almost too much for the track so had a look around different open wheel regs and figured something similar in power and weight to GP2 would work nicley!

👍

i'm in as i'm getting the time i'll need off, finishing with an F1 car..... hell i'm gonna need to practice A LOT just to control the thing

I'm in for this it's a bit mental but I like it

Just a bit mental, I would say very mental. 13 laps of the ring is probably more than I have completed all season, lol. I think it will be a great crack and a fitting end to the first Trident series of races. Thanks in advance to everyone who I have raced with in Trident over the last 6 months, its been great fun and something to look forward to on a Friday night.

Just had a proper practice for the first time ever. 4 lap race 24.45 next 4 lap race 23.32 with one clean lap of 5.42 They don't like kerbs and rain would be 7-8min laps please be sunny lol

Latest Posts

Back