CRAP Club PCARS 2 Time Trials - Thanks for taking part everyone, we will return one day!

Am sat at a 2.31 something lol. Any tips????

Myself and @hasslemoff both have video of our laps on the previous page, I'd say take a look at them to get a feel for line and corner speeds (hasslemoff more than me, he's properly quick!)

The only general tip I would offer is to focus on your braking - it's an old car with no ABS, so you need to find the balance between getting enough stopping power without locking up.

20180731_224115.jpg
2.29.158 authentic assists with a ps4 controller

Also noob question how do I upload a ps4 screen shot here? Can take pic on fone obv but surely there is another way?

I save the screenshot to one of the social media options then from there save to my phone or laptop. You can then insert it to a message here

DISCLAIMER: I'm a technotard so there may be an easier way :)

View attachment 755674
2.29.158 authentic assists with a ps4 controller

Well done mate, that's a great time!! Good effort!! ;)

I save the screenshot to one of the social media options then from there save to my phone or laptop. You can then insert it to a message here

DISCLAIMER: I'm a technotard so there may be an easier way :)

one-does-not-simply-teach-a-techno-tard.jpg

:dunce: :dopey: :lol:

Very small improvement for me, but also a small milestone as after the conversation the other day I decided to have a fresh look at my controller setup to see if I could get a button mapping for manual gears that I could use without feeling like I need to be a contortionist :lol:

Still getting used to it, but definitely worth perservering with!

New time - 2:26.471 and I know there's more to be had, not sure I'll be able get another run in tomorrow though.

20180801202642_1.jpg

Guys i forgot but tomorrow evening my time i've got to go to hospital with my wife, and i probably won't be back home until late, so i'll let this run into Friday, that way i've got time to do the results, and set up the next TT!!

I'm thinking of doing another PCARS TT after this, and not an Assetto one. We'll see.

Letting it run a day later gives me a bit more time and therefore is good for me.

Regarding the next TT, didn't @nosoks have a desire to run the Lambo Huracan ST at Zandvoort?

Hope all goes well at the hospital.

Ahhh yes you're right mate.... @nosoks of course the Lambo beckons lol....It'll start tomorrow about midday UK time. ;)

Thanks @Slapped for the good wishes!

Last edited:
The major area of improvement for me is brake control....on stock set ups the brakes lock very easily with a controller..even if you "cheat" and turn and on. Unlike GTS it's only partial assistance for ABS and TC as I was still locking up and spinning the rears with assists on!

I'm on a controller too, braking is the single hardest part on a pad IMO, and it's also one of the biggest contributors to laptime.

With the Nissan in this TT, running authentic assists means none at all as the original car had none (it was the 1970's after all... :)) so you picked a tricky one to join us with! I'm by no means perfect, but I can manage ok with no ABS now - I got there by going cold turkey and turning all the assists off all the time, at least in TT. It was a struggle at first, but my left trigger control is much better now than it used to be!

Here's the new PCARS 2 TT, and something a bit different....... :P

The 2016 Honda Civic RX At DirtFish BoneYard Course Circuit!!

PLEASE USE THE FULL CIRCUIT, AND NOT THE "JOKER" SHORTCUT, THANK YOU. :)

honda11.png

dirtfish-boneyard-course_orig-1024x512.png

To be done in “Time Trial” mode using stock setup (if you have a saved setup for this combo, please return it to “default” before trying, as times with the “setup used” symbol will show in the in game timing screen, and won’t be counted!) You can use "loose" or "stable" setup, and driver aids if you wish! Post an in game screenshot of your time and post it here for it to count, Good luck!! ;)

This TT will end next Monday night, the 13th of August.

Last edited:
My Honda list doesn't show the Civic, is it the Oldsberg model?

It should be great fun @gregc .....I've never been motivated to use the Rallycross cars, even after getting the season pass last week with the group B rally cars and other RX machines...But now i've got a motive to get stuck into them!

Yes @nosoks it is....Different region, different name.....It has the Red Bull livery like in the picture, and on the game box too.

By the way fellas, use the full circuit here, don't use the "Joker" shortcut. ;) i've amended the announcement post to clarify.

Haha sorry fellas, the problem is i couldn't test yesterday to prepare the TT......As was waiting for a new desk to arrive, and for that no PS4 setup to see what was what... :( Go with the BoneYard course as in the original image i posted with the announcement!! :P I'll amend (again lol) the announcement post!

Thanks for pointing it out to me guys! Coconuts for the pair of you! :D

Last edited:
Back