Cursed Political Content

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 6,598 comments
Screenshot-20230429-134430-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Of course Drag Queen Story Hour doesn't itself represent legitimate harm to minors or anyone else, but that it's disfavored is sufficient cause for this connie rat to threaten physical violence knowing that such violence is a violation of rights warranting arrest.

IB4 Greene and the other usual suspects cry, “The President just insulted a Congress member. How unfit for office.”
Maybe she could shout it at him during his next State of the Union address.

This deleted tweet is borderline political at best but is archived on @RightWingCope's feed so I guess I'll post it here.

At least he didn't ask about controlled carry permits afaik...

FvCmCEZWwAEEdvB.jpeg

Last edited:
This deleted tweet is borderline political at best but is archived on @RightWingCope's feed so I guess I'll post it here.

View attachment 1252559
What if it's someone like me, who got theirs at 18, on the first try? It wasn't right as soon as I turned 16, but I clearly wasn't 19 or older, either.

Last edited:

View attachment 1252559
Potential Interview Question: "Would you ask someone in an interview when they got their first driver's license and base your hiring decisions on the answer?" If the answer is yes, do not hire. That person is deeply confused about how to determine whether someone is a go-getter or has internal control with a dash of grit.

There is a weird where kids are getting their license later and later, which I admittedly don't understand. I was at the Secretary of State's office at 830am on my 16th birthday, waiting for them to open at 9 so I could get my license I was that excited. I get that some people have no need for a license because they live in a place with public transportation, can't afford it, or have a condition that might prevent them from driving, but the kids that say, "I don't feel like it" really confuse me. I also think it's kind of unfair to your parents if you're involved in a ton of things. Basically, you can drive but choose not to and just expect your parents to keep taxing you around.

That said, if someone asked me that as an interview question I'd tell them to get bent.

There is a weird where kids are getting their license later and later, which I admittedly don't understand. I was at the Secretary of State's office at 830am on my 16th birthday, waiting for them to open at 9 so I could get my license I was that excited. I get that some people have no need for a license because they live in a place with public transportation, can't afford it, or have a condition that might prevent them from driving, but the kids that say, "I don't feel like it" really confuse me. I also think it's kind of unfair to your parents if you're involved in a ton of things. Basically, you can drive but choose not to and just expect your parents to keep taxing you around.

That said, if someone asked me that as an interview question I'd tell them to get bent.
Yeah, I've had this same discussion with a number of friends who's kids are now turning driving age. I'd say it's a combination that's partially economic and simply a generational change.

Economic because when I (and a lot of my piers) turned driving age, getting a license was like a right of passage. And you could find a cheap, used car, that wasn't great and maybe needed some work for around $1500~$3000. That was still "real" money for somebody working a part time job for close to minimum wage. But it was obtainable. With the price of used cars now-a-days, or at least say, cars that aren't completely falling to pieces, not to mention the cost of maintenance, insurance, gas, upkeep, etc., having a car is a luxury a lot of kids just simply can't afford without serious help from family. I can remember 25 years ago, helping friends replace brake pads and a starter or alternator so that they could get back on the road. That's a concept that's not only expensive (and in some cases, overly complicated) now-a-days, but there are few kids out there with the expertise or family members with expertise to show them how to do it themselves.

And I say generational because a lot of kids who are now 15-20+, may want to get their license, just so they have it, but they aren't actually interested in driving. Or least not interested in the financial headaches of having their own car. They always seem to have the one friend who has a car or one of them will borrow a car from a family member, or if a bunch of them want to go out, they'll all chip in for uber. Somehow, at least here in the US, the concept of your driver's license equaling this romantic concept of freedom (of the open road) has somehow diminished. You're always going to have those who are real petrol-heads and love cars. But it's pretty clear that that the widespread automotive love has diminished. And I think, as a consequence, you can also see that with less and less interest in motorsports compared to previous generations.

EDIT: Ooops, wordy response as I thought this was the America thread. But anyway.

Last edited:
Can we call this entire article cursed?

Harlan Crow's Purchase of Clarence Thomas's Mother's Home Conducted Ethically

Weirdly inserted in the second paragraph is this little gem:
(Full disclosure: I worked on Justice Thomas’s confirmation as a lawyer in the White House in 1991, and I remain close friends with him. I have also co-edited the book Created Equal: Clarence Thomas in His Own Words and have gone on trips with him and Harlan Crow, with whom I’m also friends. I have also represented Ginni Thomas in the House Select January 6 Committee inquiry.)

That's one hell of a qualification. Kind of along the lines of prefacing an opinion piece with "I really shouldn't be writing this in a widely distributed publication that has, prior to this article, a semblance of journalistic integrity, due to my galactic conflict of interest, but I'm gonna write it anyways, and this disclosure represents my full and total immunity from criticism."

Last edited:

I was much the same on my 16th birthday, as were most my friends. It was all about getting the freedom to go and do whatever we wanted.

We were in a pretty rural setting however, and even groceries were a half hour drive away, so it was also pretty much a necessity. I did have friends who were mid 20’s before getting a license (relying on parents) and it was a massive disadvantage for them. No employer would take them seriously without their own reliable transportation.

In the city however, a license isn’t anywhere near as important. Nowadays, if I had a CBD job, I could probably bike to the train station from home and sell my car. If that’s the world you grow up in, the necessity disappears and the freedom we chased as rural kids is readily available.

The “what age did you get your license” question probably speaks more about where you grew up than if you’re a go getter.

Assuming Trump isn't dead like DeSantis, would that make him Vivek's fat Yoda?

And nice try with the blue lightsaber. You're not fooling anyone.

There's no way Billy Bob Redneck from the backwoods of Mississippi is going to vote for a guy with a name like that or who's that shade of brown. Billy Bob is probably going to think he's a terrorist too.

We haven't even elected a fully black president yet so good luck thinking you can overcome the whole race thing. Plus, there's a not-so-insignificant number of people who believe people from India are taking their jobs, mainly because it's true for a group of people. While no fault of their own, outsourcing call centers to India is very much a thing and people have lost their jobs because of it.

At least he's not a million years old, so he has that going for him.

That aside, from what I've seen, his immigration policy is atrocious. It's based solely on merit, which just reeks of the Indian caste system.

FvSViJlWwAATMNK

Is there more than a zero percent likelihood this bitch believes criticism of Justice Sotomayor for not recusing herself from a case involving the company who published her book is inappropriate on the basis that she's Hispanic?

Modern American conservatism is mental illness.

Last edited:
Back