Cursed Political Content

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 6,499 comments

Fixed.

Because that's the current level of discourse.

Jack Black Reaction GIF

Is there a word for the disappointment felt when observing aggressively stupid takes from people with amazing usernames? Like in German?
Namensverschwendung would translate as "waste of a name". I made it up but it works.

I really wish it was surprising that people still have no clue what songs that were hits 30+ years ago actually meant. It's not even like the more common political/societal ones are all that subtle.

Although it could also just be a coping mechanism since the super pro-USA songs tend to be about as enjoyable as sticking rusty knives in your ears. After all if the "best" songs aligning with my views were sung by Lee Greenwood and Toby Keith I would probably try co-opting Bruce, CCR and Twisted Sister too.

Last edited:
Doubling down and getting dragged.

So God is speaking through Dee Snider to... send a message that pretty much contradicts most "traditional Conservative American values"? :odd:

Also, I can't look at that dude without thinking of Frankenstein's monster, which seems about right.

Is this man trolling? Does he not know Dee was a central figure in the PMRC hearings where this exact song made the Washington Wives' Filthy Fifteen?

That hearing was exactly the sort of thing conservatives would love to cook back up today to "protect" today's youth.

So God is speaking through Dee Snider to... send a message that pretty much contradicts most "traditional Conservative American values"? :odd:
In fairness, a lot of "traditional Conservative American values" contradict what Jesus taught as well. :P

I really wish it was surprising that people still have no clue what songs that were hits 30+ years ago actually meant. It's not even like the more common political/societal ones are all that subtle.

Although it could also just be a coping mechanism since the super pro-USA songs tend to be about as enjoyable as sticking rusty knives in your ears. After all if the "best" songs aligning with my views were sung by Lee Greenwood and Toby Keith I would probably try co-opting Bruce, CCR and Twisted Sister too.
So you're telling me that video description above does not show traditional conservative values?

As a barely-related-to-this-thread rant about Twitter and its role in shaping society's understanding of the world despite taking great pains to make sure to take no responsibility for it that I need to get off my chest but have no interest in starting a thread about and figure this one is close enough, here's this Tweet with nearly a million likes in two days:

1. About someone standing in front of a hill that isn't actually the hill from the Windows XP desktop
  2. Presenting someone standing in front of the Windows XP hill (which it is not) as if someone found it for the first time
When the location of the Windows XP hill was never a secret to begin with, and has the exact coordinates listed on its Wikipedia page and Google Maps, and has had a documentary done about the location, and (again) is not where young Otto Octavius here is standing

Now apply this staggering ability for misinformation to spread to when politicians say something on their Twitter account and Twitter waits a day or two before doing anything about it, or (even better) when Twitter puts obviously-paid-for Op-Eds in the "What's happening" feed. I was particularly amused when Will Smith's handlers had an entire string of articles/Twitter threads about how Chris Rock is a bad person, actually, running on everyone's trending dashboard in the week following the Oscars.

Last edited:

Tucker Carlson: “Bright, red Utah is now led by a cut-rate Gavin Newsom imitator called Spencer Cox,”

What the actual hell? In the five years I've been here I've never once thought "You know what? Utah is becoming as liberal as California."

Honestly, I figured Carlson would love Cox.

As a barely-related-to-this-thread rant about Twitter and its role in shaping society's understanding of the world despite taking great pains to make sure to take no responsibility for it that I need to get off my chest but have no interest in starting a thread about and figure this one is close enough, here's this Tweet with nearly a million likes in two days:

1. About someone standing in front of a hill that isn't actually the hill from the Windows XP desktop
  2. Presenting someone standing in front of the Windows XP hill (which it is not) as if someone found it for the first time
When the location of the Windows XP hill was never a secret to begin with, and has the exact coordinates listed on its Wikipedia page and Google Maps, and has had a documentary done about the location, and (again) is not where young Otto Octavius here is standing

Now apply this staggering ability for misinformation to spread to when politicians say something on their Twitter account and Twitter waits a day or two before doing anything about it, or (even better) when Twitter puts obviously-paid-for Op-Eds in the "What's happening" feed. I was particularly amused when Will Smith's handlers had an entire string of articles/Twitter threads about how Chris Rock is a bad person, actually, running on everyone's trending dashboard in the week following the Oscars.

I just want to say that I drive by the real hill pretty often and it's pretty unimpressive.

Ea-FL-R8-Wk-AAA1xc-jpeg.jpg

Edit: I don't know if you cropped that image or if it was cropped already when you found it, but it appears to have been derived from the image above. The above doesn't really fit this thread and I thought about cross-posting, but decided not to. It's perfect regardless: "Just 5 wilted leaves of cabbage?"

:lol:

Last edited:
Ea-FL-R8-Wk-AAA1xc-jpeg.jpg

Edit: I don't know if you cropped that image or if it was cropped already when you found it, but it appears to have been derived from the image above. The above doesn't really fit this thread and I thought about cross-posting, but decided not to. It's perfect regardless: "Just 5 wilted leaves of cabbage?"

:lol:

I really wish she could be compelled to answer some follow up questions, rather than the inevitable retreat into self righteous victimhood.

I really wish she could be compelled to answer some follow up questions, rather than the inevitable retreat into self righteous victimhood.
She deleted her tweet and set her account to private so I kinda doubt it.

Last edited:

One wonders how the anti-feminist, MRA right feels about this "men are predators" rhetoric.

One wonders how the anti-feminist, MRA right feels about this "men are predators" rhetoric.

Parents rights wins elections for conservatives. Parents rights good. Parents good. Must have enemy. Teachers must be opposite of good. Teachers bad. Bad=liberal. Teachers must be liberal. All men teachers are liberals are predators.

Just trying to play out the logic.

The thing that gets me is that not only is this line remarkably stupid, it's also remarkably sexist against men, which is an angle I did not expect to come from a Fox News...anything.

The thing that gets me is that not only is this line remarkably stupid, it's also remarkably sexist against men, which is an angle I did not expect to come from a Fox News...anything.
That's precisely why I brought up MRA. However, while it's entertaining to imagine the broflakes crying into their Cup Noodles, I realize they're inclined to interpret that as other men.

Really, I'm just thankful Mark Levin doesn't do any talking in that clip. The mother****er sounds like one of those aliens from Mars Attacks, barking his anti-whatever bitchfits. "Ack! Ack-ack ack, ack ack ack ack-ack ack ack, ack!"

Hey! Don't kinkshame.

I bet Liberty Adams is totally the author's birth name as well.

MAGA Mike: women shouldn't have tattoos since it's disrespectful to the perfect body that God gave you
Ricki: what about men who have tattoos
Mike: oh well, that's ok...

Screenshot_20220416-111953_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220416-112710_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back