Datamined car list

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 1,665 comments
Yeah, the differences in the earlier half are very subtle, but the map is mostly the same. It's probably a case of me needing to adjust to the changes overtime, but I just don't see myself enjoying the re-imagined track like I enjoyed the old one.

That comparison also reminds me that I still enjoy the scenery of the old track. It's not much to a lot of people, but it's simple.

It's fine that you love the new version and other people do, though that means I'm probably never going to see the old design again. and that makes me sad. :(
I would have to agree on the total change of scenery of Grand Valley / Highway One. The tracks are turn for turn almost identical but when we all have driven on the older Grand Valley track for years and the scenery had all the right visual clues for braking and turning etc. and when we got the new Highway One version all the scenery, the bridges, the tunnels, the main front straight, everything is different and at times makes it not feel like the same despite the same turns and such.

Grand Valley is actually quite different from the original even if we exclude the scenery/setting and the remade last sector.

In the first sector, the first turn is pretty faithful to the original, but as we get to the esses, they go downhill as opposed to the uphill crest that quickly dips into a downhill; a major turn-off for me personally.

The hairpin is bigger in radius, which is not necessarily something I hate, but is a difference regardless. Then we get to sector two, and this is where the track is most faithful to the original. Up until the bridge everything feels very familiar, but then we get to the tunnel turn, and when I did the circuit experience for the first time, I was expecting to be able to just gun it through the turn, but I quickly befriended the wall.

I assume they made this change to promote overtaking, since in the original turn, with the radius and speed, you could only follow the cars ahead until you get to the chicane, which, by the way, is the biggest turn-off for me on the entire track.

Not only does the chicane have difficult to read apexes but also strict track limits. I also don't like how the tunnel turn transitions immediately to the chicane, as there was a short straightaway in the original.

As mentioned, they likely changed the tunnel turn for better overtaking, and that's exactly what they did with Trial Mountain and Deep Forest: adding the slow chicane and hairpin for more overtaking.

Just my 2 cents. It's 50:50 really, I am blinded by nostalgia a bit so I hate these changes when it comes to the experience of going around the track, but truthfully the changes improve racing: Deep Forest for example is a horrible track for racing in its original form, with pretty much all overtakes occuring in T1.

I’ve said it before in the other thread, but happy to say it again. The new Grand Valley is much better version than the generic Trial Mountainy versions we’ve had previously.
And I've said it before in several threads, but as the real Watkins Glen is now in they didn't need the wannabe anymore. The original GVS is a GT classic yes, and a good track in its own right, but it's such an obvious rip-off of the Glen that it's hard to unsee. Uphill esses, a downhill section leading to a right hand hairpin, a mid speed left-right leading to a longish straight... you get the point.

Hey, I’m cool with all the elevation change circuits, but I miss flat circuits. The only flat circuits we have are Tsukuba and Goodwood. For as much as people dislike Silverstone, it’s a good mechanical grip circuit. No dramatic elevation changes.

It'll be good if Gilles Villeneuve circuit arrives. A break from all the rise and fall circuits.

And I've said it before in several threads, but as the real Watkins Glen is now in they didn't need the wannabe anymore. The original GVS is a GT classic yes, and a good track in its own right, but it's such an obvious rip-off of the Glen that it's hard to unsee. Uphill esses, a downhill section leading to a right hand hairpin, a mid speed left-right leading to a longish straight... you get the point.

Watkins Glen has a great flow to it though, it’s one of my favourite circuits in the game, I find the second sector of the new grand valley so awkward and clunky

Watkins Glen has a great flow to it though, it’s one of my favourite circuits in the game, I find the second sector of the new grand valley so awkward and clunky
Interesting. I find this part of GV like Fuji's final sector. There is a lovely flow to both once you find the right lines. Both became personal favourite pieces of track (adding to the sectors immediately after the Karrusel at Nurburgring) to drive because I overcame that clunky feeling by trying new lines.

Directly compared to Watkin's Glen, I see where you're coming from. There aren't any immediately slow, hard-braking sections of track there.

I would have to agree on the total change of scenery of Grand Valley / Highway One. The tracks are turn for turn almost identical but when we all have driven on the older Grand Valley track for years and the scenery had all the right visual clues for braking and turning etc. and when we got the new Highway One version all the scenery, the bridges, the tunnels, the main front straight, everything is different and at times makes it not feel like the same despite the same turns and such.
In my mind, scenery can just have a huge affect on a track for me to where it feels off. The course is technically back with some changes to the layout, but it feels hollow to me as it's now a different backdrop than what it felt like.
Not only does the chicane have difficult to read apexes but also strict track limits. I also don't like how the tunnel turn transitions immediately to the chicane, as there was a short straightaway in the original.
That's one of the changes I dislike too, the transition between the tunnel turn in the final sector and chicane now is too short.

------------------

To note: I don't hate highway 1 as a setting for a race track in GT, I just didn't think it should've been combined with Grand Valley. I mean, just because I like 2 certain things; that doesn't mean I want them together. I like ketchup and I like ice cream, but I don't want ketchup on ice cream.

I drive on the new versions of Grand Valley, Deep Forest and Trial Mountain far more than the other original circuits. In fact one of my favourite corners in the game is the last corner on Deep Forest. In my opinion, the tracks haven't lost their charm and they're still great to drive on, which is all that matters really.

I dig GVH1 reverse. Coming out of the first tunnel at full chat, sweeping right & left over the bridge and then having to hit the brakes hard for the chicane. It does all kinds of things to the suspension.
Love unorthodox circuits with that character because, it reminds me of when (V8)Supercars enter braking zones. Those cars move around and the V8 drivers are great at brake modulation. Got to get it stopped and navigate the corner and then, be patient with the throttle, get the nose pointed on exit and ramp up the acceleration.

Fantastic circuit in pretty much any car, but real nice in a Trans-Am/TCM spec pony & muscle car.

I just can't stand that hairpin and it irks me more here just on the fact it's on a track that wasn't known to have one where it was. It feels like they could've made it feel more like a race track without changing the identity of it.

I mean, it looks nearly like it. Except the sharp s-curves are right after the bridge instead of being closer to the final turn, and the final turn now has a right-handed curve feeding into it.

I honestly feel different from you. I mean, the roads and scenery are beautiful, but I don't like using that to re-imagine a track that already existed. It feels like the race track equivalent of remaking a video game and then going to change the type of game it was while doing so.

I honestly never thought the scenary was terrible, it was just simple. You had a theme of open grasslands with rolling hills before going through a gorge before coming back to the grasslands again. Though I recognize your opinion and I know for sure you're not the only one based on my experiences elsewhere.

The old layout to me however was also fun to drive on, it didn't feel too narrow or too wide. It had the roads just right, I liked the elevation change fine enough and the sharper turns didn't feel like they interrupted the flow of the course. It also felt a bit forgiving for when you made mistakes, which the new version just doesn't.
Terrible track and scenery award goes to Willow Springs imo. Can't stand it. Scenery, or lack of, doesn;t help... not that it matters really, but overall don't like racing there.

For practical reasons, I believe that adding West Suzuka, Bugatti Circuit and Nurburgring GP (No Arena + Original Chicane) would not require many financial and operational difficulties on the part of PD. The current absence of these circuits is illogical to me. Maybe one day they will appear in the game.
Nurburgring-GP-NoArena-021.png

Furthermore, to this day I still don't understand why PD didn't make a joint version of Dragon Trail Seaside + Gardens.

I'm sure that these changes, or rather, simple changes, to the circuits already added would bring a new dynamic to the game and give users new enthusiasm.

Last edited:
For practical reasons, I believe that adding West Suzuka, Bugatti Circuit and Nurburgring GP (No Arena + Original Chicane) would not require many financial and operational difficulties on the part of PD. The current absence of these circuits is illogical to me. Maybe one day they will appear in the game.
I don't think Suzuka West is ever happening - I feel like their minimum standards for pitlanes are higher than the little one that circuit would have.

Bugatti could happen, but that's definitely a new track in terms of scanning, it's not just a different path in the existing scan like the Nurburgring layouts would be.

I dig GVH1 reverse. Coming out of the first tunnel at full chat, sweeping right & left over the bridge and then having to hit the brakes hard for the chicane. It does all kinds of things to the suspension.
Love unorthodox circuits with that character because, it reminds me of when (V8)Supercars enter braking zones. Those cars move around and the V8 drivers are great at brake modulation. Got to get it stopped and navigate the corner and then, be patient with the throttle, get the nose pointed on exit and ramp up the acceleration.

Fantastic circuit in pretty much any car, but real nice in a Trans-Am/TCM spec pony & muscle car.
Both Grand Valley circuits are better in the reverse direction imo. That final chicane through the tunnel flows so much better in reverse.
Grand Valley South Reverse is legit my favourite circuit in the game and I do a lot of my Gr.4 testing there. Just wish we could get a daily race there at some point...

Furthermore, to this day I still don't understand why PD didn't make a joint version of Dragon Trail Seaside + Gardens.

I'm sure that these changes, or rather, simple changes, to the circuits already added would bring a new dynamic to the game and give users new enthusiasm.
West Suzuka would been nice but i don't think its used for anything nowdays

Bugatti Circuit would probably need some more work as that part Le Mans isn't even modeled

but those Nurburgring variants they could have all of them just some games prefer one variant over other

as for combined Dragon Trail not sure about that but that might been interesting ha

Last edited:
I don't think Suzuka West is ever happening - I feel like their minimum standards for pitlanes are higher than the little one that circuit would have.
In the same game we have Tokyo Expressway South with a small pitlane in the middle of the track, a parking lot with entry and exit no more than 20 meters away 🤷‍♂️

Apricot Hill was fantastic, would love to have it back.

I also miss...

Autumn Ring Mini
Red Rock Valley
Citta Di Aria
Costa Di Amalfi
Opera Paris
El Capitan

And my 2 favorites:
Eiger Nordwand (from GT HD)
Rome short/long/night
While me, I just miss having a wider variety of city street tracks, which are a dying breed in most simcade games.

Give me the NYC city street circuit and I can die a happy man.

Yeah, should have moved to these threads by now.

B80
Terrible track and scenery award goes to Willow Springs imo. Can't stand it. Scenery, or lack of, doesn;t help... not that it matters really, but overall don't like racing there.
I agree, I'm not a fan of that track myself. The environment is sparse (and I know it's accurate to the real thing), and I dislike the flow of the track.

As for the new Grand Valley Highway 1, it's not a bad track at all, but it's very different to Grand Valley,evenif you discount the scenery, most of the the corners are different cambers and radii and the tracks elevation changes are very different, reversed in some sections. Not to mention the final section that's been stretched out.

I don't dislike the track at all, but I wish they didn't tag it as Grand Valley.

Now if they bring back Apricot Hill or Mdfield Raceway, I hope they don't change the layouts of those at all.

Latest Posts

Back