Datamined car list

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 1,665 comments
Just a friendly reminder this is a thread for datamined cars :dopey:
But but, we're on track. ;)

Seriously, the Porsche event in those pics and recent addition of 992. Let's say PD go back to back brands. I mentioned the Skylines, but there are also the 911 Turbo S on the list and a couple VW Porsche + Audi cars in the R8 and S1.

The Ruf doesn't quite fit, but Brand Central should add another Ruf car.

If we're contemplating tracks as well I would like to see COTA, Portimao and Valenica in there. Valencia showed up out of nowhere in Tourist Trophy, so they have the data.....strange that that was the only PD title that ever had that track in it to my knowledge.

maxresdefault.jpg

If we're contemplating tracks as well I would like to see COTA, Portimao and Valenica in there. Valencia showed up out of nowhere in Tourist Trophy, so they have the data.....strange that that was the only PD title that ever had that track in it to my knowledge.

maxresdefault.jpg
It was in GT PSP.

Apricot hill raceway would be so cool to see get revamped in GT7, like Trial and Deep Forest did. But I would love to see more course like Amalfi And Seattle make a return as they were great city tracks for us Racers to battle on.

imho i dont see them as "sacrilege" or "ruined" because of one last chicane change , yea those chicanes arent better but they were made to have more overtake chances
Trial Mountain was...okay, but Deep Forest feels imo ruined. The flow is a lot worse now.

The worst offender is Grand Valley.

Trial Mountain was...okay, but Deep Forest feels imo ruined. The flow is a lot worse now.

The worst offender is Grand Valley.
Just got done with the Deep Forest Mustang time trial and I love the new version. It feels like an actual race track with actual passing opportunities. The hairpin is a really intense make-or-break spot on the track.

When I look at Grand Valley's map it looks just like the classic tracks but playing it is very hard to recognize. That said, I've driven roads like that in real life and the track is absolutely beautiful. I've got a lot of memories of that track but they're not necessarily about the track - I liked the moments, but the track itself was never my favorite and the scenery was kinda crap. The new track still has bridges and tunnels but at least gives you something else to marvel at. Both of their layouts were technical which is typically bad for racing.

Just got done with the Deep Forest Mustang time trial and I love the new version. It feels like an actual race track with actual passing opportunities. The hairpin is a really intense make-or-break spot on the track.
I just can't stand that hairpin and it irks me more here just on the fact it's on a track that wasn't known to have one where it was. It feels like they could've made it feel more like a race track without changing the identity of it.

When I look at Grand Valley's map it looks just like the classic tracks but playing it is very hard to recognize.
I mean, it looks nearly like it. Except the sharp s-curves are right after the bridge instead of being closer to the final turn, and the final turn now has a right-handed curve feeding into it.

That said, I've driven roads like that in real life and the track is absolutely beautiful. I've got a lot of memories of that track but they're not necessarily about the track - I liked the moments, but the track itself was never my favorite and the scenery was kinda crap. The new track still has bridges and tunnels but at least gives you something else to marvel at. Both of their layouts were technical which is typically bad for racing.
I honestly feel different from you. I mean, the roads and scenery are beautiful, but I don't like using that to re-imagine a track that already existed. It feels like the race track equivalent of remaking a video game and then going to change the type of game it was while doing so.

I honestly never thought the scenary was terrible, it was just simple. You had a theme of open grasslands with rolling hills before going through a gorge before coming back to the grasslands again. Though I recognize your opinion and I know for sure you're not the only one based on my experiences elsewhere.

The old layout to me however was also fun to drive on, it didn't feel too narrow or too wide. It had the roads just right, I liked the elevation change fine enough and the sharper turns didn't feel like they interrupted the flow of the course. It also felt a bit forgiving for when you made mistakes, which the new version just doesn't.

I just can't stand that hairpin and it irks me more here just on the fact it's on a track that wasn't known to have one where it was. It feels like they could've made it feel more like a race track without changing the identity of it.

I mean, it looks nearly like it. Except the sharp s-curves are right after the bridge instead of being closer to the final turn, and the final turn now has a right-handed curve feeding into it.

I honestly feel different from you. I mean, the roads and scenery are beautiful, but I don't like using that to re-imagine a track that already existed. It feels like the race track equivalent of remaking a video game and then going to change the type of game it was while doing so.

I honestly never thought the scenary was terrible, it was just simple. You had a theme of open grasslands with rolling hills before going through a gorge before coming back to the grasslands again. Though I recognize your opinion and I know for sure you're not the only one based on my experiences elsewhere.

The old layout to me however was also fun to drive on, it didn't feel too narrow or too wide. It had the roads just right, I liked the elevation change fine enough and the sharper turns didn't feel like they interrupted the flow of the course. It also felt a bit forgiving for when you made mistakes, which the new version just doesn't.
While we're talking about this, I just found this video and it's pretty incredible how similar the tracks are in corner timing. The latter half has changed a bit but a lap is still completed within a second of each other (or perhaps the cars have been tuned to make it match, idk).

While we're talking about this, I just found this video and it's pretty incredible how similar the tracks are in corner timing. The latter half has changed a bit but a lap is still completed within a second of each other (or perhaps the cars have been tuned to make it match, idk).

I’ve said it before in the other thread, but happy to say it again. The new Grand Valley is much better version than the generic Trial Mountainy versions we’ve had previously.

Looking forward to what they do with Apricot Hill and Autumn Ring

At this point i would be happy with anything not an oval, nor a rally, thats actually used in the Daily Races. Oh, and please let us have a night version available. Its great in vr.

Yeah, the differences in the earlier half are very subtle, but the map is mostly the same. It's probably a case of me needing to adjust to the changes overtime, but I just don't see myself enjoying the re-imagined track like I enjoyed the old one.

That comparison also reminds me that I still enjoy the scenery of the old track. It's not much to a lot of people, but it's simple.

It's fine that you love the new version and other people do, though that means I'm probably never going to see the old design again. and that makes me sad. :(

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back