DaxCobra's First Car - Quantum H4 Kit Car

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 173 comments
So no two of them handle the same? Thats a bit unnerving! You could have a very good handling car, or a dog of a car depending on the build

Well the chassis design is bespoke for the car in the sense it's purely designed for that car, but each Quantum chassis is exactly the same. They all handle very well. :P

We're awaiting drifting videos / pre crash photos

you're forgetting the news article on how a teenager from Norfolk got to police heat level 6 in his kit car. After making the chase last for over 3 hours, taking out over 10 police cars, and clipping speeds of over 100 MPH and costing the state over £250,000 , he pulled over, turned round to the police cars, helicopters and on scene news crew's and shouted...

BOOM!. That is how I imagine dax will go to jail. Either that or he will get caught trying to 3 times the speed limit through a speed camera :guilty:

Just bought one of my own of these on the weekend. Much similar situation to Dax, its my first car and still to sit my test soon :D. So Dax what does your insurance policy cover? Is it a restricted mileage policy just so I can get a rough estimate of what mine is to be expected to be when I eventually do pass my test and go to insure the car?

Hi there, Giplansken. My insurance policy is along the lines of: 3000 miles fully comp, with European breakdown cover etc.

Which model have you purchased? Lets see some pics. ;)

Hi there, Giplansken. My insurance policy is along the lines of: 3000 miles fully comp, with European breakdown cover etc.

Only 3000miles? I've got 10000 on my first year:crazy:

So I reckon if I wanted to go for an 9000 ish mileage limit it would cost me clost to a grand? I'd be using the car to get to work everyday. Mine is a factory built 1.6 twin cam in what I like to call 'Ferrari Yellow' :P

So I reckon if I wanted to go for an 9000 ish mileage limit it would cost me clost to a grand? I'd be using the car to get to work everyday. Mine is a factory built 1.6 twin cam in what I like to call 'Ferrari Yellow' :P

I'd say you'd be looking at over a grand.

My friend has a 1.6 Zetec H4 in yellow. It's a nice colour. Mine used to be yellow but it was resprayed. :P

Yellow is good :) Your car would have been great in yellow.. you should respray it again.. but for you pink would be rather more fitting :) (that's the colour i first saw you in and will forever associate with you. :P )

Race one at Tsukuba my car was Lime Green back in JCRS...

Anyway that's for a different thread. ;)
Isn't the colour of your car a pretty fitting discussion in this thread? :P Anyway you recoloured it for the rest of the races didn't you? that's what's stuck in my memory.

Maybe you shouldn't have shown them on a racing forum then ;) But yeah cool stuff, you'll be a boy racer in no time. :)

Back