Demon's Souls

• Thread starter Keine Zeit
  • 99 comments
I bought this game on release & I just finally got around to completing my 1st playthrough of Demons Souls. Excellent, excellent gaming experience & a true gem & my favorite action rpg this gaming generation for me.

I currently have a low soul level of 117 (it would be 118 but the False King took away a soul level during my many battles with him) & I'm now going through NG+. I'm going to see if I can platinum this gem before I jump into Dark Souls (another game bought on release, but put aside due to other games).

So far I've defeated the Armored Spider, Phalanx & the Tower Knight. I reached the Adjudicator, but left the game for a second to answer a phone call & was done up in two hits while standing up above the Adjudicator, right in front of the boss entrance, 105,000 souls lost hahaha!

Last edited:
i still need to finish both. haven't even played my copy of the second game, with the first ive only made it halfway through the first castle.

so many good games i still need to beat, these 2, max payne 3, yakuza 3, final fantasy tactics and 6 and 7 etc.

Soul level now at 132. Adjudicator & Flamelurker defeated. Wow, Flamelurker is pretty aggressive on NG+, once his power bar is really low, he killed me twice before I got him. He was a breeze for me on my 1st playthrough. NG+ can be a bit ridiculous at times hahaha! So far my save file states I have 129hrs on Demons Souls.....yikes.

I was playing online & just reached my soul level of 140 & then got invaded by a red phantom/another player. I had no shield & only my lava bow on ready as I was soul hunting. The Red Phantom rushed me, so I quickly switched to my steel shield+8 & trusty dragon bone sword+1. Soon as I did that, the red phantom ran for his life. but couldn't escape the dbs's reach, laid 4 hits on him & had to stop for stamina regen. I should've hit him with some soul arrows as he was running away, but the invasion kind of caught me by surprise for a bit. He got away and jumped off a cliff.....that'll teach him for invading certain others hahaha!

132 hrs & counting so far.

Last edited:
Ran into black phantom Garl Venland on NG+ & got his health down to the halfway mark. I timed my swings to smash him while he was in his early rising animation......he somehow got me with a riposte during that animation......game over.....132,000 souls lost hahaha!

I'm now on NG+++ SL 240. Only 4 trophies needed for the Platinum. If anyone has the Gargoyle Crossbow, Pure Bladestone, Pure Moonstone & Pure Darkmoonstone, please let me know.

Hours upon hours hunting for the Gargoyle Crossbow, Pure Moonlightstone, Pure Darkmoonstone & the dreaded Pure Bladestone has now ceased. SL-241 & 240hrs of gameplay time......Platinum achieved with no outside help with items or stones.

Hours upon hours hunting for the Gargoyle Crossbow, Pure Moonlightstone, Pure Darkmoonstone & the dreaded Pure Bladestone has now ceased. SL-241 & 240hrs of gameplay time......Platinum achieved with no outside help with items or stones.

I gave up since getting that pure white only ring seemed impossible. As far as the pure blade stone I gave up on it. 83% trophies and that's a final for me.

Love the game. NG+ is the hardest part of the game, after that it just gets fun. NG++ was nothing but joy. Even the dual blade Katana guy were no longer a problem.

I gave up since getting that pure white only ring seemed impossible. As far as the pure blade stone I gave up on it. 83% trophies and that's a final for me.

Love the game. NG+ is the hardest part of the game, after that it just gets fun. NG++ was nothing but joy. Even the dual blade Katana guy were no longer a problem.
Indeed. NG+ had me shaking my head & laughing in disbelief at times. Fun indeed, I might finish up NG+++ as I'm about halfway through it.👍

Sidenote: It's quite comedy witnessing BP Garl Venland violently shove Bramd through you during riposte.

Latest Posts

Back