IMG_9765.JPG

IMG_9763.JPG

IMG_9764.JPG

IMG_9766.JPG

IMG_9767.JPG

IMG_9768.JPG

IMG_9770.JPG

IMG_9769.JPG

^ I was so happy when Callaway took me over the velvet rope and took more close-up pics! 👍

-> In fact, I was the only nut-case in the whole floor salivating on the C7R! :dopey:

That's a great find, VB, even at a show! Sad to think that only a true enthusiast would recognize its importance and so most other show attendees didn't pay it enough attention... probably part of why the Callaway guys let you go ahead and get real close, it was nice for them to see somebody who knew what they were looking at.

I saw a Ken Mari 2000GT-R!!!!!!!!

I love that car. It was so beautiful! My dad remarked "Woah, I'm surprised it's so big."

He then told me about his father's old Datsun 510. :lol:

Such a colorful post!

I've got some stuff from my visit to the Porsche dealer.

Panamera S

Pontiac G8

This came out better than I had expected...

Boxster S

S4

And an S5

SL500

Cayman

Beautiful 928S :drool:

More Boxsters

BEEEEETLEEEE

I got in it. Its $8,995 and in excellent condition. Its a '74 Super Beetle with the 1300cc engine. I want it so bad. I'd have it if I had 9k.

Dodge Charger SRT8

A '74 super beetle for $9000? That's steep. You can get a very nice condition 60's 1200 for less than that. I always thought classic cars were cheaper in America than they were over here, because there are more, and a lot of America is warm so they don't rot away like they do over here. You should easily be able to get a super beetle for less than that. If you're willing to pay that much, look for a pre 65. They look so much nicer.

70's models are great too, I never disputed that, but from around 1959 - 68 they are the nicest. Super beetles may be the best as actual cars, but they don't have the same appeal. That is a very good example of what a super beetle can be like, but still it is lacking some of the character from its predecessors. I wouldn't complain if I had one, I just prefer the older ones. Plus, I don't know if it's like this in America, but 1973 or earlier cars get free tax in the UK. That's also a positive of getting a 1960's model.

You may say that all classic beetles are amazing, but look at your avatar. That certainly doesn't look like a 70's model to me. Also, people don't make 60's beetles look like 70's beetles, but people do replace 1303 body panels with 1200/1500 body panels.

I plan on getting a Beetle when I learn to drive, although it would have to be the right one, and then I would have to do a lot of work to it to make it perfect.

Last edited:
My avatar may be a pre 70s model but that doesn't mean I don't support 70s models either. I love all Beetles and would be happy with any model I could get. Sure, the 60s Beetles had some characteristics and qualities that the 70s models don't offer, but that doesn't necessarily make them better.

All I'm saying is that I hold a high respect for Beetles of all years and models, and I'm not biased toward any of them.

cgg
A '74 super beetle for $9000? That's steep. You can get a very nice condition 60's 1200 for less than that. I always thought classic cars were cheaper in America than they were over here, because there are more, and a lot of America is warm so they don't rot away like they do over here. You should easily be able to get a super beetle for less than that. If you're willing to pay that much, look for a pre 65. They look so much nicer.

I don't know why, but all of the cars at that dealership and the ones around it are overpriced. I'm sure you could easily bring them down $2,000-$3,000. And I think the 60s Beetles looked better too, but if I get a Beetle it wouldn't be a show car. It would be a daily, so I'd like a Super Beetle considering it's technically a better car.

I'm not saying that 70's beetle are bad in any way, they are quite the opposite. Technically, they are better cars, as they are better equipped. I would be happy to own any classic beetle, even a Mexican non original from the 90's. All classic beetles are special, I just prefer the earlier ones.

Mine wouldn't be a show car, but it would be unique. I would use it most days, so it would have to be reliable, and good to drive.

Stopped by to test drive an F-350 ('merica).I couldn't get a great picture because I was chasing my 3 year old around the showroom but managed to snap this.

IMG_20130223_161036_zps8f2c7c1c.jpg

mmmm, some beautiful shots in there. Love the Alfa! And of course, holy crap wtf Stratos!!! Just to be clear, not a replica? Which means 1/??? in the world? Also, TVR's, I've only ever seen one (though most aren't legal in the states since the 80's.)

Also, I nominate Icy J for the highest value per post award at GTP. Only 149 posts, seriously? And yet in those few posts you've established yourself as a cornerstone/benchmark in the GTP spotting threads. Always get excited when I see in my email a reply to DYSAGT/showroom has been made by Icy J.

Back