Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
Dac, that 510 👍

So having passed this a couple of times this month, what I thought was a repainted Humber Hawk estate turned out to be a Super Snipe:

DSC_0277.jpg

They both look identical from behind since they share the same body design. I do know that there's a Series 1 Hawk estate in the area though, and that it wasn't actually repainted as I was led to believe.

Love it! I had a Corgi Super Snipe when I was little, passed to me from my brother. Another Gangsta car! I snapped a tatty Super Minx the other day, need to get my pics up on Flickr

Ohhh love Sierra Cossies, I have some recent pics of a Sapphire Cosworth (OK time for me to stop saying what I have pics of and get them on here) but I much prefer this "original" style :)

Awesome kei cars, Dac!

Not much today, as usual.

First, a Subaru BRZ. These, along with the FRS, are still really uncommon here. (It also had California plates, so it wasn't even from here)

Next, a Jag XK. I normally wouldn't post an XK, but I haven't seen one in a long time and it was nice to finally see one.

Next, some bad timing on this Mustang. I got 2 pics, and both times I only got the very back.

Next, a C63 AMG. A truck got in the way, but luckily, when we left, it was still in the parking lot and I was able to get a better picture.

It's license plate said "SL OW" and it had a blacked out badge...

Lastly, this truck, which I was barely able to get a picture of.

Nothing good today when I went for a drive (poured hard when I was driving back home). Just a F type at a local Jag dealer in a nice orange color, I have a similar pic of that color from the 2013 GR auto show that I posted on the event thread.

Last edited:
After a rather long, hot, uneventful day I was watching cars driving by at work as we weren't really busy and I saw this absolutely gorgeous Lotus Evora. Then I saw it going the other way and managed to get this crappy photo. It looks fantastic in purple.

Untitled
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr

So at work, there's a bike hidden under a cover at the back of the shop. Yesterday, my boss took the cover off and unveiled this - a 1973 Triumph X-75 Hurricane, thought to be worth an awful lot and very rare. I was even lucky enough to help him polish it. This was built over here then shipped out to America where it spent a few years of it's life, then came back over here a couple of years ago. He also has another Triumph which he bought earlier this week, a 2013 one which is pretty nice too.

BPkX3erCQAEHmCq.jpg

Alot of you may not find this interesting, but I saw this yesterday...

1016188_597374736969210_102350365_n.jpg

US Border Patrol Crown Vic. The reason why I found it interesting is because I live nowhere near the US/Mexico border. The freeway this was on (I-35) eventually leads to Laredo, which is on the border. It was probably headed down there. The F150 also had US government plates.

Both of these were from Monday.
968962_588373594535991_1058829357_n.jpg

After the light turned green, he turned left and got on it a bit...the 355 exhaust note will never get old.

And my S60 made a friend. lol
994808_580647758641908_1334087254_n.jpg

This stood out. 300ZX? Could be completely wrong... :lol:

Another question, I know some of you like stuff like 240Z's and 300ZX's, are they good spots? Like are they something to actually take a picture of? I seen a 240Z the other day, and I would've taken a pic, but it was white with a lot of rust spots, 1 window, 1 red door and 1 blue door, so it wasn't a very nice example.

LOLLOLOL. My car at work =). Surprised you didnt see my friends supra. We saved both of our cars from being destroyed D=

Nothing good today when I went for a drive (poured hard when I was driving back home). Just a F type at a local Jag dealer in a nice orange color, I have a similar pic of that color from the 2013 GR auto show that I posted on the event thread.

hee hee, "DYSAGT?", "Nope." Valid response.

and for me, wth is this awesomesauce?!?

if a rotten shot of the front helps with the ID, here it is

also, Mustang

wagon!

my damn slow camera, I let this guy pull out in front of me, but wasn't able to get the good shot...

LOLLOLOL. My car at work =). Surprised you didnt see my friends supra. We saved both of our cars from being destroyed D=

That's really your car? Cool! Didn't expect to ever see anyone from GTP out here.

Also, two cars from my mom. SL55 and Carrera 4S.

Last edited:
That's a willy's around a 1941.. It could be fiberglass, but still 1000% awesome. Very few are still around these days. Most were turned into gasser's back in 60's.

Super cool spot Jeffgoddin.:bowdown::bowdown:

41 Willy's

Thanks, and :bowdown: to your knowledge! Sounded Gr(v)8, so Gasser. 29,000 total from 1941 and 42 is pretty cool. Maybe Cano can weigh in on fibre-replica or not. But on close inspection, the body panel fit looks rather cheapish.

I hate having to drive when I can't use my camera I miss so many cars its not even funny. Good news theres a car show sunday I'll be able to go but I'll probably upload the pics after 9 pm and they'll be in the event thread.

Last edited:
That is an awesome spot, Jeff! :drool:

Before I start, here's a GT-R from last Sunday.

Nissan GT-R by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr

After that, nothing happened during the weekday (apart from missing a red GT-R). So, here's today's spots!

Mitsubishi Lancer by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr
Bumblebee wannabe!

Lexus SC 430 by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr
First time seeing one of these on the road. Those hideous DONKS! :yuck:

Honda Civic Type R [EK9] by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr
EK9 #1

Honda Civic Type R [EK9] (2) by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr
EK9 #2

Merc CLK by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr

Merc CLK (2) by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr

Nissan GT-R (2) by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr

"Blobeye" Subaru Impreza [GD] by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr

Renault Samsung SM5 by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr
Many Filipinos will think it's a Nissan Teana/Maxina, but look closely!

Honda Civic Type R [EK9] (3) by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr
And just as I was done with it, EK9 #3!

70s Ford Mustang by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr
:drool:👍

The last two R32 GT-Rs in Okinawa have Nismo front bumpers, I love them. 👍

Spotted yesterday in Montenegro, Risan:
Maserati GranTurismo
5qzfdimQ4ZI.jpg

This photo was taken in Budva and this white Porsche seems to be 911 Turbo.
-6n65HbCIOU.jpg

@jus1029

The last picture is of a '71-'73 Mustang coupe and looks to have a '73 Mach 1 grill midly modified and an intersting hood.

Back