Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
Too many cool old cars.

tumblr_lq8d9fAOTq1qdvn2go1_400.gif

I saw a blacked out Nismo 370z and TWO mustang mach 1s just sitting in a field rusting away.

Man, it's sad to know that a blacked out Nismo 370Z is just left rusting away. :(

Lol, see The Stig Farmer's reply above. Above, above, as in the previous page!

Maybe not for you, but for others it might be.

I don't see how its such a rare car. There are literally loads everywhere. I see enough I don't even bother taking pictures anymore...and that's in New York. Remember we have salted roads up here (not that anyone drives them in the winter anyways). I'd figure you'd see a helluva lot more down in the southern states.

In the UK it is.

Tree'd. The Internet at this hotel is sloooow.

Oops, didn't realize he was in the UK.

Don't really care for the large MACH 1 text or the fog lamps but it is nice. Wonder what motor it had in it, there was like four 5.8L options that year.

That first LTD shot is a great use of fisheye, Diego! The other shots probably would have been just as good or better with a 35mm. And most of them should be in the Events and Showroom thread, since they're not "wild" spots. But still nice to see them.

Saw this in a parking lot this morning. I saw the same car at a car show in the area a few weeks back, maybe the guy's just driving around town.

IMG_20130721_194745_zps199297dc.jpg

Great spot. Less than 8 or so in the US alone, & even less than that have been certified to be driven under Show & Display. 👍👍

That first LTD shot is a great use of fisheye, Diego! The other shots probably would have been just as good or better with a 35mm. And most of them should be in the Events and Showroom thread, since they're not "wild" spots. But still nice to see them.

I've been away for too long I guess. Didn't know there was a Events and Showroom thread :/

I recently got a GoPro, so many of the shots are with the fisheye. I have a normal camera, I'll see what I can post from those. Thanks for the coments 👍

I've also been taking part for a few years in the #morninautos project, or at least that's how it started, and it's mostly active on Instagram, but there's a few cools and rare cars I've managed to catch, in Caracas, Atlanta, New York, Miami and Chicago, which I'll be posting every now and then.

like this:

Ford Fairlane 500
s62sXHl.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty rare for me and I'm in NY just like you. 👍

I've seen 4 of them in the past 2 weeks. A black and silver Mach 1, a light blue and white one and a bright red one. Counting this one as well, my neighbor also has a black '71 coupe with Magnum 500 wheels. I hardly consider them rare. I was even on vacation for some of it and I saw them everywhere. Depends on where you are in the state I guess.

Slashfan these forums are global, therefore sightings in this thread are all relative. Despite what legacyMachine says above, a lot of Astons, Bentleys, BMWs, Mercs and Audis posted in this thread are relatively common in the UK and Europe, but in the US may be more scarce. I've only ever seen one Mach 1 and that was at a show, however have seen many Ferraris, Lamborghinis etc. So if I saw one it would be a pretty unique spot, that's kinda what this thread is about.

I live in a part of the UK where having a base spec Cayman is considered exotic simply because the only people rich enough to buy a £100,000 car wouldn't live in Carlisle ;)

Fair comment, goes to show that what's a rare sighting and what isn't can be broken down by region as well as country, same goes in the US as has been discussed here before :)

Slashfan
I don't see how its such a rare car. There are literally loads everywhere. I see enough I don't even bother taking pictures anymore...and that's in New York.

And yet you post about a Ford in every thread you can get your mouse to point on. Also, you live in a state with the second-highest number of registered vehicles.

Far from wanting to add more salt in the wounds, logs to the fire or just stir crap up, here's a bunch of classic Mustangs I've seen in the last few weeks. While watching an old Mustang isn't that rare here, what is rare is the conditions, and since most classics posted in this thread are close to mint condition, that is something very rare here, since car parts are expensive. So here's some Mustangs in different maintenance states.

xyEzFPk.jpg

R9E7akX.jpg

el2g0N3.jpg

WnDExwZ.jpg

azXHYgY.jpg

WH8EMUs.jpg

kg4EAVW.jpg

4oyzdwN.jpg

wwuezeM.jpg

nzCoMOS.jpg

Back