Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
null_zps7ec057dd.png

The second and fourth are auctions. The others are buy it now.

^ You were talking about Panameras.

Go to filter input cheapest price and then look for it.
If you can get that in good condition for 1k I'll buy it off you for 5. There must be something wrong there.

Very aware of this. The Ford F650 is under that. It's weight plus having air brakes makes you have to have a CDL to drive it.

Not according to the link..

I agree about air brakes however they're an option. Not all F-650's have them. About weight, it's under 26,001 not over it? So it's unladen weight is not a factor.👍

You could make a case about specific trucks.:) But saying all F-650's require a CDL is not true.:P:P

Well, my photos are bad here, but it was the best I could do as I was traveling by car at the time:

Pontiac GTO
IMG_20130622_174817_zps4fc11cd6.jpg

Older pickup with a camo paint scheme
IMG_20130709_184508_zps8c1e1a34.jpg

Porsche Cayenne
IMG_20130720_110118_zps7a565ea9.jpg

Porsche Cayenne #2
IMG_20130720_140450_zps46a5cf62.jpg

Old Rolls Royce behind the Ford Taurus
IMG_20130720_141407_zpsbd1a6568.jpg

Range Rover, okay; I kinda like these SUVs.
IMG_20130720_141740_zps2ddaca86.jpg

Ford F350 Dually, I have no idea what type exactly
IMG_20130720_142927_zpse4ea9001.jpg

BMW Z3 Roadster
IMG_20130720_143113_zpsd0e181d2.jpg

Modded Dodge Challenger
IMG_20130720_172127_zps569218ec.jpg

BMW M3 Coupe (e36)
IMG_20130720_172427_zps2d4a1157.jpg

Dodge Charger SRT-8
IMG_20130720_183629_zps3040b0bb.jpg

Mercedes-Benz SL (R230, missing a couple badges)
IMG_20130720_191838_zpsfb16d908.jpg

Ford Focus ST
IMG_20130721_162605_zpsfc2e19ca.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro SS
IMG_20130721_164140_zps6be40eea.jpg

2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 (first time I've seen one in Grabber Blue)
IMG_20130721_150020_zps4f9d95a4.jpg

VW Golf Mk.V GTI
IMG_20130720_163603_zps34e0a74c.jpg

BMW M3 e36 #2
IMG_20130720_163519_zps93ce6a27.jpg

BMW M3 e46 Coupe
IMG_20130721_185951_zps65e37e47.jpg

BMW M3 e36 #3
IMG_20130720_152653_zpsee68ad9b.jpg

I need to improve my picture taking on the highway, I missed a lot of other great cars and the quality is poor.

Great collection of South American Mustangs! I especially love the composition of this shot. Not that you had to do anything to get the great blocks of color, that's free thanks to cool period Latin American design (70's/80's).

And such silly back and forth here. Anybody that posts something like "that's not good" or "that's common" or whatever is truly an idiot. It's okay to look at a post (like RandomCarGuy's above) and think, wow, I see most of those cars all the time, and would never take a picture of any. You can think that, but the conclusion isn't "I should tell the guy his spots suck." The conclusion is, oh, this guy is somewhat new to spotting, doesn't get out much, is very enthusiastic... something like that. Understand that every picture posted here is good to the person posting it. Don't try to disagree with that, try to understand why it's good to them.

And yet you post about a Ford in every thread you can get your mouse to point on. Also, you live in a state with the second-highest number of registered vehicles.

A lot of the time I don't bother to take pictures because I know I can't act fast enough to get a decent shot anyways.

The point about most registered vehicles is partially because of New York City. Cut that off and that number drops substantially.

I agree with the others, what is common to someone can be rare for someone else that lives in a different location. The only common ford mustangs for me are mostly V6 mustangs and GTs, models like the Mach I and Boss 302 are still quite rare.

Slash, do you get the point I made above?
Where was it? I may have missed it.
I agree with the others, what is common to someone can be rare for someone else that lives in a different location. The only common ford mustangs for me are mostly V6 mustangs and GTs, models like the Mach I and Boss 302 are still quite rare.

I do see a lot of newer V6 ones, a few 5.0s here and there though. Mostly old stuff V8s.

Here you go:

And such silly back and forth here. Anybody that posts something like "that's not good" or "that's common" or whatever is truly an idiot. It's okay to look at a post (like RandomCarGuy's above) and think, wow, I see most of those cars all the time, and would never take a picture of any. You can think that, but the conclusion isn't "I should tell the guy his spots suck." The conclusion is, oh, this guy is somewhat new to spotting, doesn't get out much, is very enthusiastic... something like that. Understand that every picture posted here is good to the person posting it. Don't try to disagree with that, try to understand why it's good to them.

Edit: and sorry for the strong language (idiot), nothing personal. And for me, the greatest feedback is silence. If nobody is commenting on my posts, I know that nobody cares, and I stop posting those cars (sometimes... like regular Chevelles and old regular Mustangs and S4's and Corvette Grand Sports... there's a ton of stuff I used to get excited about and shoot that I rarely do any more.)

I do. But as I've said for me it's nothing new but I appreciate seeing them here 👍

Great collection of South American Mustangs! I especially love the composition of this shot. Not that you had to do anything to get the great blocks of color, that's free thanks to cool period Latin American design (70's/80's).

To be honest, I actually like backgrounds when taking these pictures. Sometimes, even if the car is no big deal, but the background is, I'll take the pic... of course, nothing to do here.

I'm in Los Angeles for a week so car spotting should be aplenty. Internets slow so I'll probably not be updating until I get back.

Not 15 minutes after getting off the plane, saw my first Tesla Model S! :D It's LOADED with these out here. Saw over 10 today.

Tesla Model S
by ilikewaffles11, on Flickr

Also, loaded with Panameras. Mostly turbos.

Porsche Panamera Turbo

All I got so far today. Certainly not all I've seen however. :D

I'm in Los Angeles for a week so car spotting should be aplenty. Internets slow so I'll probably not be updating until I get back.

Not 15 minutes after getting off the plane, saw my first Tesla Model S! :D It's LOADED with these out here. Saw over 10 today.

Tesla Model S

Also, loaded with Panameras. Mostly turbos.

Porsche Panamera Turbo

All I got so far today. Certainly not all I've seen however. :D

Not sure if you've seen the videos/pictures, but be on the lookout for the Saudi Pagani Huayra!

Went to the Newport/Cincinnati area again, and spotting was meh. Missed an Audi R8 V8 while we were riding on an amphibious craft, and it sounded awesome.

I wasn't even sure if I should post this or not since you can barely see the car, but it's the white classic right above the brown SUV. I'm thinking it was a Ford of some sort.

El Camino.

Neon SRT-4

Unknown...

My first Maserati in a while, a Quattroporte!

A blurry picture of an IS-F.

BMW Activehybrid7. Sorry if this isn't really a good spot, but before I saw this, I never even knew it existed. I looked it up online, and it's base price was around $85,000, and it's obviously not a base model... It's supposedly the fastest hybrid in the world (IIRC), with 350hp from a 3.0L 6 cyl. that gets 30mpg.

Older Nissan. (It's the red car towards the bottom of the picture) I can't remember if it said 200SX or 240SX, but I know someone on here will know.

And then we got lost...

Pretty sure this is a Turbo.

Roush Mustang. (Sorry the picture is so far away, he was going really fast.

Z06

S2000

P.S, if you're a ricer, you'll like Cincinnati. ;) Never seen so many lowered, cambered, fart canned, Civics in my life in one city.

I'm in Los Angeles for a week so car spotting should be aplenty.
Welcome to the Sunshine State:tup:!
Well this is special... it's one of the real cars from the movie Christine with the signatures from all the actors on the dash. Dont't belive me? Check the plates.http://christinemoviecar.com/
G63ZMwB.jpg

ZoWLVYo.jpg

iiSQCHZ.jpg
SlT3B24.jpg

I'm so bad at these... Vanquish?
gmsYUyH.jpg

Vantage?
HMsu1eS.jpg

Cm1ATwg.jpg

'Busa
ngonWKE.jpg

GT40
BXUpHdz.jpg

K4RC1XM.jpg

S65
x1ALYvT.jpg

RS4, yay or nay on the S6 wheels?
obTybZZ.jpg

Last edited:
It's actually is a Z31 300ZX GT916, the brake lights on the red one are on the top while the 280zx picture has the brake lights on the bottom.

I'm so bad at these... Vanquish?
gmsYUyH.jpg

Vantage?
HMsu1eS.jpg

The first one kinda looks like a Virage to me and the 2nd Aston is a V8 Vantage. Great Spots though, I love the Gulf GT40!

Not sure if you've seen the videos/pictures, but be on the lookout for the Saudi Pagani Huayra!

I had actually, was hoping I'd see it but I guess that's not happening now!

Thanks. :P You are so lucky to live here haha.

Was making an attempt to car spot with my camera and man it's harder than I thought. I think out of only 10 shots I managed to get, only about 6 are decent quality. Doesn't help that my camera has hardly any zoom.

Ps: Is the new 991 GT3 on sale? I managed to get a pic of a 991 with a large GT3-ish spoiler. Is it just aftermarket or...?

P.S.S: 911 Carrera Cabrio at the hotel

Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet (996)

Last edited:
Back