Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
Okay, I just want to make sure this is clear. BMWs, Land Rovers, Audis, & Mercs aren't considered interesting right?

I think it really depends. Some can be boring, others can be nice. Luxury cars in general though, at least for me, don't stand out too much. I feel they blend in.

M cars, supercharged Landies, S/RS Audis and AMG Mercs are. Also tuned examples of whatever car, yeah.

Oh cool, I guess I'll continue my picture hunting with that in mind.

This isn't a S63 AMG, unfortunately. No quad exhausts, small rotor setup in the front compared to what the AMG has, & no ventilation in the front for said brakes. Plus, the base wheels were never available on the AMGs.

Well, that's quite disappointing. Of course I should have guessed that, that S Class pic reminded me of the normal one I saw earlier.

This isn't a S63 AMG, unfortunately. No quad exhausts, small rotor setup in the front compared to what the AMG has, & no ventilation in the front for said brakes. Plus, the base wheels were never available on the AMGs.

Aww, I'm so disappointed. 👎:(

I should've known since I noticed that the wheels looked rather sub-par.

Anyone know if AMG rims are optional on a regular S550? Thats been bugging me since I saw one today didn't take a pic because it was not a S550 AMG. 1,300th post. :) They were like rims on the merc Josh posted but it wasn't a S63.

AMG wheels can be optioned onto pretty much every Mercedes-Benz model, but are especially common on S550s.

Oh cool, I guess I'll continue my picture hunting with that in mind.

:banghead:

Are we still on about this?

Cano's answer should be interpreted like this: if it's not one of the types he listed, then really probably please don't post it. If it is one of the types he listed, AND YOU THINK IT'S A GOOD SPOT, then yeah, post it. Don't post ANYTHING because you think we'll think it's good. Good is subjective, and only you can be the judge of that.

Don't think, based on Cano's answer, that we want you to go out scouring for the types of cars he listed to share with us. Be your own spotter. The first 10 times you see these kinds of cars, you'll naturally get excited, take a picture if you can, and be excited to share it with us. And that's great! Eventually, though, M3's, S4's, Land Rovers of any type, etc., will become unexciting for you to spot. When that happens, stop taking pictures of them, and stop sharing them with us. I don't even reach for the camera any more for half the stuff that I used to find exciting, for example, a Bentley Continental GT last week, couldn't be bothered to take a picture of it. M3's rarely. S4s never, unless Avant.

Sorry for the rant, but seriously, if you have to ask, you're missing the point, so I felt like I had to get shouty.

And a few I spotted today that I liked.

Conquest

Stingray, don't usually post these but I liked the lighting

STO, one of last 1500 NA's sold in the US, saw this guy out last winter and not again until tonight

International beer truck in the grocery store! And it's my favorite beer!

Last edited:
I do like to post what I think is interesting but there are times I take pics to please you all =P

Porsche 911 Targa (930), you can barely see it. I'm bad at taking pictures on the road.
IMG_20130828_162825_zps0e966867.jpg

Ford Focus ST Mk.3
IMG_20130828_164716_zps42f4a417.jpg

Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C4), I took it because of the wing. I didn't think I would see a corvette with that kind of spoiler on it.
IMG_20130828_185114_zps5c604205.jpg

The worst picture of a VW Rabbit GTI...in the world.
IMG_20130828_165346_zps7d71bc45.jpg

Pontiac G6 GXP, did they really make these?
IMG_20130829_141929_zpsd6e72eff.jpg

This was may favorite of the recent wild car spots; a BMW 840CI. I've never seen one before in real life and this is one of my favorite BMWs.
IMG_20130829_150632_zps2a086cc1.jpg

IMG_20130829_150619_zps33cf6e2d.jpg

There you go! You know what you like to spot, and I have to say, I think I've even taken a couple photos of GXP's over the past couple years, because they're not common and they look like they should be good... Old GTI, yes, old Porsche, yes, but mostly yes on the 8 series, if they're not already they will soon be classics. I think I've seen like 4 total since I started spotting.

Awesome and I'll I need to do now is improve my picture taking when on the road. Another funny thing I haven't tried though is watching out for cars that pass by on my street.

Porsches in general are becoming a bit common where I live too.

EDIT: This saturday, I might be going on another small adventure. Which will give me another opportunity to practice my wild shots.

Last edited:
First off, I would like to apologize for claiming a spot without a picture, but I just have to say this... Today in Kentucky, I seen a 2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7... We were going opposite ways down the interstate or else I would've gotten a picture. It was red with black wheels.

Here are my spots with pictures:

Beautiful Cadillac

Two Skylarks or Chevelles on a trailer.

I wouldn't normally take a picture of an Evoque, but this one looked really good. It was a red 2 door with black wheels.

Oldsmobile Electra 225

This guy had a lot of old cars out front, but this one was the only one I could get a picture of.

'68?

Anyone help with this? License plate read Sprint S? Sorry if it's too common.

Mini Sprint S by playnthru, on Flickr

Found a litte info out about this, it is a 1967 Converted to Sprint specs and then converted to Wood & Pickett specs.

Last edited:
Geoff Thomas approached Neville Trickett to build a Mini that had never been built before. The MiniSprint is chopped in height and in length but only by about 1-2 inches so a total of around 2-4 inches. There was only about 50 of them made originally but then other companies tried to make replicas of the car and whether it's the real deal or not I couldn't tell but if it is, that's certainly not common.

EDIT: You all got there before me! :( Oh and don't quote me on this because I'm going off memory.

Thanks guys, I had no idea about the Sprint S. Looks like it's a replica or re-body by the taillights and big back window.

Still kinda cool I hope.:scared:

Yeah, I think it's cool. Seen a Mercedes 280E today and a Porsche Cayman(second one I've seen in 2 days, I'm not going to post the Cayman because it's not that rare) but there's only 101 of the 280E left in the U.K. so kinda rare I guess. I'll post them tomorrow because I've lost my phone.

Saw something I'd never heard of today! This repair shop gets the best stuff... so I should probably be taking my car there, too.

TVR 2500M, 1/947

felt inspired to take a shot of this guy

and here's something else you don't see every day... well, unless you drive one

Back