Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,856 comments
A speedy cooper
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I've seen a fair bit of cool stuff recently, but the pick of the batch is this TVR race car on a trailer. My first ever TVR spot! I wish I knew where he was going so i could get decent photos, but this should prove that it happened.
image.jpg

2012 Super Bee (I know I'm eating some previous words by posting this...)

RS4

Model S

Mazdaspeed3

a daylight spot of probably the same SRT Grand Cherokee I first spotted a few nights ago

and the first thing and the real prize of the day, lovely 1988 328 GTS with 25k miles and a very nice owner (he said I had a good car, too!)

What's the car behind the Charger? A Z31 300ZX or a Starion?

As for the Mazdaspeed 3...that should be in the questionable mods. The RX-8 wheels aren't bad, but smoked taillights and that stupid "Evil M" emblem mod are horrid. :yuck: Hate how the majority of the Mazda community thinks it's cool to cut bits off the emblem to make this "Evil M."

my Z31, and my reason for working ;) some day... some day... 1998ish Z32 twin turbo engine, but a lot to do before that.

and to follow up on a spot I had previously, it had been decided this was a kit car, mostly Ford. it is in fact a 1975 Leata, one of 22 made in Idaho by a curious fellow. just wanted to share the update. also, likely with a 2.3 Pinto engine with 83hp in a 1250lb car, that a pretty nice power to weight ratio!

Also came across a few classics parked up together:

Very cool post! 👍

my Z31, and my reason for working ;) some day... some day... 1998ish Z32 HEMI III twin turbo engine, but a lot to do before that.

Yeah I like how that sounds :dopey:

Spotted these in Doha this week.
I can assure you that the driver of the Maserati completely met the rich Arabian sterotype - white robe, headcloth held on by a black ring, and aviator sunglasses.

1980 Buick Skyhawk. Not common these days and especially rare because it's a Buick variation, and this was the last year of it's production. Very rare car. It looked unrestored as well, so to see a survivor is even more rare.

Last edited:
Saw a ISF, Very Clean 911T, gallardo at my job and a countach before heading home.
Edit: Im sorry, I dont know how to turn those pictures to be straight. Uploaded from my phone D:

Awesome spots, but is it just me or does the Countach look a little off? Even for the 25th Anniversary it has a lot of angles, and pretty small side windows. Speaking as someone who has seen a few Countach kits close up :)

Also came across a few classics parked up together:

Awesome cars, looks like an event though and there is another thread for that, though could they have been on their way to an event? And is it sad that I spotted a Maestro there?

Why does it seem like in London you either drive an amazing car or a crapbox?

Cause in the UK we love our exotics (particularly in London, granted) but also our old "classic" crapboxes, hence you get the best of both worlds in this thread :)

Last edited:
Awesome cars, looks like an event though and there is another thread for that, though could they have been on their way to an event? And is it sad that I spotted a Maestro there?

It's more of a small local pub meetup I've noticed whenever I go past that place sometimes on Sunday afternoons. I was at a family event there last Sunday and I half-figured I'd find a handful of classics cars once we arrived. All of the owners live nearby and attend classic car shows in the area from what I gathered.

And that was indeed a Maestro back there, along with the Humber Hawk estate I posted here last month.

I would have gotten out right there, walked up to his window and thanked him for his service.

Still was able to hit 90 on a on ramp when we went for a drive in it.
A good set of highway gears in the back and that car will do 150-155 no problem (provided the engine is in good condition).

Sounds like it was fun though. You should have recorded it lol

Wasn't really into cars as I am now, also didn't bring a camera along.
Yeah luckily I had my iPod to record the one time I caught a ride in a '70 Mach 1. Boy it was like a dream come true *gazes to the sky*

10700141916_436c8b2b70_c.jpg

I present to you a - a.....

I don't know what it is. All I saw was Trooper, written on the left side. So, I'm thinking Toyota Land Cruiser, or Jeep. It had North Dakota plates, so I know it was imported, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's a domestic.

Back