Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,857 comments
Saw this at school.

jspponwd.jpg

Would emergency vehicles count as "good"? There's a building near my house that stores vehicles and equipment for hazmat, bomb squad, SWAT, etc. Not an everyday sight.

Meh, my phone doesn't like this uploading thing, they're all the right way up for me.

Some pics from Friday. Nothing extraordinary and nothing of quality but I figured I'd post them anyways. We went to Louisville to see family and go to a cave. It was also dark so the pictures didn't turn out very good.

Falcon, I believe.

IMG_2435.jpg

Just a Carrera, but why not.

IMG_2436.jpg

Damaged 911 Carrera, a Boxster, and a Cayman.

IMG_2437.jpg

I thought this picture turned out a lot better than it did, but it was really crap. I did some mild editing and it made it a bit better, and I was hoping maybe someone could ID these Porsches but the picture is so crappy I'm not really sure if it's possible.

IMG_2439.jpg

I don't think they were 911's. Isn't there another Porsche that looks very similar to the 911 but it has some differences? (sorry if I'm not making sense, typing this up in a hurry)

A dirty dirty '55? Bel Air.

IMG_2442.jpg

*takes a deep br- oh screw it MY ONLY DECENT PICTURE WAS RUINED BY A BUILDING BEING IN THE WAY GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! :banghead: 🤬

:lol:

56 bel air, Looks promising
If you use your phone for pics, check and see if it has a night mode If you don't like using flash. Your other pics are really dark

I thought this picture turned out a lot better than it did, but it was really crap. I did some mild editing and it made it a bit better, and I was hoping maybe someone could ID these Porsches but the picture is so crappy I'm not really sure if it's possible.

IMG_2439.jpg

I don't think they were 911's. Isn't there another Porsche that looks very similar to the 911 but it has some differences? (sorry if I'm not making sense, typing this up in a hurry)

There was actually, there's a similar Porsche built around that time called the 912. That's what those Porsches could be. Either way, older Porsches are great spots.

Wish I could get in my neighbors garage then. They have 2 that look like 914's.

Well, I actually have been getting quite a few decent spots (but with bad quality due to taking them in motion). I just haven't been bothered to share them with you guys, sorry about that. Anyway; here's what I've been spotting lately.

Old Chevrolet Pickup Truck, probably a 3100
IMG_20131122_141639_zpsb0094aff.jpg

Ford Shelby GT500
IMG_20131122_142932_zps55c255da.jpg

Nissan 240SX S14 (Kouski Body, my favorite silvia bodystyle)
IMG_20131122_150449_zps6d531ba7.jpg

Clean Looking C3 Corvette
IMG_20131122_150656_zps40413446.jpg

Saleen S281 (SN95)
IMG_20131124_161201_zps389183a3.jpg

You can barely see it, but there's a Datsun 240Z behind the Lancer (my timing sucks).
IMG_20131126_112132_zpscf1536e4.jpg

Lexus SC300 I think, I haven't seen many of these tbh.
IMG_20131124_171128_zpsdcda2e2f.jpg

Early 30s Ford Coupe
IMG_20131129_164245_zps025db79d.jpg

Chevrolet EL Camino
IMG_20131201_160511_zpsc94be7c0.jpg

Damn that is a nice New Edge S281. I am sucker for while Saleens. BTW it looks like it has the 3 piece rear spoiler which makes it a '02 or '03.

56 bel air, Looks promising
If you use your phone for pics, check and see if it has a night mode If you don't like using flash. Your other pics are really dark

Thanks for the year confirmation! I use a digital camera for my spotting (usually. I don't always have it with me however) and it takes awful pictures in the dark if you're not up close and not moving. It also helps if the car is parked against a wall so the flash can bounce back but that's not important. I need to go through my camera or check the manual or something to see if there's a night mode. I use shutter speed priority during the day which vastly reduces the blur of a picture when you're moving but if it's just starting to get dark out, the pictures will be really dark, and that's when I turn it to auto.

There was actually, there's a similar Porsche built around that time called the 912. That's what those Porsches could be. Either way, older Porsches are great spots.

912 was what I was thinking but for some reason it didn't sound right. Thanks for the confirmation! They were very rusty and probably being used as parts cars...

Some of these photos are so bad they are not even worthy of being posted on here. :lol:

Oh I do hope you're joking...

• Don't just state the name of the car. Give us a picture at least - even if it's a crap one from a camera phone. If you can't show us the car, how can we believe that you saw it? And don't just replicate an image from Supercars.net or the vendor's web site: we want to see THE car that you saw.

Damn that is a nice New Edge S281. I am sucker for while Saleens. BTW it looks like it has the 3 piece rear spoiler which makes it a '02 or '03.
I personally am a sucker these new edge Saleens myself. The S197 S281s just never caught my eye as these did.

Some of these photos are so bad they are not even worthy of being posted on here. :lol:
I honestly don't care about quality. As long as they're visible, I think they're fine to post. The last I checked, this is a thread for just sharing interesting cars you've seen, not a photo gallery showing so called professional, quality shots in HD.

I am not joking. @RandomCarGuy17 Well I'm not asking for perfectly composed photos, I just want to able to see the whole car. The one of the Datsun 240, those are the type of photos that are not worthy.

I am not joking.

Well then you honestly don't belong in this thread...

I honestly don't care about quality. As long as they're visible, I think they're fine to post. The last I checked, this is a thread for just sharing interesting cars you've seen, not a photo gallery showing so called professional, quality shots in HD.

This. Professional DSLR quality is nice and all, but not most people can't afford a camera like that. And even if they could, the rules/guidelines in the OP state that any picture of the car you took is allowed. Quality is not a factor in whether it's worthy of this thread. After all, it is a thread called Did You See Anything Good Today[?] not Did You Take Any Great Pictures of Anything Today[?].

@xXKingJoshXx I am not expecting top quality photos. All I am asking is that I can see the whole vehicle, and with decent lighting. The photos of cars were it is pitch black, or only a quarter of the vehicle is visible, is not worth posting IMO.

If you saw something good make sure we can see it.

@xXKingJoshXx I am not expecting top quality photos. All I am asking is that I can see the whole vehicle, and with decent lighting. The photos of cars were it is pitch black, or only a quarter of the vehicle is visible, is not worth posting IMO.

If you saw something good make sure we can see it.
I've seen a bunch of people on this thread post similar things to that picture I posted and there's millions of low visible shots on this thread. So, I think it's alright.
I also can see King Josh's picture of the Porsches just fine and I can easily identify the Datsun behind the lancer just by the color, rear window, & tailight.

All that is needed in this thread is proof that you seen the car. The picture of the 240 above was good enough because you can see through the windows of the other car.

With the picture I posted of the 912's, I knew the lighting was terrible, which is why I said that...

The photos of cars were it is pitch black, or only a quarter of the vehicle is visible, is not worth posting IMO.
If I saw something particularly interesting, took some shots, uploaded them and didn't see any discernible features whatsoever or they were too blurry to make out. Then no, they wouldn't be worth posting.

But @xXKingJoshXx and @RandomCarGuy17 did post some good finds. The ones that are only partially visible or the lighting wasn't brilliant aren't something I'd include, but I suppose it beats claiming you saw something with no evidence to back it up. Nothing against poorer shots in the OP either, interestingly.

Last edited:
Thank you @Wiegert.

Anyway, I'm just getting started. The new area I'm living at is thriving with interesting cars and I look forward to when I'm finally fully settled in the area; I'll be able to post some more spots.

I agree with Liam; nobody's expecting professional quality photos, but at the same time, going through page after page of photos where the car is waaaaay in the distance, barely visible, or is almost completely hidden by something else, or is almost impossible to see in the dark is a drag. I don't want to single anyone out or make anyone feel bad, and I've posted plenty of crappy photos myself, but this thread would improve if everyone stuck to photos where the car is discernible. Quality > quantity.

I'm actually square in the middle.

On the one hand, this thread was started to improve the previous thread where photos were optional. The idea was, DYSAGT? But don't just say what you saw, back it up with a photo. Because too many dubious claimants were ruining an otherwise fairly entertaining thread. So, technically, all you need in this incarnation of DYSAGT is some photo of your own of a car you saw today or recently that you thought was interesting and wanted to share.

And yet, at least for me as a laptop GTPlanet user, I'd have to say that this thread would yes benefit from better editing/handling of photos, at the very least. Little car in the the middle of a photo that I can see is quite large is my biggest pet peeve. Zoom in and crop, post just the part of the photo that includes the car with a little border around the car. I use MS Paint before uploading to Flickr.

But beyond that, I personally use another filter before posting here. If it's not either really interesting or a great photo, I don't post it. So if it's both a rather ordinary classic car or Porsche, M3, Bentley, etc., and is a fuzzy/long distance/dark photo, then I don't bother posting it.

I'll admit, I rarely leave my phone shots unedited. Most of them are cropped with a slight boost in contrast to help look less faded, and reduced to a more manageable size. Plus I tend to filter some cars out before posting, though most of them are relatively uncommon but otherwise not inherently interesting in my opinion (old Sierras, Cavaliers and such). It doesn't stop me from making the odd exception every now and again, mind.

If you can't really do much to improve them though and you can still tell what's being shown without much trouble, I don't necessarily have a major problem with them. So long as they aren't massive bandwidth hogs or vague blurs a mile away.

Last edited:
Back