Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,857 comments
Just have to say, Wiegert, that those old Sierras and Cavaliers would be GREAT to see for somebody who's never seen them. I wouldn't object to a few more of them slipping into your posts!

Just have to say, Wiegert, that those old Sierras and Cavaliers would be GREAT to see for somebody who's never seen them. I wouldn't object to a few more of them slipping into your posts!

Well I have considered posting leftover shots I decided not to delete. I mean, these two models were everywhere up until the mid-00s. Plus the old Cavalier was awful in its day, and awfully rare today. Especially the estate version.

Attachments

• DSC_0345.jpg
    DSC_0345.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0473.jpg
    DSC_0473.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Feels like I'm watching old Top Gear! Wish there was some way to watch more of those old episodes from the 80's...

Yeah, I would love to see some more older, Euro Fords on this thread as they rarely made their way over to the US. There's only 1 gen of the Ford Sierra that was sold over here and I've only seen one of them during my lifetime.

Good god they're ugly! (Apart from the GT which is gorgeous)

Monaro one week. VXR8 the next:

DSC_0545.jpg

XKR

DSC_0547.jpg

And I won't post the full image because of the quality, but there's a Hummer H1 in the middle of the shot:

Attachments

• DSC_0546.jpg
    DSC_0546.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Well I have considered posting leftover shots I decided not to delete. I mean, these two models were everywhere up until the mid-00s. Plus the old Cavalier was awful in its day, and awfully rare today. Especially the estate version.

Loving these! I do still see a few Sierras knocking around (though mainly the Sapphire shape, rarely the older hatch and *never* see the very early ones with the grill and square lights) but haven't seen a Cavalier of that generation for a long time. They are genuinely a rare sight, and it's sad that cars from the late 70s and 80s are only just starting to be regarded as classics, as few of them have been looked after.

Loving these! I do still see a few Sierras knocking around (though mainly the Sapphire shape, rarely the older hatch and *never* see the very early ones with the grill and square lights) but haven't seen a Cavalier of that generation for a long time. They are genuinely a rare sight, and it's sad that cars from the late 70s and 80s are only just starting to be regarded as classics, as few of them have been looked after.

I've seen a couple of Cossies recently with the original front end design, but I can't recall the last time I saw one of the early standard Sierras. Lower spec versions have all but vanished over the last 15 years, and the same goes for many other models that were a common sight not too long ago. Makes me wonder how many surviving Mk1 Orions there are, since my dad owned a white Ghia for much of the 90s.

And I guess there's no harm in posting the only other shot I neglected to uploaded a few weeks ago:

Attachments

• DSC_0388.jpg
    DSC_0388.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
3k9eevzu.jpg

The person driving this could not drive a stick shift to save their life :lol: Nothing but grinding. Although that's assuming it's mechanically sound.

Not my photo but a friends,(Brian Luenser) a Chevy ZR1 getting stuck in downtown Fort Worth. Right now my home town is experiencing a massive ice storm that pretty much screwed everything up. Sorry, our city isn't equipped for ice storms like this. Funny thing was, last week it was 79 degrees.

2mmbz81.jpg

Been a while, but spotted something nice yesterday evening. Surprising given the weather we've been having for the past few weeks in Ohio...

V8 Vantage... I think

also, went on an interesting delivery the other night to a local body shop... couldn't resist. white GranCab next to me had its rear end ripped off, don't know what was the matter with the others...

another thing you don't see every day... SVT Contour. Also SVT Focus and SRT Neon, but meh, see more of those and the photos were worse than this...

And I had my photo taken yesterday by some kids in a Civic. That's always nice. I like my car!

Back