Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,858 comments
Sure is, I really don't like MX5's but yours looks awesome!

Last edited:
I'd rather see your car in the street than the Viper you caught. Very cool.

Guess which would be faster on the downhill? That's be fun to see, Miata beats Viper! Also, was going to guess Miata from the camera angle. Aren't they one of the lowest center-of-gravity cars on the road?

Spotted a Corrado and a GT86 having a chat this morning on the way to the hairdressers. I'm not too keen on the Corrado's lights, or wheels, but a rarity nonetheless.

Bbc_Lo6IQAA0jhL.jpg:large

Who cares what engine it has, its cool because of the fact that its a mustang and still shows what a mustang stands for. You wouldn't say the same a out a 65 with an inline 6 would you?

Didn't think so. It's not what engine a car has, its what the car symbolizes.

Who cares what engine it has, its cool because of the fact that its a mustang and still shows what a mustang stands for. You wouldn't say the same a out a 65 with an inline 6 would you?

Well of course you have no problem with Mustangs, they're practically all you post about. Imagine if everyone started photographing Miatas, not rare editions or modified ones, just garden variety Miatas. Is that also acceptable because it "shows what a Miata stands for", or would you, like the rest of us, get tired of it?

Didn't think so. It's not what engine a car has, its what the car symbolizes.
Slash, noone here is saying the V6 Mustang is a bad car, it's just a Mustang that's seen all of the time. Of course I wouldn't say the same about a 1965 I-6 Mustang, because it's not so common as I only see it at car shows or every so often and it's a classic.

Well of course you have no problem with Mustangs, they're practically all you post about. Imagine if everyone started photographing Miatas, not rare editions or modified ones, just garden variety Miatas. Is that also acceptable because it "shows what a Miata stands for", or would you, like the rest of us, get tired of it?
Honestly it probably wouldnt bother me.

The point of this thread is to post cars you see that you think interesting. If anyone else likes it, I view that as a bonus.

Last edited:
Honestly it probably would bother me.

The point of this thread is to post cars you see that you think interesting. If anyone else likes it, I view that as a bonus.

Well if everyone goes around taking photos of every common car that's even slightly interesting to them, then this thread would be rather boring would it not?

Honestly it probably would bother me.

If they're only appealing to one person, or very few people (V6 Mustangs to you), I'd say it might not be worth posting. As I've said before, quality > quantity, and if it causes the amount of posts in this thread to slow down, that's a worthy price to pay for having higher quality spots, and not common, garden variety sports cars.

If they're only appealing to one person, or very few people (V6 Mustangs to you), I'd say it might not be worth posting. As I've said before, quality > quantity, and if it causes the amount of posts in this thread to slow down, that's a worthy price to pay for having higher quality spots, and not common, garden variety sports cars.
This. I like the V6 Mustang personally, but I don't go around and take pictures of each one I see. That would flood the thread and I think that would annoy a lot of people.

Agreed^
I probably see 5 2005+ Mustangs a day, 1 or 2 Raptors, and that's 15 miles to and from school.
However, I did see a yellow Lotus pull out of my neighborhood today, but there was no way to get a pic... I have no idea where the nearest Lotus dealership is, or where he/she could have bought it from. Most Houston exotics sell Bentleys, Lamborghinis, you know... The normal cars :lol:

I'm sorry I meant to say it wouldn't bother me, got auto corrected. I see your points though.

This. I like the V6 Mustang personally, but I don't go around and take pictures of each one I see. That would flood the thread and I think that would annoy a lot of people.

And people who keep complaining about this sort of thing is any less annoying?

It may not be worth posting simply because it's not particularly notable to you (while being only of slight interest to me across the pond), but is there any reason to jump on a guy for posting a couple of photos while fearing that it'll forever ruin this thread in the way Doog imagined? I've yet to see a flood of everyday vehicles getting dumped in here lately.

Imagine if everyone started photographing Miatas, not rare editions or modified ones, just garden variety Miatas. Is that also acceptable because it "shows what a Miata stands for", or would you, like the rest of us, get tired of it?

Ah yes. A model that's commonplace virtually anywhere compared to one you'd be more hard pressed to find almost anywhere outside of North America. I'm fully expecting those generic Miatas to pop up here as often as somebody complaining about what some other guy finds interesting. :rolleyes:

I figured he was some place tropical, like New Zealand, where seeing ANY Mustang is rare...

They're all LHD in those shots, plus US/Canadian plates?

Last edited:
I don't know what GTA stands for next to the Canadian flag, but I notice palm trees and tiled rooves, none of which exist in Canada any time of year, let alone now. So I figure he's traveling somewhere in the Commonwealth, was just guessing New Zealand in my mind. Maybe Australia. But I don't know about LHD/RHD and where all it's found...

Does look like a Pennsylvania plate, though...

However the angle of the sun is impossible now anywhere in the northern hemisphere except maybe a few degrees north of the equator...

If it's an old photo from when he visited California last summer as saw a Mustang from PA, and he's just now posting it, that would be sad. So I'll rule that out and say yeah, I'm pretty sure he's somewhere tropical.

Only as annoying as clicking on a thread to see shots where the car is barely discernible (though that's gone down a lot), photos of cars that are universally considered average, or shots where the car's behind something, etc.

It may not be worth posting simply because it's not particularly notable to you (while being only of slight interest to me across the pond), but is there any reason to jump on a guy for posting a couple of photos while fearing that it'll forever ruin this thread in the way Doog Imagined?

I don't see anyone else having a fuss over a V6 Mustang spot. I can understand seeing a Shelby Mustang or a GT in other parts of the world, but when it's something this low on the Mustang food chain, I don't think it's particularly interesting to anybody (unless it is, correct me if seeing photos of a V6 Mustang is making someone's day that I don't know about).

It may not be worth posting simply because it's not particularly notable to you (while being only of slight interest to me across the pond), but is there any reason to jump on a guy for posting a couple of photos while fearing that it'll forever ruin this thread in the way Doog imagined? I've yet to see a flood of everyday vehicles getting dumped in here lately.

First of all, I'm just stating my opinion; that was not complaining. I just find it silly when someone posts one of the most common cars in the NA market, I didn't even think anyone else in the world would make a big deal about modern V6 mustang.

Last edited:
GTA = Greater Toronto Area

Tiled rooves = everyone in Canada has tiled rooves

I mean, seriously... Don't tell lies about Canada if you don't know about it... You say you don't know...

Fact is, Team THRT Drift is in a Spanish country somewhere in central America, but he's from Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada.

yay, thanks! knew he was somewhere where Mustangs are uncommon, even if those do look like PA plates.

And okay, I've only been to Toronto/Montreal, so I don't know about the whole country... but tiled roofs like that? It's such a tropical thing. And I have lived in Ecuador, southern Florida, and Hawaii.

Edit: and yeah, didn't know GTA stood for Greater Toronto Area, never lived there, but I'm from Cleveland, Ohio, and I travel, so I've been all over the Toronto area I can't count how many times. Closest cool town to visit (closer than NYC and Chicago.) Yes, it's its own place, and deserves to have an acronym like GTA. I can see that, just didn't know.

Only as annoying as clicking on a thread to see shots where the car is barely discernible (though that's gone down a lot), photos of cars that are universally considered average, or shots where the car's behind something, etc.

While I'm glad there's less of it, I do wish the same could be said about the recent complaining. But whatever.

First of all, I'm just stating my opinion; that was not complaining. I just find it silly when someone posts one of the most common cars in the NA market, I didn't even think anyone else in the world would make a big deal about modern V6 mustang. I never said or thought that it would ruin the thread, just if someone like me were to do something like post a bunch of a certain, common car.

I don't recall singling you out on that. Look at some of the posts preceding your own and you'll see exactly what I was talking about. But quoting the "annoying" part you mentioned was what I was trying to highlight more than anything.

And in light of the possibility that he didn't even find that Mustang in NA (V6 or not), all the flak it got doesn't really seem worth the effort. At least posting photos of what may be a less common model in his part of the world keeps in line with the thread topic.

Back