Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,858 comments
I guess this goes most to the "provide context, please" part of the thread. If he'd said originally, "first Mustang I've seen in Costa Rica" or something like that, nobody would've complained. But without the context, I'd agree, a V6 Mustang in general for most is not at all interesting, and I'd be pissed if some guy from Toronto or Kansas posted one here.

Providing context would be grand. And I guess if someone posted something like an EU equivalent of a V6 Mustang, I'd wonder why they bothered to and just move on without making a fuss. But if they repeatedly post heaps of generic crap on a frequent basis and nothing more, I might let them know about it.

It may not be worth posting simply because it's not particularly notable to you (while being only of slight interest to me across the pond).
ok cool 👍

The point of this thread is to post cars you see that you think interesting. If anyone else likes it, I view that as a bonus.

will do 👍

jQYK11Q.jpg

A very rare 4.7 Chevrolet HHR.
7lCe182.jpg

I bet you don't see any of these 3 cars across the pond very often. Plus this Saturn's plate says OAF and has the same hubcaps as my friend's Forenza. Pretty neat stuff if you ask me.
TXYelyn.jpg

A Think City is interesting and rare as well.
0j442PS.jpg

AE86, I don't see many here, and this one had the bonus of stance.
EDIT: A Lincoln MKS! Very rare spot!

Any Citroen in the US, heck yeah! Seen only 2 in my life.

And Ferraridude, not sure if joking at first... HHR 4.7? Looks like a Maserati badge stuck to a Chevy, but I don't know. And Saturn not sure why unless joking. But Think City I've never seen before, and nice AE86! Really not joking, at all?

I don't recall singling you out on that. Look at some of the posts preceding your own and you'll see exactly what I was talking about. But quoting the "annoying" part you mentioned was what I was trying to highlight more than anything.

And in light of the possibility that he didn't even find that Mustang in NA (V6 or not), all the flak it got doesn't really seem worth the effort. At least posting photos of what may be a less common model in his part of the world keeps in line with the thread topic.

Oh, sorry; it kinda felt that way to me.

I just noticed that now and I apologize. I originally didn't think he was somewhere else, I just thought he was in Canada. Alright, I'm moving on with the thread.

Pulling out of work this afternoon and checked traffic as usual, only to see a beautiful Laguna Seca Blue E46 M3 at the light. I only saw it for a sec, but it was lowered with a carbon front diffuser, so I'm assuming it was set up for track use. Beautiful car. You don't see E46s this clean often ... wish I would have been able to check it out.

I know (and that wasn't directed soley at you either just in case you took it that way).

I just find it annoying that it "automatically didn't happen" if someone didn't get a picture of it.

I know (and that wasn't directed soley at you either just in case you took it that way).

I just find it annoying that it "automatically didn't happen" if someone didn't get a picture of it.
I know that you saw it for a sec

It's even more annoying to come to a thread that requires pics and has none. It would be like describing a funny picture in the funny pic thread instead of actually posting the pic. I understand what you mean but it's more annoying when people come in here and claim a spot without a picture. I used to jump on people all the time for that but I've tried to tone it down.

I take it by 'the family van' you mean it's yours? If so, did you just bail out of it to get a shot of the Mustang? :lol:

Hahaha, yeah... It's my daily driver. Pretty horrible transition from the family jewels... The old Goat and Merc[ury] Every time I get in the van, I reach for the stick and step on the clutch.... both of which are not present. Anyway, both cars are long gone now... :(

@OP, what the heck did I start by taking a pic of a V6?! *Note to self, avoid thread explosions by finding tasty cars*

Alright to clear things a little more, and be more specific. I am currently residing in Panama. A country where American cars, though many in number, are hated and rarely sought after. In Panama, everything is delivered a bit late... that's just how it works, no disrespect to nationals lurking the thread.

The most common American car is a Ford Crown Vic. Although the Fusions are starting to take over. So yeah... any new Mustang, is a good sighting. There is a 2005 V6 Convertible in my neighborhood, but I don't take pics of that, now do I...?

Granted, the car is a bit dull... I'll try to spot something more interesting. Like a pro dragster 69 Camaro that passed me this morning... so pissed I didn't take a pic. There's also a red 68 Camaro near my neighborhood... I'll try to hunt him down for you guys.

:cheers:

Last edited:
@OP, what the heck did I start by taking a pic of a V6?! *Note to self, avoid thread explosions by finding tasty cars*
:cheers:
:nervous: :lol: Sorry about that, that was my fault. I said something and people followed and it led to a big mess. Have I known originally of where you lived, I would've said nothing. I basically forgot that a car can be considered more rare in one area than somewhere else.

Since I apparently offended some people yesterday by not posting a pic of the E46, I'll post two today ...

MKV VW R32 in traffic on the way in to work. Older guy driving with slicked gray hair, a bluetooth headset and smoking a black and mild ... threw me off a little.

r32.jpg

And, just because I have to make up for yesterday ... my coworker's E63 AMG. There are several nice cars in my work parking lot. I'll get some pics of others of you care to see them ...

E63.jpg

I'd almost whine and say these go in the events hread, but that yellow Ferrari in the first pic absolutely prevents me to. Epic.

Some recent pictures I took, still working on my timing though.

Mitsubishi 3000GT
IMG_20131206_151216_zps687042cf.jpg

1970 Chevrolet Nova
IMG_20131206_151311_zps31665280.jpg

Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
IMG_20131206_153858_zps0c195104.jpg

1971 Chevrolet Chevelle
1971ChevroletChevellecloseup2_zpsf57fcda0.jpg

1971ChevroletNovacloseup1_zps9aec713d.jpg

1969 Pontiac Firebird
PontiacFirebird1969_zps9a85398f.jpg

Mercedes-Benz SL500 Brabus?