Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,858 comments
They're pretty common on the streets where I live. :P Many of them are abandoned or riced (looking disgusting :yuck:), but some are still running in good condition.
My uncle owns one (1979 Lada 1200S), orange (the best color for this car IMO). It's currently rotting in a garage in a small town ~500 km from Moscow (where my uncle used to live, today he lives in Moscow and drives an Audi Q3). He doesn't mind giving the Lada to me, but he warns that it's in ****ty condition (last time I saw it in person was about 10 years ago, and its rear-right door did not open lol, but it was running with no problems).
I wonder if that junk can make 500 km to my home today. :lol:

Nope even better. A S12 Silvia. Looks like a ae86 but I'm sure that is a S12. I've never seen one in person, looks like its turbo to because the spoiler D=. I think they're more rare than the hachi rokus but I'm not sure.

Just googled it, looks exactly like the one in the picture. I didn't even know it existed. I've seen it cruising around my house for like a year now, never knew. Looks exactly like this:
ku-xlarge.jpg

Hell, it might even be the same car. Same wheels and color at least.

@RandomCarGuy17, I don't think there was ever a Brabus SL500. There was a Brabus SL600, I think.
Actually, I just googled the Brabus SL500 and got some results. I'm starting to think that it exist. Although, if there really isn't one, that's fine.
This brabus merc I found on google looks similar to the SL500 I was looking at, it even has the same spoiler and exhaust pipes.
3958643744_1140e3044c_z.jpg

The S14 looks great, but I'd prefer your car.

He actually got rid of an Evo VIII to get the S14. His had multiple owners and I think ended up being more trouble that it was worth. He traded for the S14 and some cash. He's a Nissan guy and has owned like 8 S-chassis cars ... the Evo was a departure.

I think he needs to lower it.
But that's just me

That's as low as it can go. The guy he got it from put those RPF1s on it and they are the wrong offset for stock bodywork.the rears poke a good 2" outside the fender ... And its already pulled a bit. Any lower and its riding on the tire. It needs over fenders or different wheels to go lower.

That is a Vehicle Production Group (known as VPG), a company based in Miami. That model is the civilian version of it's taxi, the MV-1. It has a Ford 4.6L Modular V8 from the Ford Mustang paired to a 4 speed automatic transmission. It's also wheelchair accessible. It was only built from 2011-2013. Neat spot.

Stretches the definition of "Good", but what the hell. Greg posted a Dolomite, so the gloves are off:

tmp_DSC_0013-884922465.jpg
S

Saw this while getting lunch yesterday. It was in immaculate shape, other then the headlight motors being burnt out. Of course, the things were made of plastic, so how can you tell?

tmp_DSC_00141104516468.jpg

Speakers in the headrests!

tumblr_m1dkohEsbk1r00g3do1_r1_500.gif

That is a Vehicle Production Group (known as VPG), a company based in Miami. That model is the civilian version of it's taxi, the MV-1. It has a Ford 4.6L Modular V8 from the Ford Mustang paired to a 4 speed automatic transmission. It's also wheelchair accessible. It was only built from 2011-2013. Neat spot.

Thanks for that, much appreciated! 👍

I was confused as hell, looked like a modified Honda Element. So of course had to stop. :P

Some more spots and hooray, there isn't anything blocking the cars for once! :D

There are sure a lot of LX 5.0L Mustangs in the world, but I rarely see any this clean other than in car shows. It looks even better maintained than my dad's Foxbody.
11485600643_0b35ef4111_b.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro SS
11485608133_ec79df5aaa_b.jpg

I also found this 1969 EL Camino not too far from me. Question, what's the difference between a real SS and a clone?
11485608003_26e6b0efa3_b.jpg

11485604563_6c1d958716_b.jpg

Found this today:
It's numberplate fits the car so well!

And this bumper sticker (or boot sticker?)

Isn't this ironic?!

(If you can't read it, it says: 'The closer you get, the slower I go!)

Clones can be well done...to the point you can only differentiate a real SS and non SS by the VIN or the casting numbers on the firewall. GM is notorious for using the same body style on numerous cars...for example the Lemans and GTO. The main shell (basically everything from the windshield back) is EXACTLY the same between the 2 cars...so you really need to check the casting codes on the firewall to tell a true GTO from a Lemans.

^Ah, so until I see the vin number in somecases, I wouldn't be able to tell them apart.
Anyway, I think I just figured out that it's a clone. I just found it on craigslist for my local area, the owner says it's a clone.

Latest Posts

Back