Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,858 comments
Yeah, but its like that on a lot of vehicles. Do you know how many Boss 429 clones there are? You can do literally everything that makes it look and drive authentic, but at the end of the day, that 1 letter in the VIN will tell the true story. I'd be willing to bet most of the cars you see on Google images when you type in Boss 429 are replicas. How many Shelby Cobras have you seen? I can almost guarantee you you've never laid eyes on an original 1965-1967 CSX-coded car. This is why "numbers matching" cars are so important and expensive, especially unmolested, unrestored ones, since literally everyone and their mothers mod them incredibly. This is why low poduction number specialty cars with numbers matching are so expensive ($375k for a Boss 429).

Last edited:
Alright slash, I get it. You could've just said yes and not write a full paragraph, just saying. I just wanted a confirmation of that and nothing more.

Saw this 300zx? This morning at a bookstore, also don't know what year it is. Mom's van on the right.

Looks just like my 1986, without the sunburn. Damn, looks nice! Glad somebody else is driving theirs in the winter.

Edit: Ooo! Ooo! Related story. Was getting out of my car the other night after a delivery about to head back into the restaurant when I noticed a tall, nice looking young woman walking towards me (heading for the sidewalk which was in front of my car,) and as I get out, she looks over at the car, looks up at me, and says, "I like your car! Old school, nice shape, what year is it?" Anyways, made before she was born. I just appreciate that people appreciate my car, that's why I bought it, why I drive it, it's a car that deserves to be driven, maintained, and seen.

Last edited:
Of course you did. :lol:
Although, you do have a point about the cobra clones/kit cars. I see them a lot at car shows, my favorite was the Black one I saw that had a Coyote 5.0L V8 in it.

:D

That sounds like a wicked combination, even though stock it would make less power than the comparable 427. I've actually never seen one at a car show or event, but I have seen them on the street on occasion. They were somewhat common here about 4-5 years ago. There was an indoor, small time Shelby dealership in the middle of town that sold them, but I'm assuming they were modern CSX models that were built identically to the originals (think of the production run never ending at 1967 with no changes ever being made). There were some other cools cars there as well, like an Eleanor GT500. A guy I know said the owner of the building had 2 or 3 of them, all straight from the movie itself. The dealership closed recently though, which kind of bummed me out.

:D

That sounds like a wicked combination, even though stock it would make less power than the comparable 427. I've actually never seen one at a car show or event, but I have seen them on the street on occasion. They were somewhat common here about 4-5 years ago. There was an indoor, small time Shelby dealership in the middle of town that sold them, but I'm assuming they were modern CSX models that were built identically to the originals (think of the production run never ending at 1967 with no changes ever being made). There were some other cools cars there as well, like an Eleanor GT500. A guy I know said the owner of the building had 2 or 3 of them, all straight from the movie itself. The dealership closed recently though, which kind of bummed me out.

Oh yeah, I've heard you mention 2013 Shelby Cobras before. I would love to check those out at one point in person. Although, that is a shame that the shelby dealership closed down. Did you take any pictures by any chance?

The 2013 cars are literally the EXACT same car as the 1965-1967 models. There are no differences as far as I know. I believe you can order the 427 and 289 car as well as Daytona's and track only models.

I've gotten a few pictures of the dealership in the past, but here's one from Google maps. The Eleanor was in the left window for a while. I tried to get pics at one point..I may have them on my Photobucket somewhere. I think the place was/is called 101 Performance from Superformance, which is a licensed Shelby dealership according to Shelby's website. Also, they say it's still there so they may just be renovating it. There's 20 foot "Shell" gas sign in there right now. They have one HELL of an inventory, from MKIII Cobras, to Series 1's to Gulf GT40's. Here's their website:

http://www.shelby101.com/

You can see the cars actually inside the building if you click that link, thers a ton of them in there.

2.png
3.png
shelby.png

Here's just a peak at what's behind the glass windows (this is the same car in the window)

windowcar.png

Last edited:
The 2013 cars are literally the EXACT same car as the 1965-1967 models. There are no differences as far as I know. I believe you can order the 427 and 289 car as well as Daytona's and track only models.
Nice, now only if I had the money.

I believe you can get a few of them with a few modern upgrades to make them more safe if you desire but there are originals for sale.

And I know right. They have a ton of Cobras there.

Hey, DYSAGT guys! Miss me?
Went out for a Saturday stroll around my neighborhood with my Nikon D40X.
Last month, I went to Yunnan, China for 6 weeks. I saw a couple of excellent cars, but I'll post them by the end of the year.

It's not a very pretty thing from the back, everything rearwards from the doors looks really bloated and big.

Just arrived to Hong Kong, wasn't disappointed!

Alfa Romeo GT
by jus1029's Real Life Photography, on Flickr

BMW M5 Touring [E61]

Toyota Century
First time to see this on the road! :eek:

Volkswagen Golf R32
Again, still working...

Lotus Elise
First time to capture a Lotus!

BMW 335i [E92]
Not an M3, but it's an interesting find!

Last edited:
IMG_20131219_184532.jpg
IMG_20131219_184626.jpg

This was in Panama before I left. It's a Jaguar XF (IIRC). Don't think it was an R.

Screenshot_2013-12-25-01-53-26-1.png

Right... so this happened. A friend of mine sent me this yesterday. I'm posting it on his behalf, because I want to know what the hell it is. To me it looks like an old Chevy.

I was driving along back home (here in Canada) when I saw a Jaguar XK8 cabrio turn onto the main road and just floor it. Sorry guys... the family's Plymouth Voyager was dusted so I couldn't catch up.

Last edited:
Two good spots today.

GT-R
eQJfjdC2S0U.jpg

hRIrCV6Jrag.jpg

Mustang Convertible. How is it drive a cabrio in winter when it gets -15 C sometimes?..
R0JLR2RUdCc.jpg

Saw a 335i in this thread, I guess this counts too.
An earlier spot, 435i.
JGIutPKHeJU.jpg

Back