Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,863 comments
Nothing all too special from the past few days.

Aston DB7
IMG_0769.jpg

Chevelle
IMG_0771.jpg

55 Chevy?
IMG_0772.jpg

Boeing CH-47 Chinook
IMG_0773.jpg

Porsche Boxster Spyder
IMG_0774.jpg

Pontiac Firebird
IMG_0776.jpg

Saw one of these on the road the other day.

mxtsoldierfield.jpg

It was grey or flat grey. I was like, "Damn, that is a huge hummer, wtf." Then I saw the rather conspicuous International Trucks grill.

Seen lots of cool cars of late,a corvette, a few 911s, a ferrari and something called a Dodge Explorer I think, but sadly always when i have no camera with me!
This day tho i was at a butterfly world and on the car park i spotted this VW Scirocco. I think the new ones look real funky!
Also a Fiat 500 and a BMW 3 series in same shot.

2010_vw_scirocco_by_stumm47-d3icx5a.jpg

Saw one of these on the road the other day.

mxtsoldierfield.jpg

It was grey or flat grey. I was like, "Damn, that is a huge hummer, wtf." Then I saw the rather conspicuous International Trucks grill.

One of my brother's lacrosse teammates has a dad that daily drives one.

Why?

Because 'murca, F yeah

Actually, they get 8-10mpg, not so bad for a 7 ton pickup, and were aimed at two markets: commercial haulers and dump trucks and recreational haulers (large boats and horse trailers.) Also consider this is International, and so this was the smallest thing they offered. All discontinued now except the armored military version which was picked up to serve the UK (God save the Queen.)

Although I think Ashton Kutcher's falls under the category of "Because 'murca, F yeah!":lol:

It said GT 350, but I don't know.

IMG_0001-49.jpg

Awesome Ford Street rod

IMG_0023-20.jpg

Ford

IMG_0027-16.jpg

Opel/Buick

IMG_0028-16.jpg

996 and Lingenfelter Trans Am

IMG_0029-21.jpg

Grand Torino. The Color blind's version of the Starsky and Hutch car.

IMG_0031-17.jpg

Thunderbird

IMG_0032-22.jpg

Huge John Deere

IMG_0033-17.jpg

Beetle

IMG_0034-14.jpg

Merc

IMG_0035-17.jpg

Awesome Z Car

IMG_0036-16.jpg

Actually, they get 8-10mpg, not so bad for a 7 ton pickup, and were aimed at two markets: commercial haulers and dump trucks and recreational haulers (large boats and horse trailers.) Also consider this is International, and so this was the smallest thing they offered. All discontinued now except the armored military version which was picked up to serve the UK (God save the Queen.)

Although I think Ashton Kutcher's falls under the category of "Because 'murca, F yeah!":lol:

Well he races boats also...

Haha, I know. I think they're badass myself. I just really wanted to use that line somewhere today...

Btw, Z car above my post is epic!

That Buick is the GS version, you can tell because they tried to hide the verticle bumper vents.

Some "Good" stuff I saw on my way to and from work today! These stuck out in a sea of Hondas and Toyotas that are typically seen on my commutes. I also saw a white Lexus IS-F which while not rare per se, is still a rarity around these parts. Unfortunately I couldn't get my phone out fast enough to snap a pic before it drove away. :nervous:

nissanmuranoconvertible.jpg

Nissan Murano Convertible (from inside my Jetta on my way to work)

convertibleviper.jpg

Convertible Viper (from inside my Jetta at 75mph yikes!)

After having seen some rather interesting cars today, I felt compelled to stop at the Volkswagen of America HQ which is about 15 min from where I live. I figure all (or most) of the employees are required (or it may be just suggested) that they drive VWs or Audis since the entire parking lot consisted of one model or another from each of those manufacturers. I didn't see any new A6s though. :indiff:

fiat500.jpg

Fiat 500

convertibleR8.jpg

Convertible R8 (inside VW of America lobby) the car outside the window is the new A7, although you can't make it out in this photo.

audiR10TDIcockpit.jpg

Audi R10 TDI cockpit

audiR10TDI.jpg

Audi R10 TDI

audiA1.jpg

Audi A1

Also stopped by the local Ferrari, Lamborghini dealer salons. (drool)

ferrariF1engine.jpg

Ferrari F1 Engine (at the Ferrari Lamborghini Dealership)

ferraribeingloaded.jpg

Ferrari being loaded for delivery to some lucky person

ferarricockpit.jpg

Inside a Ferrari cockpit

A SUV convertible? :lol: That's even more pointless than Top Gear's Minivan convertible :lol:

It is a confusing design choice by Nissan. I was not sure what I was looking at until sanpanico pointed out it was a Murano convertible. Before completely believing him though, I had to verify it on Nissan's website and sure enough, it is there. :odd:

I think I saw a Murano 'vert today at the Nissan Headquaters here.

Trans Am Mustang

IMG_0002-44.jpg

A8 and Conti

IMG_0003-40.jpg

New Conti

IMG_0005-36.jpg

Rolls

IMG_0008-30.jpg

Lowered Saab

IMG_0009-30.jpg

Robin

IMG_0021-20.jpg

Saleen

IMG_0022-22.jpg

Muscle Row

IMG_0023-21.jpg

Electric Smart

IMG_0025-14.jpg

NISMO 370

IMG_0026-20.jpg

GTR

IMG_0027-17.jpg

Bronco

IMG_0037-18.jpg

Mustang II Cobra

IMG_0038-12.jpg

Ford

IMG_0039-13.jpg

A few more classcis

IMG_0040-11.jpg

Why, whats this poking out of someone's drive!

786821345_photobucket_33575_.jpg

An Oldsmobile! Not something you see every day in Darlington, and the only one Ive seen! This eclipses any car Ive posted for coolness- darn thing barely fits in the drive!
Anyone know what year this hails from, roughly?

786821345_photobucket_33574_.jpg

Back