DiRT Rally Thread

Hey guys, very much looking forward to getting my hands on this next week, although I was thinking that using the handbrake would be very awkward (as a button), as my TH8A would be used for the gears. Is there any solutions that could change anything - is it possible to get two TH8As for the PS4 so that one could be a handbrake?! If you can then I'll just get another one - I know you can on PC but I'm not sure on console?!

It pains me that the GR Impreza SuperCar is numbered #11 when its only official FIA outing was numbered as #96... #11 was its number in the contemporary GRC season. lol

First car I'm gonna drive is the 207. I own one in real-life and I barely get the chance to drive it in the gaming world so looking forward to throwing it about. :D

PS4

Hi guys I am not sure where to post these or if they have been posted, footage of PS4 gameplay (not PC) by Alan VVV put up over the last few days, graphics don't look too bad 👍

PS4

Hi guys I am not sure where to post these or if they have been posted, footage of PS4 gameplay (not PC) by Alan VVV put up over the last few days, graphics don't look too bad 👍

I'm so hyped to drive the Opel Manta, Ford Fiesta and 95' Subaru at Monte Carlo...and Wales. That video is supercharging the hype. :drool:

Anyone thinking this looks game bad needs their eyes checked. A little bit outdated, as in ''not Driveclub levels of eye candy'', sure.

The only issue I've so far been able to notice is the screen-tearing in the upper half of the screen and framerate drops that occurs during some rallycross events and replays, albeit very rarely. I'll have to play it myself though. Not going to put that much faith into these YouTube videos - compression and all that.

Hoping there will be a reviews thread for Dirt Rally. From what I've read and seen online, it seems Dirt will be better than SLR Evo.
Codemasters are questionable on the F1 games (barring F1 2016 which might change that), and GIRD couod be considered hit and miss depending on who you ask (personally thought GRID 1 and GRID Autosport were decent fun), but when it comes to rallying they're beasts. 👍

Sometimes it can fall apart - the rallycross racing feels tacked on, and really shows the edges of the physics model. But get out on one of the (full) 11ish km stages and it's brilliant.

That's a shame. The Rallycross was what got me most interested. I'll still get it but I imagine rallies aren't so great for online clubs. I hope my Rally Cross won't have to wait until Project Cars 2. What is it that shows the limits of the physics model?

Last edited:
That's a shame. The Rallycross was what got me most interested. I'll still get it but I imagine rally aren't so great for online clubs. I hope my Rally Cross won't have to wait until Project Cars 2. What is it that shows the limits of the physics model?

Cars feel far to eager to go over when making contact with each other, primarily. First corners look like this almost every race.

slrx64-2016-01-30-17-36-31-97.jpg

This is an excellent review. Worth noting that the performance qualms have been successfully patched out, framerate issues are far improved.

Just looked on our internal system at Sainsbury's and can confirm the steel book edition will be £42.99.

Also, the game releases on the last day of Nectar points double up, so if any of you have a nectar card you can double up to twenty pounds worth of points to forty pounds and basically pay £3 for the game.

Last edited:
Sometimes it can fall apart - the rallycross racing feels tacked on, and really shows the edges of the physics model. But get out on one of the (full) 11ish km stages and it's brilliant.
Agree. I wish rallycross was a little better, but at this point I dread doing them in SLR Evo. I'm hoping Dirt Rally fills that gap for me well.

The problem of slr on console is it goes at irregular 30FPS and with steering wheel input lag (tweaked in lasted update, but still there)

Dirt Rally goes at stable 60Fps, really appreciate in a rally game.

I also tried the early access version on PC and liked much more the physics of dirt rally infront the ones slr offers..

Next week i go for my copy of the game for ps4!about time to get a good rally game again on console!

Back